ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Driving for Uber/Lyft
Reroka 09:38 AM 07-20-2021
Does anyone doe this. I started just so I could pay off some bills and I did not know that I could make 1500 in 30 hours. Not bad money.
[Reply]
Jenson71 07:44 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Reroka:
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate .
I had a relative drive for Uber. He got in a car accident with a passenger and it was his fault. I was under the impression that his own insurance would have to be involved, but I was told by this relative that Uber's insurer took over entirely.

I would assume there's a minimal amount of coverage you need to maintain. If you're driving around with $20k or $25k liability, it might not be sufficient for Uber's requirements and you may have to up it.

I have no idea, but it's something to look into if you haven't already.

My relative liked driving for Uber. He also did Lyft as well. If I recall, he may have preferred Lyft, but I can't remember why.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:39 PM 07-20-2021
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate.
I doubt it..but its a 2011 Hyundai so no big deal.
[Reply]
Reroka 09:09 AM 07-21-2021
I gave Bubba starling a ride to dick's sporting goods last night Here in Cary North Carolina. He is with USA baseball this year. i was able to get a pic with him.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:39 AM 07-21-2021
I gave Bubba starling a ride to dick's sporting goods last night Here in Cary North Carolina. He is with USA baseball this year. i was able to get a pic with him.
I don't think the USA baseball team is going to be very good.
[Reply]
Reroka 01:12 PM 07-22-2021
In the 6 weeks of doing urber/lyft I have made 7500.00 I have been able to pay off my credit cards, and now working on my 2019 chevy equinox that I just bought 3 months ago. I only paid 17,100 for it At the time it had 18k miles on it. Should have it paid off in about 13 weeks.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:25 PM 07-22-2021
In the 6 weeks of doing urber/lyft I have made 7500.00 I have been able to pay off my credit cards, and now working on my 2019 chevy equinox that I just bought 3 months ago. I only paid 17,100 for it At the time it had 18k miles on it. Should have it paid off in about 13 weeks.
That’s awesome!

Do you live in a tourist city like Orlando or Vegas? Seems like it would be easier to make money in cities like that.
[Reply]
Reroka 01:32 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
That’s awesome!

Do you live in a tourist city like Orlando or Vegas? Seems like it would be easier to make money in cities like that.
Raleigh/Durham North Carolina.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:24 PM 07-22-2021
I used to drive in the summers when I was teaching several years back. It's ok as a part time thing, but don't think you can make a living doing it.

You don't get paid as much as you think, getting stuck in traffic is a shift killer, people don't give a fuck about your car, you need separate rideshare insurance through your carrier, and gas/maintenance/depreciation sucks ass.

On top of it all, people suck.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:11 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I used to drive in the summers when I was teaching several years back. It's ok as a part time thing, but don't think you can make a living doing it.

You don't get paid as much as you think, getting stuck in traffic is a shift killer, people don't give a **** about your car, you need separate rideshare insurance through your carrier, and gas/maintenance/depreciation sucks ass.

On top of it all, people suck.
You also have to possess the right personality. Like being a bar tender...
[Reply]
burt 07:49 AM 07-23-2021
I believe I would enjoy driving for uber/lyft. I have the personality and patience. BUT my car, although borderline perfect, would never be allowed. it's 29 years old.
[Reply]
burt 07:51 AM 07-23-2021
Maybe uber eats???

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:54 AM 07-23-2021
You ain't seen nothin till your baby drives a Buick
[Reply]
Reroka 09:24 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
You also have to possess the right personality. Like being a bar tender...
This is key,

I have 700 rides under my belt right now and I have 700 5 star reviews. People say I am a friendly driver, safe driver, I go above and beyond and a clean car.

Plus I offer cold bottles of water for my passengers
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:35 AM 07-23-2021
I think it really depends on the area you're living in. Around here, GrubHub and all the other food delivery services are the way to go.

We have trouble filling the $15-20 dollar an hour office jobs (which is a pretty good wage in this part of the country for the work expected of you) because all those people are just doing GrubHub and making more money. One guy who recently quit here that I've stayed in touch with claims he's making $1,000 a week working fewer than 40 hours. Obviously not taking into account he'll have to pay taxes on that at the end of the year but still pretty solid.

I think that's probably a big reason there's such a workforce shortage on these lower wage traditional jobs. Why work in an office pushing papers or packing cases on pallets when you can drive around and listen to music all day while choosing your own hours? I don't blame the people doing it one bit. Especially the young people who don't care about health insurance and things like that.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:50 AM 07-23-2021
Plus I offer cold bottles of water for my passengers
Not vodka?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up