ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 190
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:51 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
No.

You're literally as bad as the people who'd bring up Alex Smith in every single fucking thread that wasn't about him.

You're on the levels of Clay from 2014-2016, except with LeBron.
Cry more.

Everything I’ve posted has started with a response to KCC.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:54 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Cry more.

Everything I’ve posted has started with a response to KCC.
KCC is just as culpable as you are.

It's getting tiresome as shit.

I'll change the discussion then with these points:

When we reflect on this era of NBA lore, we'll view Kawhi's season with the Raptors as the greatest rental trade in NBA history.

There have been 3 dynasties since 2000 in the NBA: Lakers, Spurs, Warriors. No more. No less.

The Celtics lore with KG, Pierce, and Allen is overrated as fuck.

Sacramento's streak of shit is comparable to the Browns before last season.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:56 PM 06-26-2021

When we reflect on this era of NBA lore, we'll view Kawhi's season with the Raptors as the greatest rental trade in NBA history.
I don’t think anybody would disagree with that at all.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:57 PM 06-26-2021
I think it has an argument for the greatest trade in NBA history period given the results. They got Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green, a Finals MVP and another starter on a championship team, for an overrated volume scorer (DeRozan) and a good defensive big prospect (Poeltl). That's pretty hard to top.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:58 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t think anybody would disagree with that at all.
I added some stuff to that, too.

It honestly might be the greatest rental trade in the history of all professional sports. I can't even think of a NBA trade that comes close to that in the past 10 years.
[Reply]
eDave 01:00 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:

[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:00 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I think it has an argument for the greatest trade in NBA history period given the results. They got Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green, a Finals MVP and another starter on a championship team, for an overrated volume scorer (DeRozan) and a good defensive big prospect (Poeltl). That's pretty hard to top.
He wasn't the same level of player as Kawhi, but was pretty damn instrumental in their success, including a ring, but the Rasheed Wallace trade was pretty damn good in its own right.

Too soon to tell, but KG and Pierce going to Brooklyn for what ended up being a #1 pick that was flipped to #3 and got Tatum might be up there one day.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:28 PM 06-26-2021
He wasn't the same level of player as Kawhi, but was pretty damn instrumental in their success, including a ring, but the Rasheed Wallace trade was pretty damn good in its own right.

Too soon to tell, but KG and Pierce going to Brooklyn for what ended up being a #1 pick that was flipped to #3 and got Tatum might be up there one day.

Will never forget Bill Simmons nearly crying on TV during the draft when that happened (a trade that was obviously a boon for the Celtics when it happened and has become even better over time).
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:33 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just a friendly ****ing reminder, here -
Man, I wonder what Baby Lee/BEP/etc. did to earn their banishments to DC?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:36 PM 06-26-2021

There have been 3 dynasties since 2000 in the NBA: Lakers, Spurs, Warriors. No more. No less.

The Celtics lore with KG, Pierce, and Allen is overrated as ****.

Insanely great trade. Wish Toronto could have kept Kawhi.

Sacramento always seems to draft the wrong guy. They may have hit with Fox and Haliburton, but their picks over the past 25 years or so should be set to Yakity Sax.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:40 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Kobi for Divac was pretty good as well.

Barkley for Hornacek, Perry, and Lang was insane.

Novitski for Tractor Traylor (RIP)?

Hell, the bag of flaming poo that Sam Presti got for James Harden might be comparatively embarrassing.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:43 PM 06-26-2021

The Celtics lore with KG, Pierce, and Allen is overrated as fuck.

Man, I'm a Minnesota Timberwolves fan. I'd kill to have the Sacramento Kings' legacy of losing to Kobe and Shaq in the finals.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:05 PM 06-26-2021
Jesus ****ing Christ, can every single ****ing basketball thread quit turning into bashing LeBron or debating MJ vs LeBron?
I'll go out on a limb and try and answer your question in a thoughtful and nuanced manner.

No.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:07 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Man, I'm a Minnesota Timberwolves fan. I'd kill to have the Sacramento Kings' legacy of losing to Kobe and Shaq in the finals.
I am too and I'd take the Wolves' drafts over Sacramento's. That being said, including this year's first in the DLO trade was one of the dumbest things I've seen. Not sure how the Min press is letting Rosas say ANYTHING without asking about that trade.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:02 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Kobi for Divac was pretty good as well.

Barkley for Hornacek, Perry, and Lang was insane.

Novitski for Tractor Traylor (RIP)?

Hell, the bag of flaming poo that Sam Presti got for James Harden might be comparatively embarrassing.
Some trades would certainly be better in terms of cumulative value but it’s hard to top that result.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 190
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Up