ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2049 of 2687
« First < 1049154919491999203920452046204720482049 20502051205220532059209921492549 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:05 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
:-)

don't become one of those guys, because being spoiled implies that I don't appreciate Mahomes and What he's done for Chiefs considering the long standing suffering playoff failure before Patrick.

If someone is a spoiled Chiefs Fan then they're bandwagoners
maybe spoiled is the wrong word, but it has become difficult for people to look at other QB's and register that they're good and could be great although they are not Mahomes.

He's on another level, and it does tend to cloud people's judgements.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:20 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
AFTER the top-10? How in the world does your list of the top-2o QBs in the NFL NOT include at least one if not 2 of those guys?
Mahomes is the top.

Then after that Rodgers.

Neither Herbert or Allen are in that range.

Personally, if I was a GM I take Kyler Murray over either Herbert or Allen. I think KK is holding him back a bit.
[Reply]
In58men 07:50 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He might take a step back next year statistically, but ya’ll hatin on Herbert.

He’s good. He’s way better than Rivers was the last 10 years.
I’m definitely not sleeping on the dude, he made some incredible throws. Throws you don’t see most QBs do.

https://youtu.be/Rx2oEDqhCvw

I still don’t know how he made this pass, under pressure @ 2:10. Just a great throw.
[Reply]
Shaid 09:03 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’m definitely not sleeping on the dude, he made some incredible throws. Throws you don’t see most QBs do.

https://youtu.be/Rx2oEDqhCvw

I still don’t know how he made this pass, under pressure @ 2:10. Just a great throw.
Landlord's hand was a millimeter away from knocking that away. Good throw for sure but damn risky. On 3rd and long, risky is fine.

I also think he's extremely good. You saw it in his first game.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:11 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Watson is a clear top 5 QB in this league.

Herbert, Allen, and Mayfield are guys I would debate after the top ten. Good players though.
AFTER the top 10?

You're building a case for worst football takes on the forum.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:15 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Personally, if I was a GM I take Kyler Murray over either Herbert or Allen. I think KK is holding him back a bit.
Good thing you aren't a GM.

Kyler Murray hasn't shown he can play in a pocket consistently. His height is a significant disadvantage that Herbert or Allen don't share. Nor is his arm up to theirs.

The whole, "I have to roll out to create visible throwing lanes" thing isn't conducive to playoff wins.

Exciting, electric player. But physical limitations are a real thing.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:30 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
AFTER the top 10?

You're building a case for worst football takes on the forum.

Yes, and I was told that I was too high on Trey Lance too.

There is no right or wrong answer on either Allen or Herbert. Herbert had an incredible rookie year. Probably easier to make a case for him.

But there were issues on his tape too, watch the New England game.

Allen put out the following input in his previous 2 years:

Passer Rating of 67 and 85.

Last year was an incredible breakout year but there is a lot to worry about on his tape as well.

Specifically, watch the LAR game 1st half and 2nd half. 1st half mainly zone, 2nd half mainly man (except for long 3rd downs where LAR kept going back to zone).

Watch the Arizona game where they went back and forth from man to zone and in almost all of the man defense moments Allen threw it to the other team 4 or 5 times.

Watch the last 2 playoff games where Allen struggled against simple man from Baltimore and then struggles against man or changes in pre-snap looks from KC.

Allen, when I watch him, is a talented but more scheme dependent QB than a Kyler Murray. I would rather have the guy who has less needs in that area.

Selling Allen and Herbert stock before this year starts.

I don't care about someone who pushes childish hyperbole like yourself. I can defend my opinions without crying like a baby.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:32 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Good thing you aren't a GM.

Kyler Murray hasn't shown he can play in a pocket consistently. His height is a significant disadvantage that Herbert or Allen don't share. Nor is his arm up to theirs.

The whole, "I have to roll out to create visible throwing lanes" thing isn't conducive to playoff wins.

Exciting, electric player. But physical limitations are a real thing.
Got it, you're a dinoasaur.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:35 AM 07-07-2021
I WILL, however, give Allen credit for making it work with that huge flaming pile of AIDS shit Brian Daboll.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 07-07-2021
Kyler being small and plying the way he does leads to injuries. Don’t want that in a qb.

Give me Allen or Herbert. Probably Herbert. Allen improved accuracy but I don’t think that will stay that way
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:38 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Kyler being small and plying the way he does leads to injuries. Don’t want that in a qb.

Give me Allen or Herbert. Probably Herbert. Allen improved accuracy but I don’t think that will stay that way
I see Allen take far more direct hits than Murray.

Allen runs upright and bowls into people.

Murray baseball slides.

Anyways, this is a Mahomes thread. Let's start another to talk young QB's because Mahomes deserves his own thread.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:46 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I WILL, however, give Allen credit for making it work with that huge flaming pile of AIDS shit Brian Daboll.
Yeah, agreed.

As Brett Favre would say, Allen has overcome his coaching and found success.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:50 AM 07-07-2021
Murray is a whole inch shorter than Russell Wilson and two inches shorter than Brees... and none of them are seeing over most linemen.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:01 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Murray is a whole inch shorter than Russell Wilson and two inches shorter than Brees... and none of them are seeing over most linemen.
Clearly there would come a point in which a guy would be too short to play QB effectively, but when one of the best pocket passers of all time in Drew Brees is only 6' it makes me wonder where that issue truly presents itself.

I think Rodgers is about 6'1". Russell Wilson is 5'11".

Kyler at 5'10" is not far off.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:08 AM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Clearly there would come a point in which a guy would be too short to play QB effectively, but when one of the best pocket passers of all time in Drew Brees is only 6' it makes me wonder where that issue truly presents itself.

I think Rodgers is about 6'1". Russell Wilson is 5'11".

Kyler at 5'10" is not far off.
More to the point, how often is it that we see "Gigantor!" QBs have success? Tall QBs get positive checkmarks from Mel Kipers, but it's never been demonstrated by any player that being NBA-tall is super helpful to the position.

There's a sweet spot of successful QBs mostly falling in the 6'2-6'4 range. A guy like Big Ben is 6'5. I don't think we've seen any QBs be taller than 6'5 and have success in the league.

Brock Osweiler was "intriguing" because he was 6'7 when he came out of college. Surely it gives you an advantage of some sort, right?

No, I'm not saying extreme height is a hindrance, but it could be if you're really tall and playing QB, perhaps that height tends to teach you not to worry about throwing lanes and all that because they don't matter to you in high school in college.
[Reply]
Page 2049 of 2687
« First < 1049154919491999203920452046204720482049 20502051205220532059209921492549 > Last »
Up