ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFLPA initiates investigation into concussion protocols after Tua injury
tk13 03:37 PM 09-25-2022
This didn't take long.

NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 25, 2022

#Tua will be ruled out for @MiamiDolphins vs @BuffaloBills.
Outward signs of head injury means ruled out even if clears the concussion protocol. pic.twitter.com/Lj2AKO5D1A

— David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc (@ProFootballDoc) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:55 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Im assuming Tua lied to the independent neurologist and the neurologist took it as "good enough for me".
That's a pretty big...and silly...assumption.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:56 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
It's just as viable as anything else being tossed around right now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 09-30-2022
Interdasting.
So the possible conclusion here is that he passed the protocol and the team decided to put him back in.

If so, then it IS on the team. He may have cleared the protocol but there still has to be some common sense applied.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:58 AM 09-30-2022
Oh because players don't do everything they can to return to the field, including lying about their symptoms, eh?

The idea that a player could pass the tests and lie and STILL have had head trauma just doesn't register as possible to you?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:00 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
It's just as viable as anything else being tossed around right now.
Your post above pretty much contradicts your other post saying that such a thing isn't reasonable, so ok.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:01 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So the possible conclusion here is that he passed the protocol and the team decided to put him back in.

If so, then it IS on the team. He may have cleared the protocol but there still has to be some common sense applied.
Agreed.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:03 AM 09-30-2022
Oh because players don't do everything they can to return to the field, including lying about their symptoms, eh?

The idea that a player could pass the tests and lie and STILL have had head trauma just doesn't register as possible to you?
Assuming that the independent neurologist hired to examine players didn't do an exam and instead just said "good enough for me" after Tua told him "I'm good" seems pretty ridiculous.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:06 AM 09-30-2022
Assuming that the independent neurologist hired to examine players didn't do an exam and instead just said "good enough for me" after Tua told him "I'm good" seems pretty ridiculous.
Im obviously paraphrasing here dude, jesus christ.

Yes, Cosmo. I think the doctor said, "you good bro? Cool, now go win one for the gipper!"

:-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:11 AM 09-30-2022
Im obviously paraphrasing here dude, jesus christ.

Yes, Cosmo. I think the doctor said, "you good bro? Cool, now go win one for the gipper!"

I really don't think I read too much into what you wrote. My bad, I guess.
Im assuming Tua lied to the independent neurologist and the neurologist took it as "good enough for me".

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:20 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Dolphins staff discussing Tua’s status for next week:

[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:02 AM 09-30-2022
any new news?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:03 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

That is how I see it too. The doctors have a minimum standard based on really imperfect information. But the team should know better. Putting him back in the game is one thing but throwing him back in on a short week for a mostly meaningless regular season game is something else entirely. And it’s not helping matters that McDaniel insists on playing completely by the book that just because he received clearance they are totally in the clear. No, a team can and should exercise precautions.
[Reply]
KCJake 11:29 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
2pac Tagovailoa:

Post of the year.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:32 AM 09-30-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Dolphins staff discussing Tua’s status for next week:

God Damn it Reggie Ray.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 11:57 AM 09-30-2022
I just hope Chris Jones hits Brady so hard, that Tom throws up gang signs.

j/k
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up