ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 190
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:34 PM 06-16-2021
Embiid has always been a bit of a choker in the playoffs. He completely no showed against Gasol two years ago.

But Tobias Harris can’t go 2 for 11 for 4 points on that contract. That’s the kind of game that gets you traded (and gets you fired if you’re Doc Rivers).
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:37 PM 06-16-2021
If Simmons could have hit his FT’s they would have won by double digits. He is probably gone after they lose this series
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:39 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Choke job, and have to wonder if Embiid hurt his other knee on that fall
The bigger problem is probably the bench. They're not only doing nothing without embiid, they're shitting away leads at breakneck speed. Thought doc used embiids minutes recklessly last game. This week he had no choice but to rush him back in.

The body language doesn't help either. Tobias Harris looked like he didn't want to take a late shot. Players don't trust doc to close games.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:41 PM 06-16-2021
Jazz/clips game is a 3 pt shooting contest. Fun game so far
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:01 PM 06-16-2021
If the Hawks had a healthy SF (and Bogie wasn’t so damned inconsistent), ATL would run away with this series.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:33 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
If Simmons could have hit his FT’s they would have won by double digits. He is probably gone after they lose this series
For what he gets paid dude is trash
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:15 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Hell, they would've already won the series.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:27 PM 06-16-2021
Can’t get much softer than Utah losing the past few games. They can’t even stop the Clippers without Kawhi.
[Reply]
Sorry 10:38 PM 06-16-2021
How tf was that a foul lol
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:39 PM 06-16-2021
Mitchell and Gobert getting outplayed by Reggie Jackson in the biggest game of their lives.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:06 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
I've never been one to question someone's "effort" (like everyone sitting on their couch loves to do), but to be so bad at shooting that you won't even attempt a shot is unheard of. Its not instinctual, its one of the few sports skills that can be developed to a good level with practice.
That's why I love Ben Simmons. He knows he can't shoot. It isn't because he's not practicing it or trying it enough. Alot of guys, especially in this day and age where you are expected to shoot outside, just chuck it regardless of if they can shoot or not. The great thing about Ben is he knows who he is and doesn't hurt his team in the process. Yeah, it's annoying he can't make FTs, but some guys just can't do it efficiently. It's just not in their DNA.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:14 AM 06-17-2021
The problem there is his contract. You can't have a 0-and-D guy making max money.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:15 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That's why I love Ben Simmons. He knows he can't shoot. It isn't because he's not practicing it or trying it enough. Alot of guys, especially in this day and age where you are expected to shoot outside, just chuck it regardless of if they can shoot or not. The great thing about Ben is he knows who he is and doesn't hurt his team in the process. Yeah, it's annoying he can't make FTs, but some guys just can't do it efficiently. It's just not in their DNA.
Umm he definitely hurts his team by not being able to shoot the ball or hit a basic FT. He is just a waste of space.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:28 AM 06-17-2021
I was a huge fan of Ben Wallace. Loved watching him play defense. But I also recognize that in today's game you'd need to get creative and work around his shortcomings as a scorer. He wasn't brutish enough to dominate at the rim like Shaq was, so his awful free throw percentage mattered way more than Shaq's.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I was a huge fan of Ben Wallace. Loved watching him play defense. But I also recognize that in today's game you'd need to get creative and work around his shortcomings as a scorer. He wasn't brutish enough to dominate at the rim like Shaq was, so his awful free throw percentage mattered way more than Shaq's.
Ben Wallace was a badass motherfucker.

Remember when Artest wanted absolutely nothing to do with him before the Malice at the Palace?
[Reply]
Page 106 of 190
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156 > Last »
Up