ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 37
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
OldSchool 09:52 AM 09-19-2014
Who's your top ranked receiver right now?

For me, the most pro-ready and best all around prospect at WR is Amari Cooper. He would come in and immediately start across from Bowe and eventually replace him as the primary WR.

What's wrong with Sammy Coates?

The guy has all of the tools in the world, I would equate him to Vernon Davis but at the WR position, but he hasn't produced much at all this season. Coates isn't even close to being his team's leading receiver so I'm not going to blame it on the scheme. Physically, Coates looks like a top 10 pick but his production is that of a mid to late rounder. Where would you take him?

Any thoughts on Coates' teammate, D'haquille Williams?

There is a massive difference in production between he and Sammy Coates so far this year; yes, this could be entirely due to Coates being injured from the Arkansas game but Coates only caught one pass in that game and dropped a possible TD pass despite playing 52 snaps against the Razorbacks. Williams is a JUCO transfer with good size, speed, and explosiveness, though not on the same level as Coates as far as pure physical ability goes. Is he a potential #1 WR or just a 2 at best?

Does DGB declare? If so, do you even dare to touch him given his off-field issues?

Despite not playing this season, I think that there is a real possibility that DGB does declare for the 2015 NFL draft; he just doesn't seem like the type of person who would be willing to go through another year of college over getting paid as a pro athlete. If he does declare, what round would you be willing to take a risk on him? The guy has had problems with at least two key NFL issues, abuse of women and weed. DGB has top 5 talent but an off-field reputation that would have him banned from the league if he had committed those acts as a Pro.

Do Jaelen Strong, Kevin White, or Devante Parker have enough speed to be potential #1 WRs? If not, are their other gifts good enough for them to be close to what Larry Fitzgerald has been in the league?

Is Stefon Diggs actually that fast? When I watch him, I don't see the same dimension of speed that guys like Jackson, Wallace, etc have. I'll be very curious to see what he actually runs at the Combine.

Who are you guys keeping your eyes on this year at the WR position?
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:40 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I'm becoming a big fan as well. Hardy and Goodley in the mid rounds isn't too much to ask for, right?
assuming we have an extra 3rd, i hope we use 2 of our first 4 picks on WR
[Reply]
RunKC 08:41 AM 01-22-2015
Originally Posted by O.city:
So, Devin smith. Am I supposed to not like him, cause he deems like a great fit herr
If there's one WR I think we'd draft rd 1, it's him
[Reply]
buddha 10:21 AM 01-22-2015
So, Devin smith. Am I supposed to not like him, cause he deems like a great fit herr
I'd try to sign Maclin and draft Devin Smith. You have a ready made WR corps, with two incredibly smooth, fast WRs who can stretch the field, or run precision underneath routes.
[Reply]
O.city 12:31 PM 01-22-2015
You guys think Smith will go first round?
[Reply]
buddha 12:33 PM 01-22-2015
You guys think Smith will go first round?
I think so. I don't think he'd slip any farther than the top of the 2nd round at worst.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:27 PM 01-22-2015
Holy shit Kevin Lockett and Phillip Dorsett are BEASTING out there.

These are the kind of WR's we need. These guys can get open in a hurry and kill you in YAC.
[Reply]
OldSchool 04:44 PM 01-22-2015

These are the kind of WR's we need. These guys can get open in a hurry and kill you in YAC.
Yup. I'd prefer Dorsett but I wouldn't mind Lockett either.
[Reply]
royalschiefs 04:55 PM 01-22-2015

Really, REALLY hoping Dorsey nabs Lockett...
[Reply]
bsp4444 07:16 PM 01-22-2015

Call me jaded, but we'll prolly draft the db's in those gifs.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:30 PM 01-23-2015
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
Call me jaded, but we'll prolly draft the db's in those gifs.
Cuz we're the chiefs baby....doin shit wrong since 1970.
[Reply]
OldSchool 06:01 PM 01-24-2015
If you haven't already, try to check out Dezmin Lewis from Central Arkansas. Great size, good body control, and good ball skills.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:44 PM 01-25-2015
Late sleeper for you guys...

Chase Cochran - Ohio 6'2" 185 or so. Nice speed. can catch the ball in traffic too.

Here's the only highlights I could find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmcfrDzG78U
[Reply]
planetdoc 10:53 AM 02-14-2015
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...uting-notebook

Originally Posted by :
After seeing Dorial Green-Beckham in person before the Super Bowl, I started asking NFL scouts what they've heard about his year at Oklahoma. As one Southwest scout assigned to Oklahoma told me, "He's completely turned his life around. Big brother moved in, whipped his ass and took control. He's on the straight-and-narrow since leaving Mizzou."

— As teams get together at headquarters to group-scout players, one director of scouting told me he was "very surprised" by Green-Beckham's speed on tape. "He has a lot more scoot than I saw back in January."

[Reply]
OldSchool 05:13 PM 02-15-2015
Originally Posted by planetdoc:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...uting-notebook
Yeah, I would love to have him but would be worried at the same time.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:37 PM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Yeah, I would love to have him but would be worried at the same time.
If he's there when KC picks..they need to take him. Dude looks like a young Calvin Johnson.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 37
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up