ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 23
« First < 121819202122 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman to the Jets
RunKC 12:30 PM 03-22-2023

Source: Mecole Hardman has agreed to terms with the #Jets on a one-year deal. More speed for Cleveland’s offense. pic.twitter.com/yNw9If2Wc7

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
crispystl 01:36 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Rodgers is well known for throwing to guys he's familiar with too, so he's really in trouble. He isn't hitting any of those incentives. Plus, Hardman's horrible route running will drive him nuts. He'll lose trust in him very quickly.
He's also known for his lack of patience with WRs too, so none of that bodes well for Mecole. Especially in a year where he's trying to learn a new scheme as well. Hell even Mahomes used to get furious with him.

As we all know the guy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:42 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's an idiot.
I have to believe the Chiefs were essentially offering him Richie James money to play the Richie James role.

Or there would've been no reason at all for him to not stay and try to rehabilitate his market value.

I'd have been willing to go to 4-5 million on a 1-yr deal to keep him. But in the end he decided not to bet on himself and get the most he could up front. It's his call, but yeah - I think it was a massive mistake.

(Side note: I still hope the Jets cut Corey Davis and we bring him in then turf Justin Watson)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:51 PM 05-03-2023
Forgot Corey Davis even existed on that roster.

Yeah, Hardman is buried. No chance. Im guessing he didnt see this coming.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:54 PM 05-03-2023
I think Mecole may feel that KC held him back. Because he’s dumb.

Remember when Mecole kept saying to reporters he will be gtg next week (after reinjuring his groin) and then Andy said the complete opposite and the team put him on IR shortly after?

I wonder if there’s more to that.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:55 PM 05-03-2023
Hardman is a track star playing football. He’s not a football player
[Reply]
BossChief 01:55 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Of course he didn’t.

I hope he has saved a lot of his NFL money…if he doesn’t regain that elite speed…what else does he legit bring to a team?
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 01:56 PM 05-03-2023
He would have been better off in Cleveland.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:56 PM 05-03-2023

Eh, if Davis gets cut, probably not 'buried'.

But yeah, if the keep Davis, it's tough sledding.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:57 PM 05-03-2023
Wasn’t Mims. High pick there too what happened to him.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:02 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Cobb is past old. Surely he can beat him out.
Rodgers will want Cobb on the field, that's all that will matter sadly for Mecole.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:06 PM 05-03-2023
Rodgers will want Cobb on the field, that's all that will matter sadly for Mecole.
Yup.

And good lord, can you IMAGINE how Rodgers is going to treat Hardman? Mahomes has the patience of an oyster and even he got frustrated with Mecole at times.

Rodgers will have Hardman iced out by week 3.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:16 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

And good lord, can you IMAGINE how Rodgers is going to treat Hardman? Mahomes has the patience of an oyster and even he got frustrated with Mecole at times.

Mmmhmmm.

He's not a Rodgers guy. He's not getting on the field ahead of Cobb and Lazard, and obviously not ahead of Wilson.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:17 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

100%, Mecole made a really poor decision here. I'm not sure if the Chiefs actually tried to keep him, but if they did he really screwed himself.

Won't be the least bit shocked if gets let go by midseason. Just another example of a guy thinking Reid and Mahomes were somehow "holding him back" which I just can't comprehend. Just like Reek wasn't getting enough targets. These guys get inflated egos because of all the success, not realizing it's Pat, Andy and Trav that really make this thing go.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:20 PM 05-03-2023
100%, Mecole made a really poor decision here. I'm not sure if the Chiefs actually tried to keep him, but if they did he really screwed himself.

Won't be the least bit shocked if gets let go by midseason. Just another example of a guy thinking Reid and Mahomes were somehow "holding him back" which I just can't comprehend. Just like Reek wasn't getting enough targets. These guys get inflated egos because of all the success, not realizing it's Pat, Andy and Trav that really make this thing go.
Not a chance in hell he gets cut, and the whole "They were holding me back" is a quote totally taken out of context and not really what he said, yet Chiefs fans ran with it anyway.

He's not a bad guy. He's not a bad player either. Ya'll need to stop trying to soil the man's character.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:33 PM 05-03-2023
Not a chance in hell he gets cut, and the whole "They were holding me back" is a quote totally taken out of context and not really what he said, yet Chiefs fans ran with it anyway.

He's not a bad guy. He's not a bad player either. Ya'll need to stop trying to soil the man's character.
I'm not trying to soil anything, I actually wanted him back. I'm just saying if the Chiefs were trying to keep him and he thought this was a better choice, he made a huge mistake. I don't think anything ever came out regarding whether he got an offer at all, though, so it could be a moot point.

If he's iced out by Rodgers early on, he very well could end up asking for his release. If he's not playing enough he's going to get frustrated, and my money is on him getting relegated to gadget plays and punt returns, which is exactly what he didn't want while playing on a one year deal. We'll see.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 23
« First < 121819202122 23 >
Up