ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 190
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:01 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You seen how Bron has played so far? They are only the 7th seed because he and AD were injured for several months
LeBron is banged up, AD is inconsistent also constantly getting hurt, and they don't look good..

Anything can happen of course. if I could predict sports like that I'd just be in Vegas gambling instead of working but I doubt they make it to finals this year. Just too much stacked against them.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:02 PM 05-26-2021
Awesome to see the Garden full of fans
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:38 PM 05-26-2021

I’m loving playoff Ja!
[Reply]
BWillie 09:38 AM 05-27-2021
If LeBron wins a title this year, I will officially put him in front of Jordan. Right now I have them tied or Jordan ahead, but only by a little bit.

It's unfortunate, though. LeBron is not the peoples champ. He chose to be a divisive diva. He could have been so much more. Imagine if his persona was like Patrick Mahomes?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If LeBron wins a title this year, I will officially put him in front of Jordan. Right now I have them tied or Jordan ahead, but only by a little bit.

It's unfortunate, though. LeBron is not the peoples champ. He chose to be a divisive diva. He could have been so much more. Imagine if his persona was like Patrick Mahomes?
:-)

This doesn’t surprise me at all considering your football takes.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:49 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
LeBron is banged up, AD is inconsistent also constantly getting hurt, and they don't look good..

Anything can happen of course. if I could predict sports like that I'd just be in Vegas gambling instead of working but I doubt they make it to finals this year. Just too much stacked against them.
All that matters is they're in the playoffs. Both are healthy now.

They have the 2 best players in the NBA. How are the odds stacked against them? :-)

They should be the favorites in the West.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:19 AM 05-27-2021
Philly Fans keeping it classy I see.

Russell Westbrook appeared to have popcorn poured on his head by a fan on his way to the locker room with an apparent injury.

The fan was ejected from the game. pic.twitter.com/WgtvKMFYHH

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 27, 2021

[Reply]
BWillie 10:52 AM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

This doesn’t surprise me at all considering your football takes.
Is the surprising part that I don't already have him ahead of Jordan or that I only have Jordan ahead of LeBron by a little bit right now? I don't understand.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:56 AM 05-27-2021
Is the surprising part that I don't already have him ahead of Jordan or that I only have Jordan ahead of LeBron by a little bit right now? I don't understand.
1. The latter

2. Also that you would put Lebron ahead if they win it this year.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:50 PM 05-27-2021
Miami is just horrible. Worst team to make a final in my lifetime. Even with it being an asterisk one, there is still no excuse.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:00 PM 05-27-2021

He’s arguably been in front of MJ since the 3-1 comeback to the 73 win Warriors (MJ never had a signature series win over a team anywhere near as good as that one). Last year’s title was only icing on the cake to go with the rest of his individual records.

Don’t think they’ll be winning anything this year, though, for many reasons. One of them is that LeBron legitimately seems to be playing at about 50%. He can’t drive to the basket right now and has no lift at all. Definitely the worst I’ve ever seen him look in the playoffs.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:02 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Miami is just horrible. Worst team to make a final in my lifetime. Even with it being an asterisk one, there is still no excuse.
Jimmy Butler played absolutely out of his mind in that series and they still had no shot against a pretty mediocre Lakers team (AD didn’t even show up in the Finals). Yeah, there’s a fair argument that they are worst team to make the Finals in a long time.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:48 PM 05-27-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
All that matters is they're in the playoffs. Both are healthy now.

They have the 2 best players in the NBA. How are the odds stacked against them? :-)

They should be the favorites in the West.
AD is not the 2nd best player in the league. Lol..

Oh I hope they do make it out of the West so the Nets can embarrass them.
[Reply]
Sorry 10:10 AM 05-28-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No, they don't look good, at all. A big part of that is the fact that LeBron and AD have missed so many games this season that there's just not much chemistry on the court.

I guess the question now is whether or not they can get it together in time to avoid elimination. If Chris Paul remains injured throughout the series, the Lakers have a much better chance of moving on to the next round but if he plays, all bets are off, IMO.
Lakers are fine against the suns with or without Chris Paul. I’ll even give the suns one more game at most. Like I was alluding to when talking about game one, if the lakers play a little bit like their normal self and hit their threes/free throws at a slightly higher clip.. they’d be looking at a 4-0 sweep. Lebron never goes hard in a game one esp if he doesn’t feel like he can win it, it’s why he has such a ridiculous w/l stat when he losses game one and then wins the next one.

The only teams that are worrisome is the nets (hard to imagine they don’t beat us in 6) or the mavs - I really like their spunk-
[Reply]
BWillie 10:25 AM 05-28-2021
I can't come to terms with the fact that either the Hawks or the Knicks are going to advance into the next round of the NBA Playoffs.

Maybe it's finally the Bucks year?

All I know is that if Jokic and the Nuggets win it all I'm going to kill myself. It's Joel Embiid's time.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 190
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up