ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The ONLY Thing To Know To Survive An Active Shooter
Lzen 10:24 AM 07-20-2021
Just got these in my email and thought they were interesting and informative. Tim Larkin is a self defense guy I have been learning from (Target Focus Training) for years. His guest is an expert on this and he only uses facts. Perhaps this could save some lives. Share with everyone you know.

Pt. 1
https://youtu.be/FDDK0jLsdKQ

Pt. 2
https://youtu.be/nRt2bjdCEO4
[Reply]
Pablo 08:38 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Bill I feel like it’s story time for this comment
Prolly just a Friday night in Westport
[Reply]
BWillie 08:49 PM 07-20-2021
People always talk about guns for protection but Im sure wearing a Kevlar vest wherever you go would certainly be safer.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:14 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Prolly just a Friday night in Westport
I've shared this before. It was an early Sunday evening in Westport I was working an event outdoors it was packed maybe 300 people? Shit was winding down all off a sudden I hear a loud pop. I knew what it was immediately at that point adrenaline kicked in I didnt think just reacted on instinct there was a bathroom not even 50 ft away I just hid in there. Everyone was screaming and shit it was pretty chaotic. Of course nobody knew wtf was going on at the time but what happened in some piece of shit saw some guys who beat the **** out of him a few years prior, so this moron pulls out a gun shoots in their general direction the bullet ends up striking an innocent person in the throat he died almost instantly, the bullet traveled through him and hit someone else too thankfully they survived. This all happened within a few hundred feet of me but there was so many people I had no idea what the **** was going on.

It took a few months for them to find and arrest the guy. He only got 18 years too. The family ended up suing and hired a private investigator whom was a total dick to talk to and it sucks the whole staff had to relive that moment going through all of that but I understand. Something I'll never forget and just how much we really take life for granted.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:22 PM 07-20-2021
In Florida where I live the only mass shooting I can remember was the Parkland School shooting in 2018 where 17 were killed. School shooters know that the one place that you can't carry a concealed weapon is on school property, only the school police can have a weapon.

Otherwise in a state with a population of about 20 million, there is about 2 million concealed licenses in the state, and about 17,000 more each month. I've had one for almost ten years and carry my pistol everywhere I go. So, going by those figures if there were about 500 people in a crowd not in a school, about 50 of those people would have a concealed weapon. I believe this one of the reasons we don't see mass shooters fooling around in Florida.

In the retirement community I live, there is a population of 140,000 of which about 20,000 are military veterans and we also have a large number of retired police officers, so our concealed weapon percentages are probably even higher. The only time I really worry is when I go to one of the squares to listen to music with about 1,000 other people, but considering the makeup of the community and the figures I stated, I feel pretty safe that no one is going to really try anything.

The biggest crowd we had was in 2019 when actor Gary Sinise brought his Lt. Dan Band to one of our squares, Lake Sumter Landing, about 10,000 were there that night, just think the average age was 65.

[Reply]
|Zach| 12:30 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
In Florida where I live the only mass shooting I can remember was the Parkland School shooting in 2018 where 17 were killed.
You mean in your area of Florida where you live? Or are we forgetting about one of the most lethal mass shootings in US history the pulse night club shooting.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:08 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
You mean in your area of Florida where you live? Or are we forgetting about one of the most lethal mass shootings in US history the pulse night club shooting.
Oh noes, you owned him!
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:41 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Oh noes, you owned him!
|Pussy| was probably there that night.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:42 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
People being afraid of sharks is another. You are more likely to die from a vending machine than a shark.
Yeah but the shark scenerio is a lot more hilarious.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:59 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
The ONLY thing to know? Why not more than one thing? Seems like a complex and spontaneous issue that might require knowing more than one thing.
Agreed. I realize that title is more click bait than anything. However, I do trust and respect Tim Larkin. And the guy he has talking about this is apparently well respected, too.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:06 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Spent a lot of time with this stuff at work. Active shooters are a pretty big deal for us especially in schools. I respect people's right to carry and understand the urge for a good guy with a gun to act upon a bad guy with a gun but when cops swarm the area there is no magic sign that says you are a good guy. You are just a guy with a brandished firearm and will be treated as the active shooter until it can be confirmed it is not you. The chaos and confusion that comes with active shooter events makes it very dangerous for an armed person.

No problem with people being armed and understand if you are in that situation being armed to defend yourself but you should have it in your head how poorly that decision can go for you. A lot of times people that try to be John Wayne's make situations police respond to much worse...not only active shooters. Just my experience in communications at a police department.
I'm sure there's some truth to this but it is more about the time it takes police to arrive. Or in the case of Parkville, they were cowardly and did not go into the school for over 10 minutes, well after the shooter had done all his killing and left. Every time, it's a good guy with a gun that stops a bad guy with a gun, whether that's a security guard, police, or an armed citizen.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:06 AM 07-21-2021
Active shooter is just another good reason to carry an UZI.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 09:19 AM 07-21-2021
In Florida where I live the only mass shooting I can remember was the Parkland School shooting in 2018 where 17 were killed. School shooters know that the one place that you can't carry a concealed weapon is on school property, only the school police can have a weapon.

Otherwise in a state with a population of about 20 million, there is about 2 million concealed licenses in the state, and about 17,000 more each month. I've had one for almost ten years and carry my pistol everywhere I go. So, going by those figures if there were about 500 people in a crowd not in a school, about 50 of those people would have a concealed weapon. I believe this one of the reasons we don't see mass shooters fooling around in Florida.

In the retirement community I live, there is a population of 140,000 of which about 20,000 are military veterans and we also have a large number of retired police officers, so our concealed weapon percentages are probably even higher. The only time I really worry is when I go to one of the squares to listen to music with about 1,000 other people, but considering the makeup of the community and the figures I stated, I feel pretty safe that no one is going to really try anything.

The biggest crowd we had was in 2019 when actor Gary Sinise brought his Lt. Dan Band to one of our squares, Lake Sumter Landing, about 10,000 were there that night, just think the average age was 65.

Ummm, Orlando?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 01:04 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
Ummm, Orlando?
Since Pulse was a club that served alcohol, it falls into the same category as the Parkland School, concealed weapons are not allowed in establishments that serve more alcohol than food.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:26 PM 07-21-2021
Since Pulse was a club that served alcohol, it falls into the same category as the Parkland School, concealed weapons are not allowed in establishments that serve more alcohol than food.
To that I say, so what? Unless I'm going someplace where they have metal detectors, wand or otherwise actively search for weapons, I carry. Period. Gun free zones are the dumbest goddamn thing in the history of dumb things.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:39 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Agreed. I realize that title is more click bait than anything. However, I do trust and respect Tim Larkin. And the guy he has talking about this is apparently well respected, too.
The title may be a bit on the click baitish side but, not by much. Yes, every situation is going to be different in some regards. What the title is referring to however, is not the minute details of a gun fight but, rather, the over all proven effectiveness of forcefully engaging the threat as quickly as possible. That is what they are selling, the over all strategy, not the tactics.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up