ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Witt promoted to Omaha (and driving across Nebraska really sucks)
allen_kcCard 09:25 PM 07-18-2021
I saw in my fantasy news feed Witt Jr was promoted to AAA. How long before joining the bigs you all think?
[Reply]
lewdog 05:01 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I'll bet. I assume you went through Vegas and then took I-15 north? I've been on part of that when I drove from St. Louis to L.A.
Exactly right. To Vegas and I-15 up to Missoula. Just beautiful almost the entire way.

3rd time doing that drive in my life. The 3 year old in the backseat made each day a bit longer than previous trips. lol
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:16 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Boring drives I've made multiple times, ranked from totally sucks to mostly sucks:

1. I-70 through Kansas (see earlier post). At least there's not much traffic.

2. I-70 through Eastern Colorado (see Kansas). Hell, it may actually be a bit worse.

3. I-55 through Illinois. Awful, boring, heavy traffic. Endless road construction during the summer.

4. I-70 through Missouri. Prettier country is the only positive. The road condition is dogshit and the traffic is horrible. I absolutely loathe I-70, and go out of my way to avoid it.

5. I-44 through Missouri. Generally a pretty drive. Road surface is horrible. Also, choked with the dumbest hillbilly fucks on earth endlessly driving slow in the fast lane.

6. I-80 through Iowa. Not nearly as flat and ugly as the others, but the traffic is horrible. Semis everywhere.

7. I-80 through Nebraska. At least you see things to break up the monotony. A good chunk of I-80 follows the Platte River, so there are at least some trees. Not much traffic.

8. I-90 through South Dakota. Mostly awful, until you hit the Black Hills, which are wonderful. High speed limits. Not much traffic.

I've only been in Oklahoma once, long enough to drop a friend off in Tulsa and return to Missouri. It was dark, so I didn't see a thing. However, I-44 turned into glass as soon as I crossed the border, there was no traffic, and I was driving my brand new '05 Mustang, which I'd had for about a week. I enjoyed the shit out of that. Also, I assume Oklahoma looks best when you can't see it.
I-44 in Oklahoma is amazing. I don't mind paying the tolls if it means having a driving surface like that one, there's nothing else like it anywhere I've been.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:36 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I-44 in Oklahoma is amazing. I don't mind paying the tolls if it means having a driving surface like that one, there's nothing else like it anywhere I've been.
The transition was amazing. Suddenly it almost felt like we weren't moving.

That's the best road I've ever driven on in my life. Better than brand new stuff up here.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:41 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I just drove that about 6 mos ago. It is nice.

Don't risk running out of gas though, not much out there but rolling hills...
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:30 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I just drove that about 6 mos ago. It is nice.

Don't risk running out of gas though, not much out there but rolling hills...
The Archway gift shop and rest area in Vinita is really cool and worth a stop, and yes, better gas up too because there ain't shit after that until Claremore.

[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up