ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2013 of 2687
« First < 1013151319131963200320092010201120122013 20142015201620172023206321132513 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:24 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
There are 3 good NFL QB prospects in 2021 in Wilson, Lawrence, and Lance (I see Fields in the Lock territory value-wise).

Only a dinosaur scout would think that Lawrence is a better QB prospect than Mahomes was(taller, winner, 5 star recruit, etc).
As a QB PROSPECT Lawrence is way better than Mahomes. I say as a prospect. It’s all about the right system and the players that surround you. Coming out of college people knew Mahomes could play but his footwork and decision making were major concerns.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:00 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
As a QB PROSPECT Lawrence is way better than Mahomes. I say as a prospect. It’s all about the right system and the players that surround you. Coming out of college people knew Mahomes could play but his footwork and decision making were major concerns.
No.

Lawrence.

His arm strength is very good but not elite like Mahomes.

His off-platform throws are good but nothing like Mahomes.

He doesn't see the field as well.

He doesn't throw with anticipation.

He doesn't handle pressure in the pocket like Mahomes.

Lawrence might be faster than Mahomes but he is not a wow athlete.

Reasons the Dinosaurs are sold on Lawrence:

5 star recruit out of HS (They really are into this stuff)
WINNER
Character (Of course Mahomes had great character too but we never heard about it)
Tall

As I said months ago Lawrence is a more athletic Jared Goff.

I have Wilson as QB 1 this year.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:02 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
lulz
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:03 PM 02-18-2021
Lawrence did what he did surrounded by Top 10 talent.

Mahomes did what he did surrounded by UDFA talent.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:07 PM 02-18-2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:07 PM 02-18-2021
No.

Lawrence.

His arm strength is very good but not elite like Mahomes.

His off-platform throws are good but nothing like Mahomes.

He doesn't see the field as well.

He doesn't throw with anticipation.

He doesn't handle pressure in the pocket like Mahomes.

Lawrence might be faster than Mahomes but he is not a wow athlete.

Reasons the Dinosaurs are sold on Lawrence:

5 star recruit out of HS (They really are into this stuff)
WINNER
Character (Of course Mahomes had great character too but we never heard about it)
Tall

As I said months ago Lawrence is a more athletic Jared Goff.

I have Wilson as QB 1 this year.
Lawrence has big hands too
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:11 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Lawrence has big hands too
Damn it.

:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:20 PM 02-18-2021
I don't really follow college ball so I'm a little out of my element, but I don't see where Mahomo is wrong. If you're gauging them purely as prospects coming out of NCAA, how is Lawrence not superior?

Lawrence could have been the #1 pick for the last three years. Mahomes went at 10 and that was kind of shocking. That alone tells me who the better prospect is.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:21 PM 02-18-2021
Would Lawrence be rated as highly if he played for a team like Washington State? Or is he like Deshaun Watson? Rated high because he “just wins”.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:25 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I don't really follow college ball so I'm a little out of my element, but I don't see where Mahomo is wrong. If you're gauging them purely as prospects coming out of NCAA, how is Lawrence not superior?

Lawrence could have been the #1 pick for the last three years. Mahomes went at 10 and that was kind of shocking. That alone tells me who the better prospect is.
First off, Mahomes' footwork and decision making, as Mahomo pointed out, were only concerns to people who didn't know what they were looking at. Meanwhile, guys who DO know Qb's such as Reid, Payton and Arians were all foaming at the mouth for the kid.

And a player's draft position tells you who the better prospect is? You're fucking with me, right?

Yeah. You're fucking with me.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:30 PM 02-18-2021

ESPN and NFL Network and NFL.com wildly missed on the 2017 draft.

No elite talent, this isn't that exciting. 2018 is so much better.

And 2017 will have 2 QB's that are top 5 in the NFL.

The same people who hated Mahomes and Watson as prospects are saying Lawrence is better. Don't believe them.

Lawrence could have been the #1 pick for the last three years.

I think Lawrence will go 1st in 2021 but Wilson is better.

Burrow last year was a better prospect than any QB in 2021 draft.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:38 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Would Lawrence be rated as highly if he played for a team like Washington State? Or is he like Deshaun Watson? Rated high because he “just wins”.
I read an article yesterday with June Jones who said that Mac Jones is the best QB in this class and by a wide margin.

His reasoning? Mac Jones was the best downfield thrower (20+ yards) by a wide margin due to his accuracy. JJ stated that Lawrence and all of the other top rated QB's look at the ball when throwing downfield, whereas Mac Jones looks at his receiver, which makes him far more accurate.

He stated that many QB's he worked with in the past, including Warren Moon, would overshoot their receivers by a foot or two because they weren't focused on the receiver and once he helped them to make that adjustment, their careers skyrocketed.

It's an interesting take and I'll be curious as to the success of Mac Jones vs. the other 1st round QB's in the 2021 draft.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:39 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I read an article yesterday with June Jones who said that Mac Jones is the best QB in this class and by a wide margin.

His reasoning? Mac Jones was the best downfield thrower (20+ yards) by a wide margin due to his accuracy. JJ stated that Lawrence and all of the other top rated QB's look at the ball when throwing downfield, whereas Mac Jones looks at his receiver, which makes him far more accurate.

He stated that many QB's he worked with in the past, including Warren Moon, would overshoot their receivers by a foot or two because they weren't focused on the receiver and once he helped them to make that adjustment, their careers skyrocketed.

It's an interesting take and I'll be curious as to the success of Mac Jones vs. the other 1st round QB's in the 2021 draft.
Mac Jones worries me because of the talent surrounding him. I don’t trust Alabama players coming into the NFL.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:47 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
First off, Mahomes' footwork and decision making, as Mahomo pointed out, were only concerns to people who didn't know what they were looking at. Meanwhile, guys who DO know Qb's such as Reid, Payton and Arians were all foaming at the mouth for the kid.
Come on, dude. I don't buy any of that shit for one second.

Arians loved Mahomes so much that he neglected to trade up just a handful of spots to take him? Instead he elected to enter the season with Gabbert, Stanton and Matt Barkley at QB? Same with Payton; he only needed to jump up a few spots.

Originally Posted by :
And a player's draft position tells you who the better prospect is? You're fucking with me, right?

Yeah. You're fucking with me.
It's not that black and white since drafts don't occur in a vacuum, but when there's such a large disparity.. yes, kind of.

Lawrence is probably the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. And Luck was the best QB prospect we'd seen in probably at least 10 years prior.

Mahomes obviously panned out well, but we're talking about them solely as prospects.

ESPN and NFL Network and NFL.com wildly missed on the 2017 draft.

No elite talent, this isn't that exciting. 2018 is so much better.

And 2017 will have 2 QB's that are top 5 in the NFL.

The same people who hated Mahomes and Watson as prospects are saying Lawrence is better. Don't believe them.

Lawrence could have been the #1 pick for the last three years.

I think Lawrence will go 1st in 2021 but Wilson is better.

Burrow last year was a better prospect than any QB in 2021 draft.
Eh, either way. Lawrence will go #1 in 2021. He'd have gone either #1 or 2 in 2020. He likely could have gone #1 in 2019.

If you went back in time and took 2017 Patrick Mahomes and put him in this 2021 draft, Lawrence would still go #1.
[Reply]
Pants 02:52 PM 02-18-2021
Come on, dude. I don't buy any of that shit for one second.

Arians loved Mahomes so much that he neglected to trade up just a handful of spots to take him? Instead he elected to enter the season with Gabbert, Stanton and Matt Barkley at QB? Same with Payton; he only needed to jump up a few spots.
I buy it. They probably didn't think anyone ahead of them was going to take him. Dorsey leaked that we were looking to take an LB.
[Reply]
Page 2013 of 2687
« First < 1013151319131963200320092010201120122013 20142015201620172023206321132513 > Last »
Up