ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3578 of 3903
« First < 2578307834783528356835743575357635773578 3579358035813582358836283678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:36 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
What does that have to do with anything we’re talking about?
More testing ='s more cases.

It is clear that the unvaccinated will be tested more.
[Reply]
O.city 12:38 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
More testing ='s more cases.

It is clear that the unvaccinated will be tested more.
Well yeah, what’s the point of testing a vaccinated person with no symptoms
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:44 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Thanks. I guess I don't really have any of those experiences other than wearing a mask for the occasional Uber ride. Main lasting effect on my life has been working from home, which I actually love.

Regarding the unvaccinated, I think a lot of people have been led astray. I find the responses to cases like Stephen Harmon to be shockingly uncompassionate. I suppose my main hope would be that the good thing to come out of these viral stories would be convincing more people to get vaccinated so that they don't become "that guy".
I have a hard time ginning up much sympathy for people who voluntarily and unnecessarily temped this fate.

2 of my relatives are in the hospital. 1 dying.

And I’m not surprised.My mother’s family is, by and large, a bunch of dumb****s in the Missourah hotspots.
[Reply]
CanadaKC 12:54 PM 07-23-2021
Up here in Canada …98.5 of the new cases , mostly the variant, are unvaccinated people. Just get the shot already
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:55 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by CanadaKC:
Up here in Canada …98.5 of the new cases , mostly the variant, are unvaccinated people. Just get the shot already
I’m guessing it’s < 99% because the vax rate is higher than in Idiot America.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:56 PM 07-23-2021

I’m sorry but we just don’t know what’s in this vaccine now if you’ll excuse me, the vitamins I bought from a podcast have arrived.

— Daniel Kibblesmith (@kibblesmith) July 22, 2021

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:57 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Every time you've run a red light.
I wholeheartedly agree that not running red lights is the win/win solution here for me and the other drivers.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:58 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It really is crazy how unregulated vitamins are. I mean, there are things out there that people put in their bodies to IMPACT HOW YOUR GENITALS WORK and they'll take it without even a worry.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:59 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Ive reached the point where I just let the unvaccinated assume the risk. I'm vaccinated and mostly carefree. What I don't like is that this is going to slow normalcy. Hospitals are overwhelmed at a time when health care workers are burnt out.
Yeah that and all the kids under 12.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:02 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It really is crazy how unregulated vitamins are. I mean, there are things out there that people put in their bodies to IMPACT HOW YOUR GENITALS WORK and they'll take it without even a worry.
The FDA, like a great many government entities, has long been next to useless. And that has nothing to do with COVID.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:04 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think a lot of the herbal/organic treatment affect the body the same way as their pharma competitive but one is highly regulated and the other isn't but they consider the less regulated version safer.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:07 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
The FDA, like a great many government entities, has long been next to useless. And that has nothing to do with COVID.
I get the sentiment, but that's hyperbole that you're presenting as fact. Have there been instances where the FDA has failed? Sure. But you're focusing on the handful of failures against literally thousands of decisions they make every year that keep people safer.

It's ludicrous to imply that we'd be better off without them.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:08 PM 07-23-2021
Most dietary supplements don't need to be regulated because they don't do shit. Goes super double for anything homeopathic. But you can get in trouble with a few things like mixing St. Johns Wort and Prozac.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:17 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
This is ridiculous. You are basically saying 50% of hospitalized patients die and that's nonsense. There are MANY treatments for covid right now including anti viral meds and giving oxygen.

We have had probably 10-15 employees end up in the hospital at some point due to covid the last 18 months, probably 5 in the last 2 weeks and 0 have died.

I'm not downplaying the severity I am just saying you are exaggerating quite a large bit. Thing is you dont hear about the people who don't die or have long term issues, they just move on with their lives.
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would guess he's talking about ICU vs just hospitalization.
What I am saying is they are doing the same treatment options as last year which is throw everything at them and HOPE one or more work. Monoclonal antibodies are an effective treatment option but they have to get it early on and by the time people usually go to the hospital it is too late. Also probably only the big hospitals have MA's.

My daughter is on Round 3 of Covid ICU duty and she told me last night she and her fellow ICU's RN's are telling people when they admit them, we will do what we can so good luck and you should have gotten vaccinated. Call it what you want. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 01:24 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
The FDA doesn't really have much to do with vitamins and supplements though. That's why manufacturers are legally required to put this disclaimer on vitamins and supplements.

[Reply]
Page 3578 of 3903
« First < 2578307834783528356835743575357635773578 3579358035813582358836283678 > Last »
Up