ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1959 of 2683
« First < 959145918591909194919551956195719581959 19601961196219631969200920592459 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:40 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Herbie Teope
@HerbieTeope
·
Nov 25
Bucs coach Bruce Arians on Patrick Mahomes predraft: "He probably had the best workout of any kid I went and worked out personally. He and Andrew Luck were the two by far the best."

Herbie Teope
@HerbieTeope
·
Nov 25
More Bruce Arians on Patrick Mahomes predraft: "The day I worked out Patrick, I think the wind was blowing 35 or 45 mph and it didn't affect his ball at all. It was amazing down in Lubbock that day."
LOL, Arians missed on him when he had the chance
[Reply]
DRM08 12:45 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL, Arians missed on him when he had the chance
Cardinals were hoping to get him with the #13 pick. It turns out 3 teams would have taken him earlier with the Chiefs at #10, Saints at #11, and the Texans at #12.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:19 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Cardinals were hoping to get him with the #13 pick. It turns out 3 teams would have taken him earlier with the Chiefs at #10, Saints at #11, and the Texans at #12.
If he thought Mahomes would be great Arians would've leap froged in front of everyone like the Chiefs.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:29 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
‘We would have taken him’

Across the league, other teams reacted to the grenade dropped in the middle of the first round.

Steinberg believes, based on information he learned during and after the process more than guesswork, the Saints would have taken Mahomes with the 11th pick. In October, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported that Coach Sean Payton had informed Drew Brees that they might take his successor as the Bengals were on the clock, and Payton also said in a radio interview that Mahomes was a “target” of theirs at No. 11. Instead, with Mahomes off the board, they passed on other possible heirs — including Watson — and happily took cornerback Marshon Lattimore.

The Browns traded the 12th pick to the Texans, who took Watson and left the Cardinals out of luck at No. 13. Arizona had made its interest clear, so much that at the Mahomes family draft party, there was a Cardinals cap ready. They had been a “hot, hot team,” on Mahomes, Steinberg said, but the Chiefs outmaneuvered them.

“We would have taken him,” former Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said this fall. “Oh, there’s no doubt.”

The Cardinals’ inaction showed how well the Chiefs had concealed their affection for Mahomes. ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay recalled there being little to no industry scuttlebutt regarding the Chiefs’ interest in moving up for Mahomes.

“You never see it coming,” said Arians, who was hired this week as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. “They had Alex Smith. We never thought K.C. was going to jump in front of us. We thought Houston might move up. … I don’t think anybody in their mock draft would have had K.C. moving up for a quarterback with the type of year Alex Smith had. He was awesome.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...d-with-chiefs/
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:59 PM 11-27-2020
Mahomes in an Arians offense would have been dangerous.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:04 PM 11-27-2020
Wow, that last quote from Arians is kind of scary, and just goes to show you how risk-averse the NFL is in general.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:12 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Wow, that last quote from Arians is kind of scary, and just goes to show you how risk-averse the NFL is in general.
That's true, but I also think Arizona thought they could reasonably get him at their pick. Why move up if you don't have to?

Love what the Chiefs and Dorsey did to get Pat. ****ing brilliant.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:25 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That's true, but I also think Arizona thought they could reasonably get him at their pick. Why move up if you don't have to?

Love what the Chiefs and Dorsey did to get Pat. ****ing brilliant.
I was talking more about how convinced he was that the Chiefs didn't need Mahomes because they had Smith.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:38 PM 11-27-2020
This is going to be like Joe Montana being drafted. Everyone in the league will talk about how they loved Mahomes and planned to take him at the first possible opportunity and would have traded up to get him except for some unnamed executive at their organization who wouldn't allow it. Meanwhile, the NFL draft page listed him as the fourth-best QB prospect in 2017.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/pr...=ALL&year=2017
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:42 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This is going to be like Joe Montana being drafted. Everyone in the league will talk about how they loved Mahomes and planned to take him at the first possible opportunity and would have traded up to get him except for some unnamed executive at their organization who wouldn't allow it. Meanwhile, the NFL draft page listed him as the fourth-best QB prospect in 2017.

Wow. I don’t watch a lot of college football, but how could Nathan Peterman and Trubisky be rated higher than Mahomes coming out? That’s baffling.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:47 PM 11-27-2020

The guys that do the QB rankings for NFL.com are dinosaurs. They ranked Nathan Peterman almost as high as Mahomes because he took "snaps under center". They mention Mahomes was in Air Raid. Again, they were using a QB template from 20 years ago and not even doing it well.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:55 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The guys that do the QB rankings for NFL.com are dinosaurs. They ranked Nathan Peterman almost as high as Mahomes because he took "snaps under center". They mention Mahomes was in Air Raid. Again, they were using a QB template from 20 years ago and not even doing it well.
If you look at the weaknesses listed for Mahomes, most of those are actually things that make him great. They're only a weakness if you're looking for an average quarterback and trying to keep the floor high.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:56 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wow. I don’t watch a lot of college football, but how could Nathan Peterman and Trubisky be rated higher than Mahomes coming out? That’s baffling.
The Peterman equivalency is really odd, but Trubisky was pretty universally the highest rated quarterback in that class.

I bet Peterman has that web page laminated and hung on his wall.
[Reply]
crispystl 05:01 PM 11-27-2020
The Peterman equivalency is really odd, but Trubisky was pretty universally the highest rated quarterback in that class.

I bet Peterman has that web page laminated and hung on his wall.

I never understood why....I mean I guess he had all the measurables, but he only started a few games so his sample size was tiny. Even then I didn’t see anything from him to warrant drafting him as early as the Bears did. It really was mind bottling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 05:08 PM 11-27-2020
Patrick was going to go to a good spot no matter what. It was either Andy, Payton or Arians. All 3 are top level fits for him.
[Reply]
Page 1959 of 2683
« First < 959145918591909194919551956195719581959 19601961196219631969200920592459 > Last »
Up