ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Road trip #1
displacedinMN 06:51 PM 07-17-2021
I bought my wife a convertible beetle. But it is in Tucson. I am flying down Tuesday and driving it back to Mpls.

Coming home through Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, KC, DSM and home. All to avoid two lanes.

Any reason to go through SW KS on two lane than my route?

I wil miss Wakita, OK by a few miles. But I am not visiting the Twister Museum in a bug and not my truck. (Red four door Ram)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:08 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Why did I get a convertible?

/most people who bought a convertible a month after getting a convertible

[Reply]
burt 08:13 AM 07-19-2021
Why did I get a convertible?

/most people who bought a convertible a month after getting a convertible
Wrong. I have had 3 convertible's. Wish I had one now. I WILL have another.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:43 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Wrong. I have had 3 convertible's. Wish I had one now. I WILL have another.
I said most people. There's always an exception.
They look good, but most regret it or end up never actually taking the top down, which is the reason they bought it in the first place.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:04 AM 07-19-2021
I said most people. There's always an exception.
They look good, but most regret it or end up never actually taking the top down, which is the reason they bought it in the first place.

:-)

That's a twisted little world your mind lives in.

Most people who buy a convertible never take the top down? :-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:25 AM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

That's a twisted little world your mind lives in.

Most people who buy a convertible never take the top down? :-)
After a while, yes. It's either a pain in the ass, or they realize it's too hot or too cold or too windy...

Just going off of the 20 or so people I've known who have bought one. But there is a chance that they are the only ones on earth who had any regret.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:15 PM 07-19-2021
After a while, yes. It's either a pain in the ass, or they realize it's too hot or too cold or too windy...

Just going off of the 20 or so people I've known who have bought one. But there is a chance that they are the only ones on earth who had any regret.
We convertible owners are swarming you like killer bees.

I don't have a car now, but I've owned four different convertibles among the six cars that have been my daily drivers over the years. Convertibles are awesome.

The only time they're not awesome is on long highway trips, because the road noise is too loud. But I seldom did that, or if we did it usually happened in my wife's car. And the last convertible I owned was a retractable hardtop, which gave me the best of both worlds.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:38 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I bought my wife a convertible beetle. But it is in Tucson. I am flying down Tuesday and driving it back to Mpls.

Coming home through Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, KC, DSM and home. All to avoid two lanes.

Any reason to go through SW KS on two lane than my route?

I wil miss Wakita, OK by a few miles. But I am not visiting the Twister Museum in a bug and not my truck. (Red four door Ram)
We drove out that way last summer from Wichita to Kenton, OK. Which is about a mile from NM and stayed at a cabin for the Dark Skies star viewing.

The traffic is non-existent and plenty of places to pass. It's damn pretty down around there and into NM.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:05 PM 07-21-2021
update-
First flight into Tuscon cancelled.
Got in late Tuesday.
Bought car Wednesday. It looks good. Minor body issue. Typical for a 7 year old car.
Good price. Runs well.

Headed out. Decided to go through Las Crusas and White Sands. I do like the fact that 2 lane roads in NM are 65!!

I am in Santa Rosa, NM. Ready to get some sleep. KC tomorrow.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:47 AM 07-22-2021
Have a safe trip
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:02 AM 07-24-2021
Texas has big rest stops on 40/66
I 35 from KC to Emporia sucks. Too rough.
Miss being in KC
I had three slow downs in 1800 miles. Two in Minneapolis.

all safe at home. Happy wife. Tired me.

This heat sucks.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:16 AM 07-24-2021
Takes a real man to drive a Bug across the country.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:57 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Takes a real man to drive a Bug across the country.
I felt a little funny in Tex and Ok when a big truck drove by. Got out of Ariz and NM in time. Sounds like rain there. But they need it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up