ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3569 of 3903
« First < 2569306934693519355935653566356735683569 3570357135723573357936193669 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 09:49 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Good data from real world study out of Canada
My only regret from getting the J&J vaccine is that they have distributed so few doses that there's not much good data for me to know how well it's doing.
[Reply]
O.city 09:51 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My only regret from getting the J&J vaccine is that they have distributed so few doses that there's not much good data for me to know how well it's doing.
Yeah, the stoppage wasn't ideal.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:00 AM 07-22-2021
My wife just got out of the hospital after 9 days with this shit. Nasty stuff for sure. I was vaccinated because I was eligible back in March but she wasn't. She wasn't anti-vac, she just put it off since the shit was gone in the area for like 2 months. I'm pretty anti-mask mandate for a few reasons mostly because the invasion of civil liberty doesn't warrant the small benefits of trying to make a few people wear cloth mask but man people really need to humble themselves and re-evaluate their stance on the vaccines. Sadly, I think people lump mask and vaccines into the same category and double down on their opinions instead of evaluating each thing separately. Once was fools gold and one is the real deal.
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 07-22-2021

The only good COVID (related) wave pic.twitter.com/O4bGFDrlq8

— Theo Sanderson (@theosanderson) July 22, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 10:02 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
My wife just got out of the hospital after 9 days with this shit. Nasty stuff for sure. I was vaccinated because I was eligible back in March but she wasn't. She wasn't anti-vac, she just put it off since the shit was gone in the area for like 2 months. I'm pretty anti-mask mandate for a few reasons mostly because I think they are pretty ineffective but man people really need to humble themselves and re-evaluate their stance on the vaccines. Sadly, I think people lump mask and vaccines into the same category and double down on their opinions instead of evaluating each thing seperate.
Man, that sucks. Glad to hear she's out of the hospital.
[Reply]
F150 10:06 AM 07-22-2021
Guy this week, 50, dad to 3 girls, husband.......knew he was healthy and the Covid was like the flu....near Nevada MO

He died Tuesday. Delta.

People who deny themselves the vax often only think of consequences to themselves for such selfish decisions.

How will mom ever help her girls to understand dad was more into his own egotistical world than he cared for his daughters?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 10:06 AM 07-22-2021
My wife just got out of the hospital after 9 days with this shit. Nasty stuff for sure. I was vaccinated because I was eligible back in March but she wasn't. She wasn't anti-vac, she just put it off since the shit was gone in the area for like 2 months. I'm pretty anti-mask mandate for a few reasons mostly because the invasion of civil liberty doesn't warrant the small benefits of trying to make a few people wear cloth mask but man people really need to humble themselves and re-evaluate their stance on the vaccines. Sadly, I think people lump mask and vaccines into the same category and double down on their opinions instead of evaluating each thing separately. Once was fools gold and one is the real deal.
Good to hear she's back home.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 07-22-2021
Fingers crossed and it's early, but it looks like the UK has peaked and is coming down.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:45 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by F150:
Guy this week, 50, dad to 3 girls, husband.......knew he was healthy and the Covid was like the flu....near Nevada MO

He died Tuesday. Delta.

People who deny themselves the vax often only think of consequences to themselves for such selfish decisions.

How will mom ever help her girls to understand dad was more into his own egotistical world than he cared for his daughters?
After being in the situation I was in the last 9 days I totally agree. It's very self centered and egotistical. While in the hospital isolated for 9 days my wife was telling everyone of her family members and friends they better get the shot so they aren't where she is and she isn't where they are. Again some people aren't anti vaccinations...just don't put if off thinking if won't happen to them. I'm here to tell you it absolutely can. After seeing how badly it hit my wife in her 40's..you can see how it can be quite deadly.
[Reply]
Swanman 11:09 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Good data from real world study out of Canada
85% against delta is encouraging. It's not 100 but the hurdle figure is 65 percent for approval so still well above that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:13 AM 07-22-2021
Good to hear BCD. I hope she continues to improve. And yes you are absolutely correct about the vaccines. People need to wake the fuck up.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:22 AM 07-22-2021
I meant to post this the other day but I was watching Dr. Osterholm on TV a couple of nights ago and he sometimes says outlandish things but he said something that made me say Oh shit.

Which was currently here in the US there is over 100 million people that are unvaccinated + never had Covid. Just taking a step back and thinking about that...I mean that is a huge pool of future infections which could generate more variants etc.

I will just say this ..get vaccinated if you can.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:25 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I meant to post this the other day but I was watching Dr. Osterholm on TV a couple of nights ago and he sometimes says outlandish things but he said something that made me say Oh shit.

Which was currently here in the US there is over 100 million people that are unvaccinated + never had Covid. Just taking a step back and thinking about that...I mean that is a huge pool of future infections which could generate more variants etc.

I will just say this ..get vaccinated if you can.
I wonder if insurance companies can start charging people more for being unvaxxed like they do with smokers - once this thing gets FDA approved. That one-two punch would convert a lot of fence-sitters I bet.
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Swanman:
85% against delta is encouraging. It's not 100 but the hurdle figure is 65 percent for approval so still well above that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
85% against symptomatic infection is pretty good. That study has it in high 90's of serious infection and hospitalization.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:35 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I wonder if insurance companies can start charging people more for being unvaxxed like they do with smokers - once this thing gets FDA approved. That one-two punch would convert a lot of fence-sitters I bet.
I bet they will. My employer is giving everyone $30-40 dollar cut in premiums per paycheck if we are vaccinated. I guarantee you so many companies are just waiting for this to get fully approved so they can start mandating it. Not for altruistic reasons but they want employees back in the office. So I fully expect the vaccinations to sky rocket once it gets fully approved.
[Reply]
Page 3569 of 3903
« First < 2569306934693519355935653566356735683569 3570357135723573357936193669 > Last »
Up