ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3468 of 3903
« First < 2468296833683418345834643465346634673468 3469347034713472347835183568 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:09 AM 03-21-2021
Brazil is getting decimated and they have the p1 variant spreading

Not good
[Reply]
loochy 08:14 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by philfree:
Any news on combining the vaccines?

My wife had the first shot but she's put off getting the second. She received the Moderna so she's supposed to be over 80% protected. Kind of makes the 2nd shot seem silly. I had the virus so I'm in no hurry to sign up but when I do, if I do I'm going to wait for the J&J single shot. I'm wondering since the second shot seems to be the one that causes the most side effects it my be better for her to get the J&J. Maybe the two together could have the best results?
No, she should get the second shot. Is she really that afraid of a small chance of having a fever for a day? Really?
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:18 AM 03-21-2021

My wife had the first shot but she's put off getting the second. She received the Moderna so she's supposed to be over 80% protected. Kind of makes the 2nd shot seem silly. I had the virus so I'm in no hurry to sign up but when I do, if I do I'm going to wait for the J&J single shot. I'm wondering since the second shot seems to be the one that causes the most side effects it my be better for her to get the J&J. Maybe the two together could have the best results?
Get the 2nd shot. Don't look back.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:18 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Talk about someone who's seriously at risk of dying if they catch covid.
Whitlock has been eating one meal a day and riding a Paleaton for close to a year I think. He has lost a shit ton of weight.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:20 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Whitlock has been eating one meal a day and riding a Paleaton for close to a year I think. He has lost a shit ton of weight.
He's just proving out what we know, that people who are overweight have the highest risk.
[Reply]
O.city 08:26 AM 03-21-2021
Thought I saw where Jason said he hadn’t been doing that but hoped to get back to it.

Not that it really matters just thought I saw him say something about it
[Reply]
philfree 08:46 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
No, she should get the second shot. Is she really that afraid of a small chance of having a fever for a day? Really?
Who said anything about being afraid? I can't believe she didn't get it when I had it. I was around her for a couple days after I was exposed before my symptoms kicked in. Then I went for the test and came up positive. She may be one of those people who just don't get it. She's tested negative twice.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:17 AM 03-21-2021

I doubt it would be a problem, but the CDC has said that they have not tested two vaccines together and you shouldn't mix them.
[Reply]
TLO 09:51 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Not good
Apparently they are having a hell of a time with vaccine rollout too. Not good
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:59 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Not good
Yes and this variant will eventually rip through the USA. I don't see enough people getting vaccinated to reach herd immunity. I hope I'm wrong but I don't currently see it.

But at least it shouldn't be that much longer until everyone that wants a vaccine will have an opportunity to get it.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:20 AM 03-21-2021

Europe and other places did not give second shots to vaccinate more people yet they are having more outbreaks. Yes there are other contributing factors but fuck that get that second shot.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:26 AM 03-21-2021
So the vacs cover the new variant?
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:35 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Everything I have seen says the J&J definitely does as its been used in S Africa.
[Reply]
TLO 11:39 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Pfizer did a lab study that showed it was effective. But they don't have any real world studies completed.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:39 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Everything I have seen says the J&J definitely does as its been used in S Africa.
Cool. Would love to see at least half the population get vaccinated in the next month or so. It looks like we aren't moving too fast.
[Reply]
Page 3468 of 3903
« First < 2468296833683418345834643465346634673468 3469347034713472347835183568 > Last »
Up