ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3496 of 3903
« First < 2496299633963446348634923493349434953496 3497349834993500350635463596 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:19 AM 05-11-2021
Travelled to Ontario for the first time since all this shit started. Never felt more thankful to be an American. It’s absolute hell up here. I’m sorry to all of our Canadians on this board. What a disaster.
[Reply]
sedated 02:12 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Travelled to Ontario for the first time since all this shit started. Never felt more thankful to be an American. It’s absolute hell up here. I’m sorry to all of our Canadians on this board. What a disaster.
Care to elaborate?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:13 PM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Care to elaborate?
It’s basically still like the west coast was last April but even worse. Everything is closed. They even have areas taped off in Walmart to only allow you to buy food basically. I tried to buy a notebook but it wasn’t essential. The place is a joke. They don’t give a shit if you’re vaccinated or not. I’m luckily exempt from the 14 day mandatory quarantine of being stuck in a hotel. I think I would have lost my mind. Trying to schedule a test to get back to the states is difficult and expensive. A lot of the essential workers I spoke with this week still haven’t gotten their vaccines yet because it’s been terribly organized from what they are saying. Basically God Bless the USA!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:41 AM 05-12-2021
For those still wearing masks outside...

Based on Dr. Høeg’s math below, and assuming a generous 0.4% infection fatality rate an individual has a one in 600 million chance of dying from a COVID infection that was transmitted outdoors https://t.co/G7pCniuXcE

— Eric (@IAmTheActualET) May 11, 2021

[Reply]
Monticore 06:41 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
It’s basically still like the west coast was last April but even worse. Everything is closed. They even have areas taped off in Walmart to only allow you to buy food basically. I tried to buy a notebook but it wasn’t essential. The place is a joke. They don’t give a shit if you’re vaccinated or not. I’m luckily exempt from the 14 day mandatory quarantine of being stuck in a hotel. I think I would have lost my mind. Trying to schedule a test to get back to the states is difficult and expensive. A lot of the essential workers I spoke with this week still haven’t gotten their vaccines yet because it’s been terribly organized from what they are saying. Basically God Bless the USA!
Why would you be trying to buy a notebook at a Canadian Wallmart?
They did mess up the vaccination issue and should have been more aggressive earlier in the pandemic like NZ .
[Reply]
TLO 07:01 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
For those still wearing masks outside...

I never wore.a mask outside. Never made any kind of logical sense to me.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:33 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Yeah, dude!! What are you trying to prove?!?!?!

Oh, big man, . . . . just buys paper products whenever and wherever he wants!!

La dee dah!! I need a notebook and I haven't even checked out the national customs on notebook procurement!! DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE?!??!
[Reply]
Monticore 08:45 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, dude!! What are you trying to prove?!?!?!

Oh, big man, . . . . just buys paper products whenever and wherever he wants!!

La dee dah!! I need a notebook and I haven't even checked out the national customs on notebook procurement!! DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE?!??!
Some people refer to laptops as notebooks, if it was a paper notebook it would still be weird since I didn't think that was a popular options these days. You think such a pro American would have preferred to buy it locally in America instead of giving his money to us and it seems weird to be looking to buy one on short trip even if work related .
[Reply]
sedated 10:20 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I never wore.a mask outside. Never made any kind of logical sense to me.
Same. I'm pro-mask, but genuinely confuses me when I see people walking their dogs alone with a mask on.

Although it did keep my face warm(er) when it was cold outside, so there's that.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:29 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Same. I'm pro-mask, but genuinely confuses me when I see people walking their dogs alone with a mask on.

Although it did keep my face warm(er) when it was cold outside, so there's that.
I admit I did wear it outside a few times to keep my face warm at -40c I don't really care what I look like or what people say , but I have neve worn 1 outside because of covid.
[Reply]
Otter 03:46 PM 05-12-2021
They did mess up the vaccination issue and should have been more aggressive earlier in the pandemic like NZ .
Maybe he needed to write something down? :-) I keep one around all the time for passwords, random thoughts & ideas.

Poor Canada, so much potential being crippled.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:26 PM 05-12-2021
Some people refer to laptops as notebooks, if it was a paper notebook it would still be weird since I didn't think that was a popular options these days. You think such a pro American would have preferred to buy it locally in America instead of giving his money to us and it seems weird to be looking to buy one on short trip even if work related .
Not sure how carrying a notebook is weird. I typically carry one with me around the hospital I’m working to jot notes down because pen and paper has been our most reliable source of documentation since mankind started figuring this shit out. It wasn’t the end of the world since I can steal paper from any printer in the hospital and write notes on that, it was really just a side purchase while I was forced into buying food from there because it was the only place I could find that was open at 9:30 on a Thursday night.

I’ve been traveling around nonstop through all of this COVID stuff and the restrictions up here are similar only to my visit to Hawaii last April when this was all just starting. I was simply saying that it sucks and pointing out reasons why it does. In the states we’re not back to normal but I think a ton of people would be absolutely livid if they were still having to deal with these types of restrictions. I know most of the hospital and hotel staff I’ve talked to this week are pretty sick of it as well. Seems like it’s been just a jumbled mess with the whole vaccine rollout and closures.

Sorry for wanting paper and a better life for you all. I really hope it gets better up here soon. I used to love coming up here for work.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:28 PM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Maybe he needed to write something down? :-) I keep one around all the time for passwords, random thoughts & ideas.

Poor Canada, so much potential being crippled.
When I hear notebook I think laptop, most phones can handle the thoughts and ideas as well and remembers your passwords for you.
[Reply]
Otter 05:29 PM 05-12-2021
When I hear notebook I think laptop, most phones can handle the thoughts and ideas as well and remembers your passwords for you.
I have passwords and code I can't afford to put on a device capable of being accessed.

No, I'm not a secret, undercover, CIA, space cowboy, James Bond, like BRC.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:59 PM 05-12-2021
I grew up in the 90’s before cell phones so I think we may just have a different opinion on which is more reliable and convenient. If I ever get too lazy to jot notes down on a piece of paper just ship me to Canada to live in quarantine for the rest of my days. It’s over for me anyways.
[Reply]
Page 3496 of 3903
« First < 2496299633963446348634923493349434953496 3497349834993500350635463596 > Last »
Up