ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Arrowhead sign removed from the stadium
BigRedChief 10:17 PM 07-16-2021
The Arrowhead sign that everyone takes a picture with from the parking lot has been removed from the top of the stadium.

They are putting up some GHEA sign?
Attached: B292CF3B-9017-4559-9A06-CC0690819055.jpeg (96.5 KB) F642E410-B29F-48E1-BA3F-99FCC96FD6D3.jpeg (93.8 KB) 4ACA9DAE-834C-4A83-80E2-AFE2616C3338.jpg (32.0 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:31 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
#Chiefs President Mark Donovan says the Horse Warpaint will no longer run at Arrowhead Stadium.
GEHA
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:33 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
#Chiefs President Mark Donovan says the Horse Warpaint will no longer run at Arrowhead Stadium.

Last season, the team prohibited Native American headdresses, war paint and a push to change to a closed fist to the ‘Tomahawk Chop
Youll notice the CHOP didn't go anywhere tho.
[Reply]
Spott 11:35 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Youll notice the CHOP didn't go anywhere tho.
And Tittymeat was the only one that participated in fisting.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:36 AM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
And Tittymeat was the only one that participated in fisting.
:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:39 AM 07-26-2021
I guess I don't get the point of keeping the name Chiefs if you can't associate it with Native American imagery.

What would Chiefs branded merchandise look like, some collage of fire, police, and chief executive officers mean mugging? Just the word Chiefs?
[Reply]
Dayze 11:47 AM 07-26-2021
Chiefs won a SB in my lifetime as the Chiefs.
If they change their name now, so be it.

with Cleveland BB team, and Washington dealing with it.....it's not long before the Chiefs are on-deck for the professional outrage / crusade.
[Reply]
oldman 02:59 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I guess I don't get the point of keeping the name Chiefs if you can't associate it with Native American imagery.
The team was named after H. Roe Bartle, aka The Chief.

I'm not too upset about the sign since I doubt it'll be there forever. How many names has Sandstone had? Even the soccer stadium has changed names a few times. Do you call the Denver stadium Invesco Field or Mile High? Only professional announcers can get that mouthful out in under 30 seconds. It's Arrowhead and they can call the playing surface whatever they want. Gracie needs a new pair of shoes!!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:08 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
The team was named after H. Roe Bartle, aka The Chief
No one outside of the Chiefs and their fans know anything about the origin of the name.

The pressure will come from other places and telling them about Bartle and the origin wont matter.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:09 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
The team was named after H. Roe Bartle, aka The Chief.

I'm not too upset about the sign since I doubt it'll be there forever. How many names has Sandstone had? Even the soccer stadium has changed names a few times. Do you call the Denver stadium Invesco Field or Mile High? Only professional announcers can get that mouthful out in under 30 seconds. It's Arrowhead and they can call the playing surface whatever they want. Gracie needs a new pair of shoes!!
Right, I get that. I guess I'm more curious how you brand the word Chiefs without any imagery, or what acceptable imagery for a man (Bartle) or a position of employment may look like, or if it even matters.

I mostly don't care, just curious what stripping away the imagery to just the word Chiefs looks like. I get that arrowheads were used by other groups, it just seems like dancing around the inevitable which is a) the groups behind this don't care and b) we've associated with Native American imagery since our inception and now all of a sudden we're pivoting to encompass whatever other groups used arrowheads, which seems obviously disingenuous. Like are we trying to do the right thing or just doing what we can to sustain the brand?
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:17 PM 07-26-2021
Like maybe "Chiefs" over the sad looking Bartle Hall silhouette?
[Reply]
stevieray 03:28 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
There is no point. That is the eventual outcome.

We like to pretend how sensitive we are in the NFL's overblown matriarchal bs.

I've always found it ironic, considering Jim Thorpe was the first NFL commish and wore full garb to PROMOTE the league.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:36 PM 07-26-2021
Society needs to kill off this cancel culture bullshit

it had it's run, now let it go

everyone is offended by something
[Reply]
Spott 07:30 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Society needs to kill off this cancel culture bullshit

it had it's run, now let it go

everyone is offended by something
It makes no sense catering to these pansies that get offended by everything. They aren’t the types that watch football and aren’t going to start just because a team changes their name.
[Reply]
flinchfree 07:57 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
It makes no sense catering to these pansies that get offended by everything. They aren’t the types that watch football and aren’t going to start just because a team changes their name.
LOL.

The last people to know that THEY are actually the minority on the sinking ship yelling But But But gurgle gurgle.

Football has an ever re-newing demographic which overwhelmingly takes it's majority views from the contemporaneous societal one. Being a dick to others just isn't a pass any longer. It's been a steady change of messaging that just aint coming back, regardless of how much you enjoyed it.
People 40 and under have very different relationships to eachother and expectations of behavior to the redneck fossils on this forum.

Being butthurt on here does nothing to change that.
Enjoy the game itself and the fact your team and it's colors are having a successful period, or stick to cornhole.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:15 PM 07-26-2021
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
LOL.

The last people to know that THEY are actually the minority on the sinking ship yelling But But But gurgle gurgle.

Football has an ever re-newing demographic which overwhelmingly takes it's majority views from the contemporaneous societal one. Being a dick to others just isn't a pass any longer. It's been a steady change of messaging that just aint coming back, regardless of how much you enjoyed it.
People 40 and under have very different relationships to eachother and expectations of behavior to the redneck fossils on this forum.

Being butthurt on here does nothing to change that.
Enjoy the game itself and the fact your team and it's colors are having a successful period, or stick to cornhole.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up