ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2718 of 3903
« First < 1718221826182668270827142715271627172718 271927202721272227282768281832183718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:07 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Pretending to take measures but really doing nothing? That's what happened in Texas, at least...just mandatory masks in public indoors
I know some TX business owners who would disagree with your “pretending” comment.
[Reply]
jdubya 05:19 PM 07-26-2020
https://mobile.twitter.com/CNBC/stat...98014923309060
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:28 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
There's no use in posting anything pertaining to your bullshit. You're just the next ****ing idiot to post in this thread with some kind of agenda or a severe learning deficit or both.
If you had a lick of sense you'd thank the posters interacting with you for the education they handed you. But you won't. You might think you're slick, or smart but you're neither. Like I said, you're just the next idiot.
Again, you have nothing. And you prove it again. I'll ignore you from now on.

Congrats, first time I used this feature.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:37 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Unbelievable some people still think this is a common cold... Ignorance is still very prevalent in America unfortunately.
It is the problem with giving people information. There are far too many that cannot comprehend the entirety of the information so it makes them more ignorant.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:42 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I know some TX business owners who would disagree with your “pretending” comment.
Didn’t mean to downvote this post, sorry!
[Reply]
petegz28 06:56 PM 07-26-2020
So interesting convo I had at dinner last night with a gentleman who is working with local health systems on Covid testing. We discussed that the presumption was heat would kill the virus or slow it. I think that still holds true. At the time you saw places like Phoenix, SoCal, Houston and Florida start seeing rises in cases it was also the same time the heat kicked in and everyone went for the AC.

Basically heat doesn't do well for the virus but people don't sit out in the heat, they go inside to the AC.
[Reply]
Donger 07:12 PM 07-26-2020
The normal human body temperature of humans is 98.6. It seems that SARS-CoV-2 likes it hot. Most people would call 99 ambient "hot."

JFC. Is it Groundhog Day again.
[Reply]
TLO 07:23 PM 07-26-2020
Some like it hot... Some like it cold
[Reply]
O.city 07:30 PM 07-26-2020
It’s not that heat necessarily kills it, respiratory viruses don’t spread as well in humid hot conditions
[Reply]
Donger 07:40 PM 07-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’s not that heat necessarily kills it, respiratory viruses don’t spread as well in humid hot conditions
We discussed that the presumption was heat would kill the virus or slow it. I think that still holds true.

Respiratory viruses spread well when humans are in close proximity to each other.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:06 PM 07-26-2020
Covid is being determined to be a vascular virus and not a respiratory but people think they know things..

This is why you are not seeing it infect younger people like most respiratory viruses would but what the fuck do I know?
[Reply]
petegz28 09:15 PM 07-26-2020
I know it's Sunday and all but damn, you gotta go back to July 7th to see cases as low as they were today....that's a good sign if you need to be told....
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:05 PM 07-26-2020
Glad to see employees being looked out for

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...cvs/index.html
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:50 AM 07-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Covid is being determined to be a vascular virus and not a respiratory but people think they know things..

This is why you are not seeing it infect younger people like most respiratory viruses would but what the **** do I know?
Not much.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:15 AM 07-27-2020
https://www.sbpdiscovery.org/news/na...treat-covid-19

Originally Posted by :
Nature study identifies 21 existing drugs that could treat COVID-19

A Nature study authored by a global team of scientists and led by Sumit Chanda, Ph.D., professor at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, has identified 21 existing drugs that stop the replication of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

The scientists analyzed one of the world’s largest collections of known drugs for their ability to block the replication of SARS-CoV-2, and reported 100 molecules with confirmed antiviral activity in laboratory tests. Of these, 21 drugs were determined to be effective at concentrations that could be safely achieved in patients. Notably, four of these compounds were found to work synergistically with remdesivir, a current standard-of-care treatment for COVID-19.

“Remdesivir has proven successful at shortening the recovery time for patients in the hospital, but the drug doesn't work for everyone who receives it. That’s not good enough,” says Chanda, director of the Immunity and Pathogenesis Program at Sanford Burnham Prebys and senior author of the study. “As infection rates continue to rise in America and around the world, the urgency remains to find affordable, effective, and readily available drugs that can complement the use of remdesivir, as well as drugs that could be given prophylactically or at the first sign of infection on an outpatient basis.”

Extensive testing conducted

In the study, the research team performed extensive testing and validation studies, including evaluating the drugs on human lung biopsies that were infected with the virus, evaluating the drugs for synergies with remdesivir, and establishing dose-response relationships between the drugs and antiviral activity.

Of the 21 drugs that were effective at blocking viral replication, the scientists found:

13 have previously entered clinical trials for other indications and are effective at concentrations, or doses, that could potentially be safely achieved in COVID-19 patients.

Two are already FDA approved: astemizole (allergies), clofazamine (leprosy), and remdesivir has received Emergency Use Authorization from the agency (COVID-19).

Four worked synergistically with remdesivir, including the chloroquine derivative hanfangchin A (tetrandrine), an antimalarial drug that has reached Phase 3 clinical trials.

“This study significantly expands the possible therapeutic options for COVID-19 patients, especially since many of the molecules already have clinical safety data in humans,” says Chanda. “This report provides the scientific community with a larger arsenal of potential weapons that may help bring the ongoing global pandemic to heel.”

The researchers are currently testing all 21 compounds in small animal models and “mini lungs,” or lung organoids, that mimic human tissue. If these studies are favorable, the team will approach the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to discuss a clinical trial(s) evaluating the drugs as treatments for COVID-19.

“Based on our current analysis, clofazimine, hanfangchin A, apilimod and ONO 5334 represent the best near-term options for an effective COVID-19 treatment,” says Chanda. “While some of these drugs are currently in clinical trials for COVID-19, we believe it’s important to pursue additional drug candidates so we have multiple therapeutic options if SARS-CoV-2 becomes drug resistant.”

[Reply]
Page 2718 of 3903
« First < 1718221826182668270827142715271627172718 271927202721272227282768281832183718 > Last »
Up