ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Witt promoted to Omaha (and driving across Nebraska really sucks)
allen_kcCard 09:25 PM 07-18-2021
I saw in my fantasy news feed Witt Jr was promoted to AAA. How long before joining the bigs you all think?
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:12 PM 07-20-2021
I saw Sugar Ray and the Refreshments at a concert in Lincoln in the late 90s
[Reply]
BWillie 02:28 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
I saw Sugar Ray and the Refreshments at a concert in Lincoln in the late 90s
I ****ed an Indian chick at a bowling alley when I had a 18-under junior golf tournament in North Platte. I think she only ****ed me because she was bored. Nothing to do there, so why not me?

Now that I look back at things, Nebraska actually isn't too bad. Cornfed wimmenz must love me iono. Maybe they can smell the ethanol oozing from my pores.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:34 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I fucked an Indian chick at a bowling alley when I had a 18-under junior golf tournament in North Platte. I think she only fucked me because she was bored. Nothing to do there, so why not me?
Nothing to do there...what the eff? North Platte just happens to be home of the Golden Spike Tower which overlooks the largest rail switching yard in the US!

https://goldenspiketower.com/bailey-yard/
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 02:55 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Halfway between Sidney and Chadron might be the best place to bury bodies.
10 miles south of Gordon.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:02 PM 07-20-2021
The great state of Nebraska begat at least 2/9 of the mod team, so you fuckers should be grateful.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:18 PM 07-20-2021
Okay, but it's still nebraska.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:55 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Okay, but it's still nebraska.
You think you hate us now, wait until you visit.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:37 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I didn't say other geographic options weren't better, but the Flint Hills is objectively beautiful in it's own right.
I don't doubt it. I wasn't trying to imply that it is awful. I just stated that Kansas is an awful drive and Nebraska is like North Kansas and I was essentially pounced on because I didn't stand in awe of the majesty that is the Flint Hills.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 08:42 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Someone hasnt been to Lincoln on game day
Lincoln on game day is a great time. Did it twice as a Mizzou fan and I had a really awesome experience.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:53 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Taking US 80 across Wyoming from Utah you actually go up quite a bit in elevation, but never know it because the landscape rarely changes. You even cross the continental divide and wouldn't realize it if there was no sign for it.
Hmm.... I've made that drive going west, and there was a sign indicating we were crossing the divide. That was over 20 years ago, though. I assume somebody stole it and nobody noticed or gave enough of a shit to replace it.

Some general thoughts on driving:

Worst drive I've made is I-70 between Topeka and Denver.
Worst traffic is Washington DC, followed closely by New York City and Atlanta.
Most confusing place to drive is Boston.
Worst drivers are in California.
Suggested new state slogan for Nebraska - Better Than Kansas! They should put it on license plates.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:47 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You think you hate us now, wait until you visit.
Concordia KS has a Nazi Prison Camp, so they've got that going for them.
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:07 AM 07-21-2021
just bought tix to friday's game and to the zoo saturday
[Reply]
Otter 11:13 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Hmm.... I've made that drive going west, and there was a sign indicating we were crossing the divide. That was over 20 years ago, though. I assume somebody stole it and nobody noticed or gave enough of a shit to replace it.

Suggested new state slogan for Nebraska - Better Than Kansas! They should put it on license plates.
Worst traffic I've ever encountered was NYC and STL. I think that's what sparked me to move to bum fuck nowhere.

Drove through Kansas when I moved out to Colorado and I'll take empty and flat (high school girlfriend I haven't thought of in awhile) over chaos any day of the week.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:50 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Worst traffic I've ever encountered was NYC and STL. I think that's what sparked me to move to bum fuck nowhere.

Drove through Kansas when I moved out to Colorado and I'll take empty and flat (high school girlfriend I haven't thought of in awhile) over chaos any day of the week.
Atlanta was just nuts. We were staying at a hotel near the ballpark (the wife is a huge Braves fan) and I wanted to visit Stone Mountain (before it eventually gets sandblasted). It was about a 20 mile drive, on I-285 and U.S. Highway 78, which is four lanes, on a Saturday. Should have plenty of time, I foolishly thought. But the entire drive, there and back, was like Monday morning rush hour in Chicago. Because we had tickets to the game that night, we could only stay in Stone Mountain for about half an hour before having to go back. Ended up being stuck in shitty traffic for nearly four hours. I thought I was going to have a psychotic break. And this was with no construction and no accidents that I saw. On a fucking Saturday.

I'll never drive in that area again. The next time we went down we took a cab from the airport to the Omni Hotel by the ballpark and just walked everywhere.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:52 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Better than Kansas? :-) That's debatable...maybe comparable to?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up