ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2009 of 2687
« First < 1009150919091959199920052006200720082009 20102011201220132019205921092509 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Mecca 01:13 PM 02-11-2021
All these guys hated Mahomes out of the draft, this is their chance to clap back after being called idiots.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:16 PM 02-11-2021
Don't give a damn what they say. Patrick is my quarterback and I wouldn't have it any other way. There isn't a single team out there that wouldn't trade whoever they have now for Patrick. Not one.
[Reply]
Best22 01:23 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
All these guys hated Mahomes out of the draft, this is their chance to clap back after being called idiots.
It’s kind of hard to do that when he already won a SB
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:47 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
If this game had happened in Super Bowl LIV....the talk would be nonstop.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:05 PM 02-11-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:05 PM 02-11-2021

[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 02:15 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
You would think that a league MVP and a Super Bowl MVP and 3 straight AFC championships plus back to back super bowls would be enough to people to give him the benefit of the doubt and actually use their eyeballs and common sense as to why Mahomes stat line was not great. The moment was not too big for him. He didn’t crumble under the pressure. He didn’t have a chance in hell with that line playing against that defense and that scheme. He had no time to throw the ball and nobody was open. All. Fucking. Game.

BUT he still hit receivers in the face and should have had 3 passing touchdowns, none of which were caught. Not his fault. The media is having their heyday with him and it’s crazy to me but whatever. It comes with the territory of being as good as he is which all the crazy expectations and all the early success he’s had. It’s disappointing but then you throw in the Britt Reid shit and covid issue earlier in the week...just an uphill battle when all we really needed was the line to hold and they couldn’t. We will be better off in the long run for this even though this shit sucks right now.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:19 PM 02-11-2021

[Reply]
Best22 02:20 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by kcjayhawks5:
You would think that a league MVP and a Super Bowl MVP and 3 straight AFC championships plus back to back super bowls would be enough to people to give him the benefit of the doubt and actually use their eyeballs and common sense as to why Mahomes stat line was not great. The moment was not too big for him. He didn’t crumble under the pressure. He didn’t have a chance in hell with that line playing against that defense and that scheme. He had no time to throw the ball and nobody was open. All. ****ing. Game.

BUT he still hit receivers in the face and should have had 3 passing touchdowns, none of which were caught. Not his fault. The media is having their heyday with him and it’s crazy to me but whatever. It comes with the territory of being as good as he is which all the crazy expectations and all the early success he’s had. It’s disappointing but then you throw in the Britt Reid shit and covid issue earlier in the week...just an uphill battle when all we really needed was the line to hold and they couldn’t. We will be better off in the long run for this even though this shit sucks right now.
The downside of being compared to Brady, is that no one stacks up to Brady career wise.

Also the AFC fanbases hate Mahomes. Most of it’s just salt and bitterness. Mahomes is the standard for all QB in the NFL, (not including Brady). He’s the one in the spotlight

People don’t say the “next Rodgers” anymore, they say the “next Mahomes.”
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:24 PM 02-11-2021
It's unfortunate that Mahomes has had his two worst playoff performances in Super Bowls, but haters are going to latch onto that.

He's got 3 total TDs and 4 INTs in two Super Bowls, one of which his team failed to score a single TD. People don't give a shit if he played well, threw multiple TDs that were dropped, had no time in the pocket. All they care about is results and he wasn't able to deliver.

I love him even more after that ass whooping, though. He threw three TDs that were dropped by dipshit receivers, plus another fucking miracle to Byron Pringle that could have been caught as well. Legitimately, the throws to Pringle in the back of the end zone and the sideways toss to D Williams were two of the greatest incompletions I've ever seen.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:25 PM 02-11-2021
Lebron had a meltdown against Dallas in one of his early finals

Jordan was whooped from pillar to post by the Celtics and Pistons for years

Brady lost twice to Eli and went nine years without winning

Pat has been playing for three years!!...a coin toss and a banged up line has stood in the way of having two or three rings already. The scary part is HE WILL GET BETTER!!..and tbh I think he's gonna unleash hell on this league moving forward.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:45 PM 02-11-2021
The way he played with a grade 3 turf toe. Insane.

It’s too bad he has to spend months recovering from the surgery now. But I bet the dude is gonna be watching film like never before. And that will pay dividends early in the season when they have to attack defenses underneath repetitively to bring the coverage up.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:51 PM 02-11-2021
I'm still amazed how close Pringle was to catching that ball
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:38 PM 02-11-2021
We were inches away from at least two of the greatest highlight throws in SB history.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:19 AM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lebron had a meltdown against Dallas in one of his early finals

Jordan was whooped from pillar to post by the Celtics and Pistons for years

Brady lost twice to Eli and went nine years without winning

Pat has been playing for three years!!...a coin toss and a banged up line has stood in the way of having two or three rings already. The scary part is HE WILL GET BETTER!!..and tbh I think he's gonna unleash hell on this league moving forward.
These are all great points. Patrick’s greatness has caused people to adjust expectations for him, which is totally fine, but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t recognize that any QB in the history of the NFL would kill to have his resume after 3 seasons starting. Any of them except for maybe Brady, who even though he won 2 SBs in those first 3 years, he did it more as a passenger than the true leader of the operation which Mahomes is...

Simms and Florio were talking about your last point and how they expect this loss to make him even more obsessive about the game and winning. Most guys don’t bounce back from SB losses but for the rare ones, losses like this can make them even better. Mahomes is one of those types.
[Reply]
Page 2009 of 2687
« First < 1009150919091959199920052006200720082009 20102011201220132019205921092509 > Last »
Up