ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2568 of 3903
« First < 1568206824682518255825642565256625672568 256925702571257225782618266830683568 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:41 PM 07-12-2020
My patient caught Covid-19 twice.

It's just one data point, but the worst case of this:

Originally Posted by :
First, the trajectory of a moderate initial infection followed by a severe reinfection suggests that this novel coronavirus might share some tendencies of other viruses such as dengue fever, where you can suffer more severe illness each time you contract the disease.
combined with vaccines not working or taking years to develop, could send civilization into a new dark ages for a while.
[Reply]
eDave 01:48 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's some bozo with 2,000 Twitter followers, which apparently, is all someone needs today to be relevant on the internets.
Anecdotal for sure, and Pete may have a clearer vision that I do on this one, but I'm pretty tied to data, data collecting, and reporting as part of my career, often in healthcare. As such I know a lot of people right in the reporting soup for this thing. Requirements are ever changing and stretching IT resources pretty thin. A lot of other projects are going on hold to focus on this shit. It's stifling.

Again, just an observation from the field.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:56 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Scandal? GTFO. It might be a data point link error, but scandal? GTFO.
Always has to be some conspiracy or scandal with some people. Never can be that there is a shit ton of infections everywhere especially in Florida.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:01 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Now we care about people dying in FL?
Not really, I'm worried about people traveling to that hellhole and bringing it back with them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:01 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Always has to be some conspiracy or scandal with some people. Never can be that there is a shit ton of infections everywhere especially in Florida.
Exactly
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:02 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Not really, I'm worried about people traveling to that hellhole and bringing it back with them.
According to an article I've read in the past 24 hours, people from Florida have flown to every state in the nation in the past few weeks, which just adds another layer of infections for this virus.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:03 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-atl...-mexico-border
That's only breaking news for the MSM
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:06 PM 07-12-2020
According to an article I've read in the past 24 hours, people from Florida have flown to every state in the nation in the past few weeks, which just adds another layer of infections for this virus.
Fuck. Shut down the airports. The train stations. Shut it all down.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:07 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
That's only breaking news for the MSM
I don't buy that excuse for a freaking minute.

If true, we'd have seen a huge outbreak in San Diego and Orange County, which we haven't as of yet.

It's no coincidence that cases have blown through the roof in Florida, Arizona, Texas and California because every one of these states opened early, which is why we're seeing the spread.

Hell, the Lt. Governor of Texas said recently that he doesn't believe in masks and that he's "heard enough" of Dr. Fauci, so much so that he no longer listens to his recommendations.
[Reply]
O.city 02:09 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
My patient caught Covid-19 twice.

It's just one data point, but the worst case of this:

combined with vaccines not working or taking years to develop, could send civilization into a new dark ages for a while.
This things been going on for 6/7 months now and there’s been a few cases of this potentially happening

I’m gonna go with outliers at this point.
[Reply]
jdubya 02:12 PM 07-12-2020
I don't buy that excuse for a freaking minute.

If true, we'd have seen a huge outbreak in San Diego and Orange County, which we haven't as of yet.

It's no coincidence that cases have blown through the roof in Florida, Arizona, Texas and California because every one of these states opened early, which is why we're seeing the spread.

Hell, the Lt. Governor of Texas said recently that he doesn't believe in masks and that he's "heard enough" of Dr. Fauci, so much so that he no longer listens to his recommendations.
California opened early? We were still shut down until the riots, oops I mean protests......
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:15 PM 07-12-2020
They rushed the opening and people flooded restaurants and bars (indoors) without anyone knowing what the proper procedure was and then cases spiked.

People love to blame the protests though

Here's a thread for further reading:

LA locked down for months to save lives. But then we hastily reopened -- and now our outbreak is exploding.

We're seeing record hospitalizations. The most since April.

But unlike back then, businesses are open. And workers are in danger. (thread) https://t.co/iKpt8yI9hr pic.twitter.com/d7urD50tDr

— Nithya Raman (@nithyavraman) July 9, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 02:16 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
This things been going on for 6/7 months now and there’s been a few cases of this potentially happening

I’m gonna go with outliers at this point.
Only a few cases from all over the world at this point. Doesn't seem very common at all.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:20 PM 07-12-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
California opened early? We were still shut down until the riots, oops I mean protests......
Yes, California opened too soon, which is why we're seeing a massive amount of cases in Los Angeles County.

If schools are forced to open next month, our COVID-19 cases will dwarf any number to date.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:30 PM 07-12-2020
I don't know if CA opened too soon. I do think it was a mistake to open up bars and gyms.

To keep control of the spread, society may have to choose a limited number of things to open.

I would keep bars and dine in restaurants closed if it meant grade schools could be opened sooner.
[Reply]
Page 2568 of 3903
« First < 1568206824682518255825642565256625672568 256925702571257225782618266830683568 > Last »
Up