ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 72
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The race for the #1 seed in the AFC
BossChief 03:21 PM 11-06-2022
With Buffalo losing to NY today, if we beat Tennessee tonight we will be tied for 1st place in the AFC but Buffalo owns the head to head tiebreaker.

It’s going to be interesting to see the energy KC comes out with tonight.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 08:13 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Interested to see how it works out over the years if they don't keep tinkering with the format.

Something like 75-80% of 1 and 2 seeds have won the SB, so people assume it's the bye week that's so damn important.... my theory is there's just so little parity at the top, 2 seeds will have it just as easy of a time as they did before, outside of players staying healthy.

And you look at some of the awful 2 vs 7 games, like the Chiefs/Steelers scrimmage, and I can't really say playing the extra game mattered much.
KC doesn't have a good record with the #1 seed, grant it was mostly before Mahomes, still have residual PTSD.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:20 PM 12-16-2022
Week 15
Miami @ Buffalo
Bills win

Bengals @ Bucs
Bengals win

Week 16
Bills @ Bears
Bills win

Bengals @ Pats
Bengals win

Week 17
Bills @ Bengals
Bengals win

Chiefs win out

Buffalo - 12 -5
Bengals - 12 -5
Chiefs - 14 -3

Chiefs #1 seed
Bengals #2 seed
Bills #3 seed
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:31 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Week 15
Miami @ Buffalo
Bills win

Bengals @ Bucs
Bengals win

Week 16
Bills @ Bears
Bills win

Bengals @ Pats
Bengals win

Week 17
Bills @ Bengals
Bengals win

Chiefs win out

Buffalo - 12 -5
Bengals - 12 -5
Chiefs - 14 -3

Chiefs #1 seed
Bengals #2 seed
Bills #3 seed
The Bills only will have lost 4 games if they lose one more, no?
[Reply]
Stryker 08:43 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
My bad! YOU are correct!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:44 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Thank you for the correction! :-)
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 08:45 PM 12-16-2022
I doubt the Chiefs will be getting any help from Miami tomorrow.

Two great chances occur with Cin and NE

I wonder how they will flex the week 18 games.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:34 PM 12-16-2022
Just need to win out...and the rest will take care of itself. We have a pattern...lose AFCCG, next go and win SB, then go and lose SB, then lose AFCCG...we are on the next step from lose AFCCG...we are gonna win the SB...
[Reply]
cdcox 10:55 PM 12-16-2022
I've always thought the warm weather team thing was strange, because it's not like they're all from Miami or have even played there long.. just like players in Buffalo or wherever may not actually live in Buffalo and don't necessarily play in far more frigid games per year.

Yet, I was in SoCal for all of a month and the 60⁰ walks to the gym have started feeling colder than 60⁰ has ever felt, after just a few weeks of it being around 70-72 almost 24/7. :-)

Granted, if they think 55⁰ sucks in pads and while constantly moving around... seems extreme. They should have used it as a chance to acclimate a bit before going to Buffalo.
Costal California weather is just different. An overcast 55F with a little ocean breeze in SF feels like 40F anywhere else. We were there in May a few years ago and ended up buying medium weight jackets and still noped out of an evening cruise in the bay. It’s not anywhere near Buffalo cold, but if they popped out of the locker room in normal jerseys, yeah, they could be bone chilly standing on the sidelines.
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 10:59 PM 12-16-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Just need to win out...and the rest will take care of itself. We have a pattern...lose AFCCG, next go and win SB, then go and lose SB, then lose AFCCG...we are on the next step from lose AFCCG...we are gonna win the SB...
That would make me happy. As long it's not Brady.

I REALLY HATE MARK INGRAM!!!!

Even more than I hate Dee Ford.
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 11:02 PM 12-16-2022
BTW, for the NFL MVP this season, can it be given to whoever started the "Refs, you suck!" chant?
[Reply]
cdcox 11:05 PM 12-16-2022
Interested to see how it works out over the years if they don't keep tinkering with the format.

Something like 75-80% of 1 and 2 seeds have won the SB, so people assume it's the bye week that's so damn important.... my theory is there's just so little parity at the top, 2 seeds will have it just as easy of a time as they did before, outside of players staying healthy.

And you look at some of the awful 2 vs 7 games, like the Chiefs/Steelers scrimmage, and I can't really say playing the extra game mattered much.
That seems about right. Right now the four top ranked teams have a 73% chance of winning the Super Bowl. Of course the Eagles and Cowboys won’t be the 1 and 2 seeds in the NFC.

The Chiefs are one of a handful of teams that have a double-digit percent chance of winning the Super Bowl. That is all you can ask for at this time of year. Winning 3 or 4 straight games against top tier competition is just hard.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 01:47 AM 12-17-2022
It should be pointed out that since the NFL expanded the playoffs, no number one seed has won a playoff game.
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 01:48 AM 12-17-2022
It should be pointed out that since the NFL expanded the playoffs, no number one seed has won a playoff game. Then again, that's a very small sample size.
[Reply]
TLO 05:20 AM 12-17-2022
Originally Posted by dolphinsneu:
It should be pointed out that since the NFL expanded the playoffs, no number one seed has won a playoff game.
It should be pointed out that since the NFL expanded the playoffs, no number one seed has won a playoff game. Then again, that's a very small sample size.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:41 AM 12-17-2022

This isn't true.

They added the 7th seed for the 2020-2021 postseason. That year, KC and GB were the #1 seeds. Chiefs went to the SB and Packers went to the NFCCG.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 72
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up