ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 173
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:36 PM 08-11-2015
I think the storm is just about over with the colon prep. It didn't savage my internal 'roids this time, so that is a big plus. The first colon prep I had to go through had me so irritated, the softest toilet paper felt like low-grade sand paper. My check in time at the hospital is at 5:30 am ( :-) ) and I have to stay up until 11 pm to take the last of the antibiotics, otherwise I'd be snoozing away now.

I have no idea when the surgery will take place or how long I won't be able to eat real food. Maybe they could puree a filet mignon for me, medium rare?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:49 PM 08-11-2015
I hope things go very well tomorrow, brother.
[Reply]
srvy 10:01 PM 08-11-2015
Ed and Dave your in my prayers for your big day tomorrow you got this. Look forward to you guys up around and posting.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:06 PM 08-11-2015
Today's the day.

Good luck, guys.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:10 PM 08-11-2015
Best of luck fellas I'm thinking about you.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:44 PM 08-11-2015
I am heading to bed now, but I am so blasted weak and even shaking a bit from lack of food. Best of luck and prayers sent to my fellow warrior Big Meatball Dave. I hope this is your last battle with the cancer and you are healthy from here on out!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:16 AM 08-12-2015
Praying for you, friend.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:53 AM 08-12-2015
God speed Ed!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:19 PM 08-12-2015
I am in my hospital room now in a lot of pain. They had to open me up for the resect. I was in surgery for 4 hours. When they put me into my bed by picking me up by lifting the sheet under me, I cried out in agony. It hurt so badly! I get twinges and when they uncover me to check my gut, the muscles tighten up and it feels like it is tearing me apart. My body shivers for several minutes afterwards as if I am cold, which doesn't help. The pain medication is delievered by IV and I press a button to send a dose. It does not kill the pain, just lessens it some. I can see myself in the reflection of my i-pad screen and I am very pale and look exhausted, which I am. Thankfully, they ran a catheter in me so I don't have to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. I don't think I can stand on my own now, anyway.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:39 PM 08-12-2015
Nurse, get Ed some goddamned heroin! Stat!

That situation of yours sounds fucking awful, man. But I'm glad you made it out of surgery in one piece. I know this completely sucks but just dig down, ask the Master for some help, and try to let the shock fade out.
[Reply]
58-4ever 05:40 PM 08-12-2015
Ed, when you want visitors, I'll come by. If you want me to sneak you in some treats, I can do that too! Just let me know about anything you need.

-Josh
[Reply]
58-4ever 05:41 PM 08-12-2015
Originally Posted by 58-4ever:
Ed, when you want visitors, I'll come by. If you want me to sneak you in some treats, I can do that too! Just let me know about anything you need.

-Josh
You have my phone number, email, and FB
[Reply]
Meatloaf 05:45 PM 08-12-2015
Glad you made it through your surgery albeit with a tad less intestine....heck, who needs all that intestine?!?!? Sorry to hear about the pain, but as you know, with time it will lessen. Just crap that you have to go through it, but hey, no pain, no gain. AND, if that's correct, you're obviously in for a ginormous GAIN!!!

Take care buddy, and keep us posted on your progress.

PS. You and Meatball Dave are both in my prayers. Powerful stuff too!
[Reply]
patteeu 05:59 PM 08-12-2015
I hope everything went spectacularly well for both of you today. Don't try to be a tough guy... keep pushing that button.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:04 PM 08-12-2015
Mighty Ed will be golden soon... all that man needs is a buxom wench, strong grog, and the wind at his sails.

Heart of a Viking, c'mon man.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 173
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up