Nzoner's Game Room>Michael Jordan's Flu Game
Tribal Warfare 10:45 AM 06-11-2021

24 years ago today, Michael Jordan gave us the "Flu Game."

Stuart Scott's highlight will always be 💯 pic.twitter.com/ZP2tYdjKNP

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 11, 2021

[Reply]
Valiant 01:41 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Jordan made people want to watch the nba . lebron not so much, in fact I’d rather turn it off
This is true. Watch kids on how they mimic players.
Jordan, the tongue, dunk that became Jumpman logo, jump shot.
Kobe, turnaround, smile
Steph, the 3 stroke and mouthpiece bite
Harden, stepback

LeBron, whining and flopping. Superteams.

He is still the best of his generation, but he does not endear himself.
[Reply]
crispystl 01:43 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I wish his acting was this good during Space Jam. His near collapse into Pippen's arms after the game still makes my eyes roll.

I hated that bastard. Best player I ever saw, though.

Same. I couldn’t stand him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Keep waiting. This is a thread about Jordan's flu game and the greatness he displayed that night.

Of course, I'm sure KCC will be along sometime soon to somehow discredit it or compare it to Lebron in some way, but that's to be expected. He just can't help himself.

Edit: Nevermind. I see's he's already been here. Like the sun rising in the east . . . . . . .
He truly hates the fact that the majority of fans, media members, former and current players/coaches, etc. agree on MJ being the GOAT.

And nothing will ever change that.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:50 PM 06-11-2021
1) he didn’t have the flu. He was hungover snd possibly had food poisoning.

2) he’s the best athlete/competitor I’ve seen. That includes Mahomes, but Pat has time to catch/pass him.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:52 PM 06-11-2021
Ironically, Karl Malone is the probably the NBA legend to whom LeBron compares most favorably.

Super productive for many years, but also an asshole whose game was like watching flies fuck. Jordan is the GOAT. If not him, Chamberlain.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 01:52 PM 06-11-2021
No way he had the "flu"
If you've ever had the flu you agree.
'nuff said....
[Reply]
vailpass 02:03 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
1) he didn’t have the flu. He was hungover snd possibly had food poisoning.

2) he’s the best athlete/competitor I’ve seen. That includes Mahomes, but Pat has time to catch/pass him.
Yeah, I’ve never seen a more fierce competitor. That’s what set him apart.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:12 PM 06-11-2021
If his dad was never murdered, he might have 8 or 9 rings.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:15 PM 06-11-2021
That was the craziest story. The Last Dance doc does a good job with showing MJ’s arc.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:54 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Ironically, Karl Malone is the probably the NBA legend to whom LeBron compares most favorably.

Super productive for many years, but also an asshole whose game was like watching flies ****. Jordan is the GOAT. If not him, Chamberlain.
Lebron's legacy is much higher than Malone's.

That said, outside of suspensions, Malone hardly ever missed a game until his last season. Lebron gets injured all the time. Too soft compared to Malone.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:14 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Lebron's legacy is much higher than Malone's.

That said, outside of suspensions, Malone hardly ever missed a game until his last season. Lebron gets injured all the time. Too soft compared to Malone.
This is so ridiculously wrong it has to be pointed out. Until his injury 2 years ago at the age of 34 after playing 16 years of basketball at the highest level anybody has ever seen, he was probably the most durable player in NBA history. There’s a reason he’s shattered (or is on the way to shattering) nearly every counting stat in the book and it’s not because he “gets injured all the time.”
[Reply]
Spott 04:17 PM 06-11-2021
We missed out on some great matchups with the Bulls going up against the Rockets when Jordan left for two years. Also missed seeing them against the Spurs in 99 after they decided to break up the team after the 98 season.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:41 PM 06-11-2021
"Flu":-)
such nonsense
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:45 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:

Super productive for many years, but also an asshole whose game was like watching flies fuck. Jordan is the GOAT. If not him, Chamberlain.
LeBron is a better parent
[Reply]
lcarus 05:13 PM 06-11-2021
I'm not saying he's not the greatest, but we all know he played that flu thing up big time for the cameras. Yeah he's out there putting guys in the spin cycle on fast breaks and flying above the rim like he's in NBA Jam, but when he's on the bench and the cameras are on him he can barely stand. Yeah right. He was just bored with being good.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up