ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 38
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs attended WR OBJ’s private workout today
Dante84 07:46 PM 03-10-2023

Teams represented at Odell Beckham Jr.'s private workout in Arizona today included the Panthers, Giants, Patriots, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Vikings, Browns and Ravens, per source.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) March 10, 2023

Everybody almost ran out after this one… ������ @obj pic.twitter.com/Lya6wg7wuN

— Prince Amukamara (@PrinceAmukamara) March 11, 2023

Odell Beckham Jr showing off the hands and the speed for several NFL teams in the private workout today in Arizona.

Looks pretty good running after undergoing ACL surgery last year.pic.twitter.com/t1ZITirzRK

— Doug Rush (@TheDougRush) March 11, 2023

Talked to a few people who attended Odell Beckham's workout. One noted how noticeably muscular Beckham looks now, likening him to a combination of Saquon Barkley and Deebo Samuel. Another said Beckham is simply a gifted athlete and that hasn't changed. Explosion was there.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:02 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He will go to highest bidder and that won't be us.
What if there are no high bids?

That's where we come into play. Teams are being much smarter with their money this offseason. Nobody is giving this dude more than a 1 year, $5-6 million deal with incentives. If they were, he would have signed already. Dallas is already out.

If he was smart, he'd make the choice to come play with the best QB the game has ever seen and make himself some bling next year, because it simply isn't coming for him this time around.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:08 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
What if there are no high bids?

That's where we come into play. Teams are being much smarter with their money this offseason. Nobody is giving this dude more than a 1 year, $5-6 million deal with incentives. If they were, he would have signed already. Dallas is already out.

If he was smart, he'd make the choice to come play with the best QB the game has ever seen and make himself some bling next year, because it simply isn't coming for him this time around.
Jerry could still waffle a few more times on OBJ. It's actually his style to go back and forth several times on any big decision like this.
[Reply]
Balto 04:09 PM 03-19-2023
Would you all consider OBJ and Hopkins both JuJu Replacements or would you want them more downfield like a MVS role?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:18 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Would you all consider OBJ and Hopkins both JuJu Replacements or would you want them more downfield like a MVS role?
Either could do everything JJSS did and a lot more. DHop would be the better boundary/deep option, I think. Chris Simms said that OBJ was a little bit limited in what he could do recently vs. what he was a few years ago. But that was before the workout clips. I think that was back in December, actually. But he broke down how McVay was using OBJ in 2021, and how he designed plays for OBJ that minimized that issue. Again, that tape was before the 2nd surgery.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 04:30 PM 03-19-2023
They'd both be upgrades on paper but of course it depends how much they want and how much Arizona demands for DHop.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:32 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Jerry could still waffle a few more times on OBJ. It's actually his style to go back and forth several times on any big decision like this.
I can't see it, they're on the hook for 12 million with Cooks right now, I don't know how they fit him in. I really think Odell is getting gut checked pretty hard right now, and he's coming to KC on a 1-year deal pissed off and looking to get paid next year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:39 PM 03-19-2023
I can't see it, they're on the hook for 12 million with Cooks right now, I don't know how they fit him in. I really think Odell is getting gut checked pretty hard right now, and he's coming to KC on a 1-year deal pissed off and looking to get paid next year.
Probably you're right about Jerry and DAL. But he's crazy enough to change his mind regardless. Cooks could be a pricey sales tactic as well.

Whichever, OBJ doesn't feel right to me. He's not Ring-chasing, and he's always been a boundary WR more than anything. Less versatile. But Andy would make him work in the offense, I'm sure, so who knows?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:53 PM 03-19-2023
If Dallas got cooks instead, OBJ must be asking for WAY too much. I'm guessing Burt might dangle 1-$9, 2-$20 or something like that with incentives.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:56 PM 03-19-2023
OBJ looks like he came back built ready to play JuJu's role, actually.

He said he was offered around $4m from someone, and complained publicly that he never asked for $20m but $6m only leaves him with $3m after the "tax man" implying that wouldn't be enough either.

He's still A LOT cheaper option than Hopkins, and if he can stay healthy he'd probably out perform JuJu on a prove it type contract around $7m-$10m.

Bills, Browns, or Ravens seem logical to me. Maybe the Jets? Including us, all have between $12m-$14m in cap space accept the Ravens only have $7.5 but probably need him the most.
[Reply]
Balto 04:59 PM 03-19-2023
Its a hard one for me. If OBJ is really only gonna cost around $8-$10M and Hopkins would be about $20M plus trade compensation.

Just for shits and grins, a MVS trade/cut would save us $7M. Do you send MVS out in a Hopkins trade and then use that money to sign OBJ?

Kelce
Hopkins
OBJ
Toney
Moore
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:02 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably you're right about Jerry and DAL. But he's crazy enough to change his mind regardless. Cooks could be a pricey sales tactic as well.

Whichever, OBJ doesn't feel right to me. He's not Ring-chasing, and he's always been a boundary WR more than anything. Less versatile. But Andy would make him work in the offense, I'm sure, so who knows?
The thing is, he gives you so much flexibility going forward. You sign him and a veteran Remmers type RT, and you go into the draft literally wide open. You can do whatever the hell you want and you didn’t trade any of your picks.

Andy and Pat would make OBJ more successful than he’s been in years. If he wants to get paid, he’d be wise to come here and make it happen.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:20 PM 03-19-2023
The thing is, he gives you so much flexibility going forward. You sign him and a veteran Remmers type RT, and you go into the draft literally wide open. You can do whatever the hell you want and you didn’t trade any of your picks.

Andy and Pat would make OBJ more successful than he’s been in years. If he wants to get paid, he’d be wise to come here and make it happen.
Can't really argue with you. those are all good points.

It's just a gut feeling for me. OBJ just doesn't feel right to me, because he's more limited at this stage of his career, he's primarily a boundary guy, and his personality doesn't necessarily fit in with the culture in KC.

And DHop is Ring-chasing. He is more versatile, in that he can play both inside and out. He's a very good run-blocker.

But he would cost more, and we'd essentially be married to him for at least 2 years, probably a couple more than that. And he may not be an ideal culture fit either. I think he'd probably fit better, but he might not. Both of them are quintessential Alpha-type WRs.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 05:34 PM 03-19-2023
Its a hard one for me. If OBJ is really only gonna cost around $8-$10M and Hopkins would be about $20M plus trade compensation.

Just for shits and grins, a MVS trade/cut would save us $7M. Do you send MVS out in a Hopkins trade and then use that money to sign OBJ?

Kelce
Hopkins
OBJ
Toney
Moore
I could be wrong but I thought I read the window to cut MVS was third day of the new league year. That receiving corps you posted above just wouldn't even be fair. Kadarious Toney as an afterthought and #4 receiving option...good lawd!
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:38 PM 03-19-2023

Kelce
Hopkins
OBJ
Toney
Moore
The NFL would probably declare this line up unfair and nix it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:41 PM 03-19-2023
LET'S RIDE

I wouldn’t be surprised if Odell or D hop go to the chiefs… I wouldn’t be surprised if both guys go to the chiefs

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) March 19, 2023

[Reply]
Page 19 of 38
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up