ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 191
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:54 AM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
I want to like Worthy more than i do. /shrug.

I have concerns about him being a one-trick-pony. Because again, aside from angle-breaking speed, he didnt display a whole lot of much else at any significant quantity. And he's a bit stiff for a guy that's so slim and light.
Ok, this is just wrong. I am wrong about this, lol.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:53 PM 03-07-2024
Major clue alert.

#Chiefs HC Andy Reid mentions on the WR situation that the team needs guys who can play off Travis Kelce. Mentioned Sammy Watkins, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and Byron Pringle as past examples. Said that Rashee Rice grew into that last year.

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) March 7, 2024

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:00 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Major clue alert.

This quote, IIRC, is from the Florio/Simms interview from last week.

No, not a clue. Reid was explaining that that was what was missing early on, and as Rashee Rice grew into that role, the offense began to click more.

You can probably bet Rice will continue in that role next season. What the Chiefs dont have on the roster right now is a field stretcher to run the safeties out.

I wasnt a X.Worthy guy, but im warming up to him after watching that 53 minute video that detailed all of his targets.

Worthy takes the top off. The way defenses played him in college....the cushions they gave him out of respect for his speed. Quite frankly, a lot was left on the bone due to his QB just missing him streaking down the sidelines. His speed alone will create more room for Rice/Kelce to work off each other underneath etc.
[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 03-07-2024
Yeah...the speed is nice. I think he would be a nice mid level target as well.

I'd love to add a vet FA plus one of these young WR's int he draft.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:36 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Major clue alert.

Who comes to mind for you when you read this?

I'm thinking of guys like McConkey, Walker, or Burton. Feels like coach is saying we want a guy who can win in the middle range with route running.

What do you think?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:23 PM 03-07-2024
This quote, IIRC, is from the Florio/Simms interview from last week.

No, not a clue. Reid was explaining that that was what was missing early on, and as Rashee Rice grew into that role, the offense began to click more.

You can probably bet Rice will continue in that role next season. What the Chiefs dont have on the roster right now is a field stretcher to run the safeties out.

I wasnt a X.Worthy guy, but im warming up to him after watching that 53 minute video that detailed all of his targets.

Worthy takes the top off. The way defenses played him in college....the cushions they gave him out of respect for his speed. Quite frankly, a lot was left on the bone due to his QB just missing him streaking down the sidelines. His speed alone will create more room for Rice/Kelce to work off each other underneath etc.
I got about 15 minutes into that video and his stocks going up in my book. The good with the bad actually was beneficial. When ewers is good wotrhy is great. He looked smoother on a few screens than expected. He has a nice shimmy when he gets some blocks. In a nutshell he looks more complete than what just the highlights showed.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:27 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I got about 15 minutes into that video and his stocks going up in my book. The good with the bad actually was beneficial. When ewers is good wotrhy is great. He looked smoother on a few screens than expected. He has a nice shimmy when he gets some blocks. In a nutshell he looks more complete than what just the highlights showed.
Totally agree.

His highlights don't do him justice as to the kind of player he is and can be.

Some cons popped up too, but that's ok. Im more sold on him today than i was yesterday. I think the DeVonta Smith comps are pretty spot on.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 05:56 PM 03-07-2024
I would rather have Mitchell, whose game seems eerily similar to taller, faster AJ Brown to me. Overall, this board is way too low on him imo.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:35 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I would rather have Mitchell, whose game seems eerily similar to taller, faster AJ Brown to me. Overall, this board is way too low on him imo.
I think Worthy compliments what we have in place better. Rice can eat up the underneath and middle of the field. Worthy is quick enough to threaten the entire field but that insane 2.2 can only help Rice and Kelce be more productive.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 06:45 PM 03-07-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I think Worthy compliments what we have in place better. Rice can eat up the underneath and middle of the field. Worthy is quick enough to threaten the entire field but that insane 2.2 can only help Rice and Kelce be more productive.
We can get field stretchers from any number of places. Mitchell is a better football player. 40 pounds heavier, nearly as fast, much better craftsmanship at creating separation. Excellent tracking. He reads defenders and adjusts his routes to exploit them. He's my number four, even ahead of BTJ. Watch the Alabama game - I feel like you get a complete picture of who he is from that game.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:03 PM 03-08-2024
Here's a simple question around a guy we've neglected a bit....

If we go OT in RD #1 and Polk is there at #64, how do you feel about that pick?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:05 PM 03-08-2024
Who do we like most between Corley, Rice, Thrash, Corley, and J Wilson?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:18 PM 03-08-2024
I would make the argument that Corley is a great fit for us, but maybe not so much for other teams.

He's kind of a blend between Rice and McKinnon, bc he's a tough over the middle YAC type blended with a pass-catching RB. He could be a versatile weapon for Andy and Pat, I could imagine him in an Antonio Robinson or Deebo role. I think his skill set, I think his special stat is like 8.4 yards after contact lol crazy!, would translate to early production. I could imagine getting him the ball in the redzone a bunch of different ways. Maybe we don't need a 1k+ WR that runs a 4.2 with super crisp routes, maybe we need a guy that we can scheme a mismatch for and get a TD whenever we want yr 1.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:22 PM 03-08-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I don't see anything like the physicality of AJ Brown there.

I think he's got a shot at being a good player but I don't agree with the comp at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:45 PM 03-08-2024
Found the good shit.

Here's the same thing for Mitchell.

[Reply]
Page 138 of 191
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188 > Last »
Up