ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 23
« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman to the Jets
RunKC 12:30 PM 03-22-2023

Source: Mecole Hardman has agreed to terms with the #Jets on a one-year deal. More speed for Cleveland’s offense. pic.twitter.com/yNw9If2Wc7

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
wazu 11:26 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The results from 2022 season show that so far he’s cut from the same cloth as Hardman.
We'll see. I think Skyy actually has football skills other than straight-line speed. That alone gives him something more than Hardman had.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:56 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
So BV would have resigned him but CP ran him out of town???

:-) :-) :-)
Heh, no. that might've been a little Scotch-induced hyperbole on my part.

Point I think I was trying to make is that Hardman will never make any kind of name for himself relegated to 3-4 targets per game. At around 5.5 targets per game his projection is over 800 yards, about 30 1st downs and 7-9 TDs. But as the WR4 he'll never average that many targets.

And the health thing is weird to me, because he's never had an injury problem. Last season was the first time he ever missed significant time due to injury. And abdominal injuries are rarely career-ending. Travis has had two abdominal surgeries and he's been fine.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:58 AM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
He took the most money offered. It's what they mostly always do, as we all would.
True but if you are taking a one year deal at his position and age you better make sure it is a good fit. Cuz hes gonna need that 3 year deal.

Hardmans skillset is fits perfectly for the gadget role that the Chiefs utilize. Some teams dont have much of a gadget role. Basically he was as successful as he could ever be wirh the Chiefs. One thing we know for certain is hes no more than a WR3. If he was drafted by another team and they tried to make him be a WR and no gadget stuff/sweeps etc he might have even been almost out of the league

As Ive always maintained after we drafted him, hes a fast guy who plays football not a football player who is fast.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:11 PM 03-26-2023
If everything you said is true I imagine that would be a valuable player that KC would have made a significant effort to keep…
Hardman was the third most productive WR on the team last season and may have ended up the 2nd most productive if not for injuries. His projection was over 600 yards and 7-8 receiving TDs (4 rushing?) if he hadn't gotten hurt.

Also, it appears that this year's draft class does offer several gettable options for a similar type of WR that Hardman was for the offense, but with higher floors. Especially if the guy is only going to get 3 targets a game. So maybe that was a factor as well.

I won't pretend to know what Veach is planning, but it looks like he's clearing cap space for some kind of big move for an offensive player. To date, he's only signed one offensive FA, in Taylor. Other than that move, it's been super quiet as far as offensive players are concerned. By this time last season we'd already gone after JJSS and MVS, iirc. Considering the state of the WR room and the unlikelihood of drafting a rookie WR that will instantaneously produce at a high level, that seems to be the play.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:16 PM 03-26-2023
It also remains to be seen if Mecole retains all of that speed post surgery
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:22 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This person is wrong.

His base salary is ~1mm. He then gets a 3mm signing bonus. Then there are the incentives.

Why are you guys so desperate to jump on Hardman and call him trash? The guy was nothing but a good member of our team. Such clownish behavior.
he was just a faster version of clyde for what he actually added to our team

clyde - 66.6 yards per game, .51 TD per game, in 3 years
hardman - 38.8 yards per game, .35 TD per game, in 4 years

don't see many clyde stans around here anymore :-)

they're gonna find another hardman easy
[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 03-26-2023
The results from 2022 season show that so far he’s cut from the same cloth as Hardman.
You're such a buttfucking moron. Good grief.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:15 PM 03-26-2023
I don’t think he’s healthy and took a minimum deal from another team that looks to be getting a HOF qb to help him build his value for next offseason. Which -on the surface- seems logical. If he never got hurt, his value would have been much higher. He’s still young and this gives him a chance to rehab his value for a more robust FA period next year.

It just makes no sense that he wouldn’t stay in KC for that deal. They would have been able to utilize the veteran benefit for his whole base salary and his incentives would have Ben mostly unlikely to be earned due to his injury, if I understand that correctly.

It looks like KC never even made him an offer and didn’t want him back at any price.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:45 PM 03-26-2023
I don’t get all the hatred towards Hardman. The Chiefs panicked and drafted him a little too high. He was never going to be a Tyreek Hill type player. He provided many big plays over the past 4 years. Sucks he didn’t turn out to be more but his ceiling was always just a speedy gadget player. The Chiefs were hoping it would be more but it didn’t work out that way. It’s how it goes sometimes. Not like he was a bust.

I wish him well.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:45 PM 03-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
he was just a faster version of clyde for what he actually added to our team

clyde - 66.6 yards per game, .51 TD per game, in 3 years
hardman - 38.8 yards per game, .35 TD per game, in 4 years

don't see many clyde stans around here anymore :-)

they're gonna find another hardman easy
You think it’s an appropriate to compare a starting RB’s stats to those of a 3rd or 4th option at WR when options 1 and 2 are first ballot HOFers?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:03 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Heh, no. that might've been a little Scotch-induced hyperbole on my part.

Point I think I was trying to make is that Hardman will never make any kind of name for himself relegated to 3-4 targets per game. At around 5.5 targets per game his projection is over 800 yards, about 30 1st downs and 7-9 TDs. But as the WR4 he'll never average that many targets.
You unintentionally made an important OVERALL point here.

Targets.

I think it's a big issue for Hardman, and likely a big issue overall for EVERYONE which is why we haven't landed any 'big name' WR's.

The way this offense is structured post Hill is that no one WR is going to get a quantity of targets week in and week out. Your number of targets will depend on the opponent, the gameplan that week to attack said opponent, and then the way the game unfolds. Are they going to sit back in two deep? Cool, MVS isn't going to get targets, but he is going to force them to stay there, and Juju (now Moore probably) is going to get the ball. Cover one? Look out, here comes Toney to split the field deep and how did Kelce get so open?!

Some games, you'll eat. Some games, you'll be clearing coverage for someone else with a different skillset.

Kelce's going to get near 100 balls. The rest is spread out, and that's no matter who lines up every week.

It doesn't require an elite WR. It DOES require some good, dependable ones, and varied skillsets/body types. And if they execute it well, it's pretty damned unstoppable.

Go ask the Eagles about Toney/Moore/MVS/Kelce/Pacheco/Mckinnon and see what they think about that collection of weaponry.
[Reply]
morphius 06:06 AM 03-27-2023
I did feel like he had improved this year, but I struggle to get upset about losing guys that wait to their contract year to finally put that level of effort in. His talk about him never going to be a number 1 WR with Hill and Watkins here also bothers me, but at the same time, Pringle and Bricks Robinson were often better.

Don't hate the guy, just always rough seeing that level of talent wasted, cause the guy had moves with that ball that a lot of guys just never will.
[Reply]
O.city 07:49 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Targets.

I think it's a big issue for Hardman, and likely a big issue overall for EVERYONE which is why we haven't landed any 'big name' WR's.

The way this offense is structured post Hill is that no one WR is going to get a quantity of targets week in and week out. Your number of targets will depend on the opponent, the gameplan that week to attack said opponent, and then the way the game unfolds. Are they going to sit back in two deep? Cool, MVS isn't going to get targets, but he is going to force them to stay there, and Juju (now Moore probably) is going to get the ball. Cover one? Look out, here comes Toney to split the field deep and how did Kelce get so open?!

Some games, you'll eat. Some games, you'll be clearing coverage for someone else with a different skillset.

Kelce's going to get near 100 balls. The rest is spread out, and that's no matter who lines up every week.

It doesn't require an elite WR. It DOES require some good, dependable ones, and varied skillsets/body types. And if they execute it well, it's pretty damned unstoppable.

Go ask the Eagles about Toney/Moore/MVS/Kelce/Pacheco/Mckinnon and see what they think about that collection of weaponry.
If they have a WR of the caliber that Kelce is at TE, he's gonna soak up targets.

I'm guessing if he stays healthy next year, Toney will end up in the 80s
[Reply]
Shields68 08:10 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they have a WR of the caliber that Kelce is at TE, he's gonna soak up targets.

I'm guessing if he stays healthy next year, Toney will end up in the 80s
Though to keep Toney healthy they very well may limit his snaps. But yeah if someone can consistently get separation and catch the ball they will get the ball.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:36 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Targets.

Go back and look at the boxscore, my friend. PHI would probably say that they aren't scared at all of that collection of receivers. The only one on that list that actually hurt them at all was Kelce. MVS did nothing. Toney and Moore combined for 2 catches and 9 yards. Pacheco didn't catch a pass and McKinnon caught 3 for 15 yards, no TDs.

The fact of the matter is that the Chiefs didn't win that game because of how well the passing attack worked, because it didn't. 182 yards for the game. JuJu didn't do anything in the first half, and most of his catches in the 2nd half were schemed to get him open, because he couldn't do it on his own in the first.

The defense holding PHI to just 11 points in the second half and STs coming up with a huge punt return (that doesn't happen if their punter doesn't shank that punt) played a larger role in that win than our passing game. In fact, it was the running game that got KC back in the game, because our passing attack was so ineffective in the first half.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 23
« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Up