ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 181 of 190
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:50 AM 07-21-2021
CP3 has lost four playoff series he was up 2-0 in, :-)

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:23 AM 07-21-2021
Chicom scum bron reign is over.

Back to real basketball.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:27 AM 07-21-2021
Space Jam 3: The Newest Legacy starring Giannis Antetokounmpo

In theaters summer 2030!
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:31 AM 07-21-2021
That was a fun series. Congrats to Milwaukee.
Fun to see all those fans going nuts
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:48 AM 07-21-2021
The awesome thing about the Bucks (aside from the fact that they're my home team) is they did this the old fashioned way. Giannis and Middleton have grown up here and developed into stars. Their rookie year the Bucks went 15-67. They know the pain of failure. There was no BS super team garbage. They actually built this from the ground up, just like the Chiefs did. Started off as nothing and built themselves into champions against all odds. Makes it so much more meaningful. They were so close the last few years and finally broke through. It seems so much more real that way.

It once again just comes down to ownership. Once Hunt decided the Chiefs were going to be an elite NFL franchise, he made it happen. Same with ownership in Milwaukee. They spared no expense and built a culture consisting of nothing but winning at every level. Funny how that works.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:06 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
The awesome thing about the Bucks (aside from the fact that they're my home team) is they did this the old fashioned way. Giannis and Middleton have grown up here and developed into stars. Their rookie year the Bucks went 15-67. They know the pain of failure. There was no BS super team garbage. They actually built this from the ground up, just like the Chiefs did. Started off as nothing and built themselves into champions against all odds. Makes it so much more meaningful. They were so close the last few years and finally broke through. It seems so much more real that way.

It once again just comes down to ownership. Once Hunt decided the Chiefs were going to be an elite NFL franchise, he made it happen. Same with ownership in Milwaukee. They spared no expense and built a culture consisting of nothing but winning at every level. Funny how that works.

They remind me a little of the Spurs. No surprise with coach Bud.
Giannis is a little like Robinson and Duncan too. Low key, Home grown superstar who could have left but decided to stay and truly build his own legacy.

Congrats to the Bucks!
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:13 AM 07-21-2021

I also love that Giannis did it the old fashioned way and was a man taking the ball to the rack as opposed to shooting a shit ton of 3's. Loved every minute of the finals. Obviously some differences but dominated in a way I haven't seen since Shaq.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:59 AM 07-21-2021

They certainly revamped their roster from 2019. I believe Giannis, Middleton, and Lopez are the only players remaining from that year.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:07 AM 07-21-2021
Congrats to the Milwaukee Bukkakes:

God Bless the USA pic.twitter.com/JX56iqHSNl

— DJ-KIMchi 🍥 (@djjkim) March 3, 2021

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:16 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
They certainly revamped their roster from 2019. I believe Giannis, Middleton, and Lopez are the only players remaining from that year.
They knew they had to get a legit #3 as well as focus more on their top 8 or 9 guys rather than worrying so much about being 12 deep. They also knew they needed to add some grungy guys like Tucker and Portis to add a little edge and nastiness. They weeded the guys out that didn't produce when it mattered most. Very much like the Chiefs when they knew they had to tear apart their defense and won it all the very next year. You have to be willing to go balls deep and just make it happen.

One thing KC and the Bucks have shown me is that teams that constantly underachieve (like the Packers) mostly do so because they're content just being good and collecting their fans' money. They'd rather do that than risk anything or spend the extra dough. When you're right on the brink of being great it is entirely possible to take the next step if you truly have people at the top committed to excellence who spare no expense.

Hunt and the Bucks ownership group are as good as they come.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:13 AM 07-21-2021

Congrats on the win. Really like how they did it the old fashioned way especially for a small market team.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:43 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Congrats on the win. Really like how they did it the old fashioned way especially for a smart market team.
A lot of people will say they never would have beaten the Nets if they were at full strength, and that very well might be true. I'll still take it. The stars aligned and they got it done.

Quite frankly, I was just thrilled to see a finals where two teams who actually built something from the ground up in a small market get a shot to be in the spotlight, rather than just another LeBron vs *Insert other superteam here* yet again. One of them being the Bucks was even better. Very refreshing.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:19 AM 07-21-2021
A lot of people will say they never would have beaten the Nets if they were at full strength, and that very well might be true. I'll still take it. The stars aligned and they got it done.

Quite frankly, I was just thrilled to see a finals where two teams who actually built something from the ground up in a small market get a shot to be in the spotlight, rather than just another LeBron Superteam vs *Insert other superteam here* yet again. One of them being the Bucks was even better. Very refreshing.
FYP Except last years Miami team was shit. Probably the worst team to ever make a finals.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:37 AM 07-21-2021
This was the best playoff series in ages. Tell me I'm wrong. Maybe we should stop the madness that sports are better with the same players and teams winning all the time.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:06 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This was the best playoff series in ages. Tell me I'm wrong. Maybe we should stop the madness that sports are better with the same players and teams winning all the time.
*except for the Chiefs
[Reply]
Page 181 of 190
« First < 81131171177178179180181 182183184185 > Last »
Up