ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3565 of 3903
« First < 2565306534653515355535613562356335643565 3566356735683569357536153665 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stevieray 08:12 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
great pic for the article...:-)

Horrible propaganda.

It's disheartening to watch people push the vaccine under the pretense of the well being of others, only to watch them flip and jump at the chance to "blame" them with no compassion.
[Reply]
O.city 08:29 AM 07-21-2021
Keep making vaccines available, but at some point you have to realize that we just are where we are.

Let people make their own decisions and go forward doing the best you can.
[Reply]
wazu 08:30 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
great pic for the article...:-)

Horrible propaganda.

It's disheartening to watch people push the vaccine under the pretense of the well being of others, only to watch them flip and jump at the chance to "blame" them with no compassion.
Probably not the best pic, but the article included a decent amount of compassion.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:37 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I can't imagine working the floor as an inpatient provider/nurse right now. The amount of frustration and heartbreak would be too much. It was too much for me working in a long-term care facility.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:23 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
This one really stinks. F Covid.

https://cbs2iowa.com/news/nation-wor...0sFmHVaaxbNWYg

Georgia deputy loses 5-year-old son to COVID-19

"I have lost my best friend."

A Whitfield County, Georgia deputy and his wife are mourning the loss of their 5-year-old boy to COVID-19.

Wyatt Gary Gibson died on Friday, July 16, after a short battle with the virus, family members told our Atlanta affiliate station WSB-TV.

Wyatt was the son of Whitfield County Sheriff's Lt. Wes Gibson and Alexis Gibson. He was the older brother to a 9-month-old sister.

"My little buddy. My best friend. My helper," wrote Wes Gibson in a Facebook post Sunday, "In a way I know that you're still here, but I miss you so damn much! I wish this was one adventure that you did not start... I have lost my best friend."

"There are no words that can be spoken to ease his pain and the pain of his family. Lt. Gibson is a dedicated public servant of Whitfield County that truly cares about our community. He is one of the best of us at the Sheriff’s Office," wrote Juan Martinez on Facebook.

Family members told WSB-TV that the whole family got sick, but only Wyatt ended up having complications, including a stroke and COVID pneumonia.

Wyatt passed away at Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga on Friday, according to his obituary.

Community members are coming around the Gibson family as they grieve.

A GoFundMe campaign has been started for the Gibsons to help pay for medical bills and funeral costs. A Meal Train for the family has also been started.

"May the care and love of those around them provide comfort and peace to get them through this time of heartache," wrote Tunnel Hill Police Department in a statement on Facebook.
Really sad. Everyone needs to get vaccinated
My uncle died in this similar fashion in November. It still hurts bad.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:29 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Keep making vaccines available, but at some point you have to realize that we just are where we are.

Let people make their own decisions and go forward doing the best you can.
This is what upsets me is because of those decisions they could get my loved one sick or child that can't get vaccinated. This is a national emergency that half the fucking population dgaf about until it's too late
[Reply]
TLO 09:32 AM 07-21-2021
Don't we already have vaccines that are mandated for kids to attend school, etc? I think at least some states have those mandates in place.
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This is what upsets me is because of those decisions they could get my loved one sick or child that can't get vaccinated. This is a national emergency that half the ****ing population dgaf about until it's too late
Yeah, it's not ideal.

But doing the best you can and moving forward is all that one can do. Covid rocked my wife and I's family's pretty hard, but life continues to march on.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:34 AM 07-21-2021
This Dr. Cobia stuff looks like a newer copy and paste version of the Covid Party stories the media was pushing last summer.

I begged them not to put the tube in me...says dying man in his 20's! Then we find out the story was fake and ABC News ran it anyway.

I am in marketing...it looks templated.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:34 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, it's not ideal.

But doing the best you can and moving forward is all that one can do. Covid rocked my wife and I's family's pretty hard, but life continues to march on.
Yeah for sure. Hope your wife gets better and stays that way. Can't let it get me too upset based on what I've seen in person and just hope the vaccinations increase soon.
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Yeah for sure. Hope your wife gets better and stays that way. Can't let it get me too upset based on what I've seen in person and just hope the vaccinations increase soon.
She's fine. We had a hard time with it last year, ended up losing 5 family members to this thing and have a few others that were hospitalized but thankfully recovered.

It's tough, but life is tough sometimes.
[Reply]
TLO 09:37 AM 07-21-2021
I say we make vaccines mandatory. If you don't comply, you will be forced to look at Hope Solo's nudes 4 hours every day until Covid is gone.
[Reply]
TLO 09:39 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
This Dr. Cobia stuff looks like a newer copy and paste version of the Covid Party stories the media was pushing last summer.

I begged them not to put the tube in me...says dying man in his 20's! Then we find out the story was fake and ABC News ran it anyway.

I am in marketing...it looks templated.
I hate stories like this. There's probably some version of this happening out there, but the story itself does no good.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:43 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I hate stories like this. There's probably some version of this happening out there, but the story itself does no good.
“A few days later when I call time of death,” continued Cobia on Facebook, “I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.”

“They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’. But they were wrong. And they wish they could go back. But they can’t. So they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives.”

I have no idea who this woman is. Maybe this is all true. The problem is this exact template was used last Summer but then it was everything else +Covid Parties.

They just removed the Covid Parties (maybe they thought that was too over the top) but kept the rest of it.

The other issue, isn't putting everyone on a ventilator kind of outdated medical advice? They did that early on because China recommended it but we soon learned that was probably killing them.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
“A few days later when I call time of death,” continued Cobia on Facebook, “I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.”

“They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’. But they were wrong. And they wish they could go back. But they can’t. So they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives.”

I have no idea who this woman is. Maybe this is all true. The problem is this exact template was used last Summer but then it was everything else +Covid Parties.

They just removed the Covid Parties (maybe they thought that was too over the top) but kept the rest of it.

The other issue, isn't putting everyone on a ventilator kind of outdated medical advice? They did that early on because China recommended it but we soon learned that was probably killing them.
Ventilation is still needed and used in these cases depending on saturation and such.
[Reply]
Page 3565 of 3903
« First < 2565306534653515355535613562356335643565 3566356735683569357536153665 > Last »
Up