ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3592 of 3903
« First < 2592309234923542358235883589359035913592 3593359435953596360236423692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:48 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

This to me is the only chart that really matters - at least for anyone still on the fence about vaccination. Even with Delta you're 25x more likely to be hospitalized or die if unvaccinated.
Considering studies have shown that prior COVID infection provides similar protection from COVID as the vaccines, I'm wondering what these charts look like with a third column for those who have already had COVID.
[Reply]
O.city 07:17 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Considering studies have shown that prior COVID infection provides similar protection from COVID as the vaccines, I'm wondering what these charts look like with a third column for those who have already had COVID.
Pretty similar I’d imagine. Natural infection has shown to be pretty sturdy.

Also have to get infected though.

You’d also have to base it on how much of an immune response you had the first time
[Reply]
O.city 07:18 AM 07-30-2021
Delta is showing to be much more virulent as well for 30-60 year old range. Hospitalizations for those age groups have skyrocketed if you have no previous immunity.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:26 AM 07-30-2021
Be careful with this guy - he always has the most extreme alarmist take on everything. I stopped following him.
Gotcha. Had no idea.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:32 AM 07-30-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Pretty similar I’d imagine. Natural infection has shown to be pretty sturdy.

Also have to get infected though.

You’d also have to base it on how much of an immune response you had the first time
That last bit isn't actually true. Even mild cases are showing strong immunity.

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/

I don't believe I ever had COVID, and am glad my wife and I got vaxxed.

ETA: we need the vaxxed population plus the unvaxxed, but prior infected, population to see where we are really at in regards to herd immunity.
[Reply]
O.city 07:42 AM 07-30-2021
That last bit isn't actually true. Even mild cases are showing strong immunity.

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/

I don't believe I ever had COVID, and am glad my wife and I got vaxxed.

ETA: we need the vaxxed population plus the unvaxxed, but prior infected, population to see where we are really at in regards to herd immunity.
If you had a symptomatic response to covid, it’ll likely you have atleast some immunity, likely strong sterilizing. The asymptomatic cases would be the ones im referring to.
[Reply]
O.city 07:46 AM 07-30-2021
They’re also talking about plasmoblasts, or memory B cells which are essentially antibody factories and are gonna be found in lymph cells thru your body. The vaccines produce those as well, which is ideal

It’s also why the whole “antibodies are waning, we’re in trouble” rhetoric is wrong. They always do. No matter how you get immunity. It’s normal and doesn’t mean you aren’t immune.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:51 AM 07-30-2021
Need to exclude asymptomatic. I think it's similar to vaxxed in that case from a few things I've read.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:28 AM 07-30-2021
If you had a symptomatic response to covid, it’ll likely you have atleast some immunity, likely strong sterilizing. The asymptomatic cases would be the ones im referring to.
Need to exclude asymptomatic. I think it's similar to vaxxed in that case from a few things I've read.
Reality is we don't know on asymptomatic cases. I have yet to find a study on it.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:29 AM 07-30-2021
They’re also talking about plasmoblasts, or memory B cells which are essentially antibody factories and are gonna be found in lymph cells thru your body. The vaccines produce those as well, which is ideal

It’s also why the whole “antibodies are waning, we’re in trouble” rhetoric is wrong. They always do. No matter how you get immunity. It’s normal and doesn’t mean you aren’t immune.
Truth.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:35 AM 07-30-2021
Reality is we don't know on asymptomatic cases. I have yet to find a study on it.
I'd guess it's just super hard to get much data on it. I'd guess 90% of asymptomatic cases go undetected, so they just never show up in the system.
[Reply]
O.city 08:52 AM 07-30-2021
You’d have to run a full serological study to determine it. Last I saw they had pretty low titers of every cell.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 07-30-2021
Lost in the recent cdc hysterics is they found even against delta, the vaccines produce 88% efficacy against infection
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:34 AM 07-30-2021

While infections (and transmission) can still occur, the vaccines work very well. In CDC's data they showed vaccinated people had a 25-fold reduction in risk of death, a 25-fold reduction in risk of hospitalization, and 8-fold reduction in risk of disease (Disclosure: Pfizer BoD) https://t.co/oCYjjObm5O

— Scott Gottlieb, MD (@ScottGottliebMD) July 30, 2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:55 AM 07-30-2021
You’d have to run a full serological study to determine it. Last I saw they had pretty low titers of every cell.
If you've got a link, I'd love to read about it.

Do they still think asymptomatic people don't spread the virus? I think that's the last thing I saw on it.
[Reply]
Page 3592 of 3903
« First < 2592309234923542358235883589359035913592 3593359435953596360236423692 > Last »
Up