ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 97
« First < 45859192939495 9697 >
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 01:00 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

The more you look into this, the more obvious the answer becomes. Moore isn't a replacement for Hardman or MVS; it's just not his game. He's a natural replacement for JJSS, though. And yes, if he's out there taking 100 targets within 10 yards of the LOS, with his hands I have no reason to believe he couldn't manage a high success rate.

Those that are expecting a breakout from Moore next year NEED JuJu to move on to get it. That's his role.
I think more context is needed here. I saw a stat that showed Mahomes significant improvement against the 3 DL/drop 8 defense that the Bengals used to confuse him last year.

We also know every damn team is lining up in the Fangio cover 2 with those safeties sitting back there to erase any possibility of the deep play, especially against our offense.

Idk. It certainly seems like Andy deliberately designed the offense to take advantage of the middle and intermediate area of the field to counteract that.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:22 PM 01-04-2023
I love JuJu but the smart move is let him walk, get a high comp pick, and replace his production via another FA trying to rehab their market value.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:28 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I really would have liked him in KC. I'm sad he's gonna wither in NO.

But that's another prime example of why I'm not paying JJSS or going and paying another teams #2 that they let walk (cause teams don't let their #1 go, they trade or pay them). These WR's coming into the league every year are just ready to go. Draft one early, insert him and let Pat feast.
Juju has had basically no market the last 2 offseasons and even though he’s been a nice piece for us, I don’t think he’s going to be demanding more than something like 3/45. That’s probably the contract negotiating point where I’d tap out and look elsewhere if it’s not enough for him and if I’m Veach, I start those contract talks at 3/36.

The guy has made 20m in 6 nfl seasons. If he wants to stay in KC, he’s going to need to be reasonable in negotiations and sign a deal that would pay him less than what he might make on the open market catching passes from a lesser QB and watching the Chiefs win playoff games while he’s at home watching and trying to justify his decision constantly like Tyreek.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:31 PM 01-04-2023
I really think Amari Cooper would be really nice option if the Browns would want to move him. Doubt they'd want to, but who knows.

He's 28, really good route runner, would really pair well here. They gave up a 6th to get him. See if they'd take a 4th that would become a 3rd.
Might as well just sign Beckham then and save the pick, right?
[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Might as well just sign Beckham then and save the pick, right?
Beckham is older, coming off an injury. Why would we want him?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:07 PM 01-04-2023
By the way, can we talk about what a steal kelce is? Juju might get kelce money. How crazy is that
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think more context is needed here. I saw a stat that showed Mahomes significant improvement against the 3 DL/drop 8 defense that the Bengals used to confuse him last year.

We also know every damn team is lining up in the Fangio cover 2 with those safeties sitting back there to erase any possibility of the deep play, especially against our offense.

Idk. It certainly seems like Andy deliberately designed the offense to take advantage of the middle and intermediate area of the field to counteract that.
I don't disagree with the 'why' of it - just that the 'what' of it isn't hard to duplicate with anybody with a willingness to play in tight spaces and good hands.

And if Moore doesn't have that willingness, he ain't gonna make it in the league.

The role he'll succeed in here is presently occupied by JJSS. That's all I'm saying. And I don't think that role will be especially difficult to fill because the degree of difficulty just isn't very high.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:45 PM 01-04-2023
Beckham is older, coming off an injury. Why would we want him?
cuz pick.

But I seriously doubt he's interested in a 'prove it' deal. He still thinks he deserves top of the market #1 money.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:05 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I think that’s why we were willing to give tyreek big money. And why we traded for Toney when we lost hill. It’s not as much the deep stuff as much as it is a YAC guy who can move with wiggle. We can stretch the field horizontally. Juju was supposed to play off of that so kelce didn’t take the entire middle on by himself. It would have been interesting to see. But I’m leaning more to what DJs saying now about favoring faster WRs. I just want to make sure they’re not too small to struggle against man coverage and that they have really good ball skills. One thing about tyreek… the guy is so terrifying to cover that no defense dares run man against Miami and formerly kc. Since we left the chiefs are seeing a ton of man. So having man beaters in addition to speed will be real important going forward
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think that’s why we were willing to give tyreek big money. And why we traded for Toney when we lost hill. It’s not as much the deep stuff as much as it is a YAC guy who can move with wiggle. We can stretch the field horizontally. Juju was supposed to play off of that so kelce didn’t take the entire middle on by himself. It would have been interesting to see. But I’m leaning more to what DJs saying now about favoring faster WRs. I just want to make sure they’re not too small to struggle against man coverage and that they have really good ball skills. One thing about tyreek… the guy is so terrifying to cover that no defense dares run man against Miami and formerly kc. Since we left the chiefs are seeing a ton of man. So having man beaters in addition to speed will be real important going forward
'would have been interesting to see'?

Juju has 76 catches for 898 yards, and missed a few games. I think we saw exactly what you describe.

If you had no idea what the team's record was, or that Mahomes is 430 yards away from the all-time passing record you might think we're discussing a .500 club that needs some pieces to be able to compete next season.

You can't have everything. And yet, we have ALMOST everything. In fact, if Toney had the entire offense and could stay on the field, we probably DO have everything.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:30 AM 01-22-2023
Man..I just can't bring myself to break the bank for this guy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:33 AM 01-22-2023
He about blew the game with his stupid ass crackback block on a huge 3rd down conversion late in the game
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:33 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I love JuJu but the smart move is let him walk, get a high comp pick, and replace his production via another FA trying to rehab their market value.
Slant boy will be released by the Saints.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:24 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Slant boy will be released by the Saints.
600 yards in 3 years

MAYBE on a JuJu-like incentive deal.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:34 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
600 yards in 3 years

MAYBE on a JuJu-like incentive deal.
No reason to do anything more than that.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 97
« First < 45859192939495 9697 >
Up