ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 502 of 726
« First < 2402452492498499500501502 503504505506512552602 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:37 PM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This question is for the KU/KSU fans:

We've all heard that Texas wants WVU & OU wants Louisville. Who do you guys want? Has anyone even asked you or is this all on Texas/Oklahoma? Do you have any balls to standup to the big boys or do you just hope they lube you up when you bend over everyday? Do they even give you a reacharound before they shove the Big Bevo up your ass?
I think it is probably too late to get on Frazod's poll, if you aren't on it already, but you might pm a mod.

Why is Texas/Oklahoma any different than Alabama/LSU/Florida?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:40 PM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Alabama board thread on re-alignment.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=14&f=1016&t=8154620
OP sounds legit.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:49 PM 10-26-2011
Gotta love the B12. I think they are really really stable.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...big-12-network

LAWTON, Okla. -- Oklahoma officials say they don't understand how a proposed Big 12 Network could work considering that Texas already has an independent channel and the Sooners are working on one of their own.
University president David Boren told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Oklahoma still plans to form its own network and that he was surprised the Big 12 went public with the consideration of a conference network. The same third-tier television rights control what would be aired on either a school's channel or a conference channel.

Oklahoma intends to keep those rights -- just as Texas has in creating its Longhorn Network through a 20-year, $300 million deal with ESPN.

So how could the Big 12 form a network without its two most powerful programs?

"I don't know because I don't see quite how the conference network would work," Boren told the AP. "I'm confused by that myself."

Athletic director Joe Castiglione said he, too, was caught off-guard when the Big 12 announced Monday that there were discussions by the league's board of directors about creating a "conference dedicated TV network."

"I really don't have the information to support why they made that statement," Castiglione said, noting that athletic directors weren't part of the board meeting. "It has not been broached, or at least not recently."

"Maybe they're trying to build a consensus or excitement and anticipation," he added. "I don't know."

If recent developments in the Big 12 have shown anything, it's that the conference -- which has had its membership in flux for the past year and a half -- still seems to be in a state of confusion.

A U.S. senator from West Virginia issued a statement Wednesday suggesting an investigation might be necessary after the Mountaineers believed they had been extended an invitation to join the Big 12, only to find out that wasn't the case and Louisville might instead be targeted.

Even internally, there seem to be some mixed signals in the league.

"My understanding is that schools that have their own network, such as the Longhorn Network, that would continue to exist and that the other schools would just bundle their third-tier rights collectively and form their own channel representing multiple institutions," league spokesman Bob Burda said.

Many of the league's schools, including Oklahoma, already air their third-tier programming on the Internet or on television -- just not on a network dedicated solely to one school. That includes games from football, men's basketball and other sports that aren't picked up through the league's contracts with ABC/ESPN or Fox Sports.

"Well, a conference network is to offset the Longhorn Network. But I saw the Sooners, I saw where they said they'd do their own network," Oklahoma State booster T. Boone Pickens said.
"I don't know how this thing is going to turn out."

Boren said that Big 12 schools are in the process this week of signing and sending in their agreements to provide the conference their grant of television rights -- a move that would allow the league to keep a school's television revenue even if it leaves for another conference.

Boren refused to comment on the reports surrounding West Virginia and Louisville, including ones that linked him to conversations with Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell.

Pickens said he had a "long conversation" with McConnell on Wednesday morning, discussing his natural gas-oriented energy plan. He also said he'd have to "be convinced on West Virginia" as a potential new member of the conference.

"To me, you go out of here to West Virginia, you're going to go a long way," Pickens said. "I didn't like the Pac-10 for that reason. That's the only reason. I feel like the Pac-10 you were going to end up in the east division and play the same schools you played before, so why not just hold the 12 together?

"I still believe we can save the Big 12, but I still say that Texas is going to have to look like the rest of us in the Big 12 instead of looking like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I don't like that."
Pickens said the key is equal revenue sharing.

"Just get the same contract for everybody. Everybody's equal," Pickens said. "If you'd have had that, you wouldn't have lost the (Texas A&M) Aggies, you wouldn't have lost Nebraska and Colorado and it looks like Missouri's going. But it's because things are not equal is what it is."

Oklahoma State president Burns Hargis said he still hopes Missouri won't leave for the Southeastern Conference, but that feeling is dwindling.

"Honestly, I don't have a lot of confidence," Hargis told the AP. "I think it's gone on long enough that it'd be tough. But if they stay, that's great. If they leave, we'll figure something out. There's no shortage of teams interested in being in the Big 12."

Neither Hargis nor Boren would comment specifically on the West Virginia situation, except to say that the Big 12 has options. Boren steered around a question about a Kansas City Star report suggesting Texas supported West Virginia as a new Big 12 member while Oklahoma wanted Louisville.

"I can't confirm the accuracy or inaccuracy of that report. All I'd say is Texas and Oklahoma are working very well together right now," Boren said. "You can draw your conclusions from that.
"I know of no differences of opinion we have on any subject without saying who's for who and what's for what, but we're working very well together right now. All the members of the board are. So, we're just trying to sort it out."

One thing is certain: Hargis said if Missouri does leave, "we'll definitely replace them."

"I think we'd probably initially do 10 (members)," said Hargis, who is chairman of the Big 12 board of directors and sits on the expansion committee. "But that doesn't mean we won't go to 12."
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:52 PM 10-26-2011
Wow, who's on first?
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:53 PM 10-26-2011
Texas has its own network and the Sooners now are going to do one of their own. I guess the rest of the conference is sol
[Reply]
KcMizzou 09:56 PM 10-26-2011
Mizzou, you know what to do... GTFO.
[Reply]
rageeumr 09:58 PM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Wright's show is better
Word.

Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
St. John and Bukaty > fucking Fescoe.
And this, too.
[Reply]
Trevo_410 10:05 PM 10-26-2011
i apologize if this is a stupid question because i don't listen to sports radio that much but, it seems the only kc radio host, even the majority of the media, are percieved kU/kstate(fescoe/KK) homers or in between(wright, who is my usual favorite when i do listen). Is there any radio host that "favors" mizzou at all in kc?
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:12 PM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by Trevo_410:
i apologize if this is a stupid question because i don't listen to sports radio that much but, it seems the only kc radio host, even the majority of the media, are percieved kU/kstate(fescoe/KK) homers or in between(wright, who is my usual favorite when i do listen). Is there any radio host that "favors" mizzou at all in kc?
Steven St. John is a Mizzou guy. He hosts the "Border Patrol" with Nate Bukaty (KU guy) on 810 for the morning drive.

But yeah, that's it.
[Reply]
Bambi 10:31 PM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This question is for the KU/KSU fans:

We've all heard that Texas wants WVU & OU wants Louisville. Who do you guys want? Has anyone even asked you or is this all on Texas/Oklahoma? Do you have any balls to standup to the big boys or do you just hope they lube you up when you bend over everyday? Do they even give you a reacharound before they shove the Big Bevo up your ass?
This is why seeing you MU fans leave is good thing.

What a weirdo you are.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10-26-2011, 11:27 PM
This message has been deleted by |Zach|.
eazyb81 05:38 AM 10-27-2011
Tommy Tubberville recommends......

Drumroll please........................

Tulane and San Diego State.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf...oach_tomm.html

:-)
[Reply]
DeezNutz 05:52 AM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
Tommy Tubberville recommends......

Drumroll please........................

Tulane and San Diego State.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf...oach_tomm.html

:-)
Seriously, someone should shoulder tap this fool and tell him to keep his fucking mouth shut. Right now, it's imperative for the Big XII to work to reaffirm its brand name, and West-Texas dipshit is talking Tulane and San Diego State? If the current commissioner weren't 98, he should be looking to put a foot in Tommy's ass.
[Reply]
eazyb81 06:18 AM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
LAWTON, Okla. -- Oklahoma officials say they don't understand how a proposed Big 12 Network could work considering that Texas already has an independent channel and the Sooners are working on one of their own.

University president David Boren told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Oklahoma still plans to form its own network and that he was surprised the Big 12 went public with the consideration of a conference network. The same third-tier television rights control what would be aired on either a school's channel or a conference channel.

Oklahoma intends to keep those rights -- just as Texas has in creating its Longhorn Network through a 20-year, $300 million deal with ESPN.

So how could the Big 12 form a network without its two most powerful programs?

"I don't know because I don't see quite how the conference network would work," Boren told the AP. "I'm confused by that myself."

Athletic director Joe Castiglione said he, too, was caught off-guard when the Big 12 announced Monday that there were discussions by the league's board of directors about creating a "conference dedicated TV network."

"I really don't have the information to support why they made that statement," Castiglione said, noting that athletic directors weren't part of the board meeting. "It has not been broached, or at least not recently."
:-):-):-):-):-)

God I can't wait to leave this conference.
[Reply]
evenfall 07:31 AM 10-27-2011
Texas wants WV, OU wants Louisville. Nobody else's opinion matters.

Texas wants their own tv network. OU wants their own tv network. Nobody else's opinion matters.

Just sit down and play the Washington Generals like you are supposed to...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:49 AM 10-27-2011
This is why Missouri is leaving NOW rather than waiting. Waiting for this mess to finally blow up for the last time opens up the option that Texas or OU will go somewhere while bringing little brother along with them.
[Reply]
Page 502 of 726
« First < 2402452492498499500501502 503504505506512552602 > Last »
Up