ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 726
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210610 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Bambi 08:07 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
That's because you're retarded.
What are you 12?
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 08:08 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by Wickedson:
What are you 12?
No, but I feel required to think like a 12 year old to communicate with you.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:09 PM 09-26-2011
Damn Strait!

haha, excellent post.
[Reply]
Bambi 08:09 PM 09-26-2011
Why are you here? Are you a Chiefs fan?
[Reply]
alnorth 08:09 PM 09-26-2011
That's because you're retarded.
I would not say retarded, but yeah, WVU is much more attractive than UL
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 08:10 PM 09-26-2011
Why are you here? Are you a Chiefs fan?
Unfortunately. Now :-) n00b.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:10 PM 09-26-2011
Twitter is blowing up. Multiple sources. If this is true, Tigerboard is going to melt down with lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
[Reply]
Saul Good 08:11 PM 09-26-2011
I see nothing about this on PowerMizzou. Weird.
[Reply]
Brianfo 08:12 PM 09-26-2011
BURN
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:12 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Twitter is blowing up. Multiple sources. If this is true, Tigerboard is going to melt down with lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
This will be incredible.
[Reply]
Bambi 08:13 PM 09-26-2011
I would not say retarded, but yeah, WVU is much more attractive than UL
they are both tied at #164 in the us news & world report rankings, lol
[Reply]
alnorth 08:17 PM 09-26-2011
they are both tied at #164 in the us news & world report rankings, lol
That could be important if you are going to college for academic reasons. By that standard, Harvard ought to have a kick-ass football team.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 08:17 PM 09-26-2011
What are your search terms on twitter? I searched "west virginia sec" and "wvu" and got very little, just the Penn State Examiner tweeting the wvu might be sec bound.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:19 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
What are your search terms on twitter? I searched "west virginia sec" and "wvu" and got very little, just the Penn State Examiner tweeting the wvu might be sec bound.
I just did #WVU. We got a WVU blogger and two radio stations. Nothing very solid yet, so its not necessarily confirmed.
[Reply]
tk13 08:20 PM 09-26-2011
Yeah I don't see much. I see a tweet from Chip Brown saying the SEC anticipates being a 13 team league though.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 726
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160210610 > Last »
Up