ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 28
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Media Center>Loki Trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:33 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
listopencil 02:23 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Right, but my understanding is that the TVA exists outside of that (or any) timestream, and is therefore not part of it.

This is verging on speculation on my part, but if the TVA really exists outside of time, then there wouldn't be real linear time there. There would be no before or after. The experience of linear time within the TVA would have to be artificial, or an illusion. And if there isn't really any before, you can change the past, because it's not really the past. Mobius did say time works differently in the TVA.
OK, I get you. In the TVA there would be no branching but rather a more conventional timeline with malleable cause and effect.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:51 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Also.....

Spoiler!
I feel there are infinite TVA's along with the infinite multiverses (or at least a set number of TVA's after the first multiversal war), and the job of the TVA is to keep new multiverses spawning out of "their" specific reality and not adding to the mix, whether they knew that was their job or not. Part of the cease fire agreement between the various Kang's, maybe?
https://youtu.be/d07-XCIpBVQ

BUT -

[Reply]
Valiant 09:53 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The timeline was shown as branching at the end though. That an MCU hallmark. The idea that nexus events create alternate universes rather than having one time stream that gets reshaped.
I think the rules apply. But the Tva zaps them to correct them and creates the variants.

The ending starts the multiverse war. I assume dr strange finds him in another universe and brings him back in spiderman or dr strange movie.

He comes into help later on.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:40 PM 07-17-2021
This finale has aged like wine for me. It felt like some of my favorite Q episodes from TNG. Can't wait to see Spider-man in December.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 AM 07-22-2021
After Loki scored the best series premiere for Disney+ and the Marvel Cinematic Universe over five days with 2.5 million households, Samba TV reported Monday that the trickster’s season finale — Episode 6, “For All Time. Always” — pulled in 1.9 million U.S. households from July 14-18.

That beats both the season finales of Disney+/Marvel’s WandaVision (1.4M U.S. HHs in its first five days) and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (1.7M U.S. HHs).
Loki‘s season finale also repped a five-day high in the UK (300K HHs), Germany (96K HHs) and Australia (12K HHs) for a Disney+/MCU series, outstripping the Season 1 endings of WandaVision (UK 209K, Germany 42K, Australia 7K) and Falcon and the Winter Soldier (UK 254K, Germany 78K, Australia 10K) measured over their respective series.

Samba TV also reports that the Loki season-finale audience skewed younger (54 and younger) and Caucasian (+5%). Of the top 25 largest DMAs in the U.S., Portland, OR over-indexed the most (+44%), followed by Seattle (+18%) and Phoenix (+10%). In the UK, the South East over-indexed the most (+21%), followed by Wales (+12%). And in Germany, Schleswig-Holstein over-indexed the most (+18%), followed by Berlin (+17%) for Loki.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:40 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I think the rules apply. But the Tva zaps them to correct them and creates the variants.

The ending starts the multiverse war. I assume dr strange finds him in another universe and brings him back in spiderman or dr strange movie.

IMO, that's why Spider-Man No Way Home will be a 2 part movie concluding with Sam Raimi's Dr Strange into the Multiverse.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:00 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:

He Who Remains said "See you again soon!" just before Sylvie killed him (which also makes me think he was lying when he said that he didn't know what comes next), so the universe, or multiverse, is on an infinite time loop.

I guess this time will be different...?
[Reply]
listopencil 04:19 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He Who Remains said "See you again soon!" just before Sylvie killed him (which also makes me think he was lying when he said that he didn't know what comes next), so the universe, or multiverse, is on an infinite time loop.

I took that to mean that another version of Him would just take his place.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:20 PM 07-23-2021
Just watched the entirety of Loki this week. I have to say, my initial reaction is that it's one of my favorite Marvel productions in the last few years, including movies.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:24 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I took that to mean that another version of Him would just take his place.
If time is a flat circle, everything is destined to repeat, which is what I took from that line.

:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:26 PM 07-23-2021
FYI, Avengers Assembled: Loki is now available for streaming.

It's a nice look at the production, with Tom Hiddleston narrating most of the 64 minute episode.

I don't think it was as insightful as the AA: WandaVision episode but I'd say it's a must for all fans of Loki the character.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:15 PM 07-25-2021

Hope you’re Havin’ a nice day! #MissMinutes pic.twitter.com/fg7XRpXgtG

— tara strong (@tarastrong) July 25, 2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:23 PM 07-30-2021

#Loki's director has confirmed that the spaceship which briefly appears in the series finale is one that #MCU fans should recognize: "It's been in a few things." Full quote: https://t.co/86Vxt5TbPb pic.twitter.com/zApOOyJatS

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) July 31, 2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:22 PM 08-12-2021

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:54 AM 08-15-2021
First of all, this show was fucking awesome. I put off watching it for so long because I was never very interested in Loki as a character, but he was great, as was Owen Wilson as Möbius. I'm mad I took so long to give it a go.

Originally Posted by Graystoke:
That was a great episode. A little touchy feely with the Loki in love with Loki shit, but enjoyable.
I don't think we have seen the end of Classic Loki (swallowed up by the Alioth). They made a pretty big point about his God like powers, and he is a Loki after all, so he may have some tricks up his sleeve.
That dude was badass. His conjuring of Asgard was epic.

All of the Loki variants were pretty interesting. The alligator was good for a couple laughs and kid Loki killed his Thor.

Also, I wouldn't doubt if old Loki came back either. He originally said he conjured up a clone of himself so perfect that it tricked Thanos. I wouldn't doubt he just did the same thing to the storm monster.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I believe they said he was "at the end of time" so I believed that he didn't know what would happen next at a certain point. Why live through a million lifetimes trying to do the right thing only to say fuck it and yeet reality into the dumpster at the very end?

Time is a weird thing too, though, so you may be right. When he was telling them about himself, he mentioned that he was a scientist from Earth in the year 3,000-something, which obviously hasn't happened yet for our Loki. Yet there he was. So maybe time is a flat circle or maybe it's a river that's already run its course..?

Either way, he seemed to have a good idea what would come next if he was killed. He'd already fought the wars with his alternate selves and presumably culled the herd or somehow held them back. Once he was gone, there'd be nothing to stop them.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 28
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up