ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 220 of 270
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:23 PM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Veach is going to trade the 2nd pick and maybe a 4th/5th pick, get ARI to eat a little of that salary for Deandre. Only thing that really makes any sense when you look at our WR room, and how weak the WR class will be available to KC in this draft.
God, I hope they don't give up that much compensation.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:32 PM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Meh. We don't need every pick in 2023. We don't have pressing needs except on the DL (DT/EDGE) and maybe on the OL. It'd be nice to pick up another DB, a TE, and a WR (if there's one good enough to produce from week 1), but those aren't pressing needs, except the WR.

Really, we need maybe 4-5 picks; the rest are just extras.

So, I wouldn't mind of Veach traded a two or even three picks (one in 2024?) for Deandre. But I'd like to see Veach finagle ARI into eating some of that salary in 2023 as well.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:06 PM 04-24-2023
Part of me wants DHop to keep a team like Buffalo from getting him and watching their fans melt down even more. But still don’t want to overpay to do that though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:11 PM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Part of me wants DHop to keep a team like Buffalo from getting him and watching their fans melt down even more. But still don’t want to overpay to do that though.
Lol, yeah I feel that as well.

But I don't think we have to worry about Veach overpaying for Hopkins. He won't do that. He probably won't steal him either, unless ARI FO is just stupid beyond belief like HOU, but a 'fair' deal would be fine.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:12 PM 04-24-2023
Meh. We don't need every pick in 2023. We don't have pressing needs except on the DL (DT/EDGE) and maybe on the OL. It'd be nice to pick up another DB, a TE, and a WR (if there's one good enough to produce from week 1), but those aren't pressing needs, except the WR.

Really, we need maybe 4-5 picks; the rest are just extras.

So, I wouldn't mind of Veach traded a two or even three picks (one in 2024?) for Deandre. But I'd like to see Veach finagle ARI into eating some of that salary in 2023 as well.
We need a starting T. Niang cannot be counted on. Kinnard is a G and so on.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:14 PM 04-24-2023
Lol, yeah I feel that as well.

But I don't think we have to worry about Veach overpaying for Hopkins. He won't do that. He probably won't steal him either, unless ARI FO is just stupid beyond belief like HOU, but a 'fair' deal would be fine.
They aren’t that bad, but I would not say they are much better either.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:16 PM 04-24-2023
We need a starting T. Niang cannot be counted on. Kinnard is a G and so on.
Whatever. I already said we could use another OL. That, and a DT and an EDGE. After that, we really don't have any real 'needs.' So we're talking three or four picks that are actually necessary. Everything else is just rotational depth pieces or whatever, but not real needs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:17 PM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They aren’t that bad, but I would not say they are much better either.
Yeah, I don't think they're that dumb either. Would be really nice if they were though. Can't hurt to dream.
[Reply]
Woogieman 07:20 PM 04-24-2023
If BV gives up that kind of compensation, I would rather them move up in the draft and get a guy that could start for 5 yrs or so on a rookie contract
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:31 PM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
If BV gives up that kind of compensation, I would rather them move up in the draft and get a guy that could start for 5 yrs or so on a rookie contract
If Veach gave up multiple picks for any of the WRs in this class he probably should be demoted/fired. It's not a strong class, according to every expert. Only one or two are probably legit top-32 WRs. Everyone else is more project than prospect.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:00 PM 04-24-2023
If Veach gave up multiple picks for any of the WRs in this class he probably should be demoted/fired. It's not a strong class, according to every expert. Only one or two are probably legit top-32 WRs. Everyone else is more project than prospect.
But he gets 5 years at 1/5 the salary. For the same compensation.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:03 PM 04-24-2023
I'd happily offer a 3rd + additional asset, a second feels too rich but I don't think any WR in this draft helps us more over the next 2 seasons than D-Hop and outside of Hill I don't feel we have the best track record of draft WRs.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:05 PM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
But he gets 5 years at 1/5 the salary. For the same compensation.
What about the production?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:05 PM 04-24-2023
If we trade for Hopkins it will likely be after this year's draft for next year's picks.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:19 PM 04-24-2023
Supposedly Albert Breer did a livestream on Twitter and he said he still thinks Hopkins ends up a Chief.
[Reply]
Page 220 of 270
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230 > Last »
Up