ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Mark Hoppus
RunKC 04:37 PM 07-20-2021
I haven’t seen this posted anywhere so I wanted to discuss this guy. It’s incredibly sad that he’s not even 50 and has stage 4 Lymphoma and will likely pass by the end of this year.

Mark was a big part of my childhood. I loved Blink 182 and am sad that one of my heroes is going to pass way too soon ☹️

Hope he enjoys the time he has left. I can’t imagine being in his situation
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's Travis Barker, who's actually a really fucking great drummer.

Dude's about to a marry into the Kardashians so he must be into dumb drama queens.
He’s a great drummer but just screams douchebag.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 10:07 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He’s a great drummer but just screams douchebag.
Very liberal use of the word great
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:00 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Buddy Rich:
Very liberal use of the word great
He's a great rock drummer.

And while he's far from my favorite rock drummer, there aren't a lot of really great rock drummers that were born in the past 40 years.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:07 PM 07-22-2021

And while he's far from my favorite rock drummer, there aren't a lot of really great rock drummers that were born in the past 40 years.
not to derail (but I will :-))
who is on your list of great rock drummers?

I'm always on the lookout for hearing other musicians I may not have heard of; or are underappreciated that I can go down the internet rabbit hole to check out.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:09 PM 07-22-2021
JOHN BONHAM’S PLAYING MOBY DICK FOR REAL!
[Reply]
backinblack 01:10 PM 07-22-2021
He's posted updates where it appears things are going well. Here's hoping though, been a big fan of his for ~25 years, met him once in the early 2000s even. Really good dude.
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 01:16 PM 07-22-2021

Agreed
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:54 PM 07-22-2021

Not bad for a guy who started out playing in the Aquabats. Who are a guilty pleasure.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:20 PM 07-23-2021
Blink at sandstone was also my first ever concert. These guys have always been one of my favorite bands and I hold out hope I will see Mark and Tom reunite once more with Skiba out of the picture. For that to happen, he's got to beat this. Such a shame this is happening to such a fun guy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:28 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Not bad for a guy who started out playing in the Aquabats. Who are a guilty pleasure.
I saw the Aquabats open for one of those popular ska bands, whose name escapes me right now, in the old Tower Records parking lot. They were a blast!

They were also a big part of Yo Gabba Gabba, which my kids loved (and to be honest, I loved it, too).

The Aquabats also played Yo Gabba Gabba Live, which we saw twice. The second performance, which was at the Nokia Theater (now Microsoft Theater in LA Live), was even better and the crowd (including me) went nuts when Biz Markie hit the stage (may he RIP).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up