Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing Melvin Gordon
Prison Bitch 07:53 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Touches per fumble

Gordon 72
Kelce 71
Pacheco 34
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
We've already put clown shoes on you, just stop it.
:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:18 PM 11-28-2022
In the next episode of what were they thinking.....I'm twisting all about looking for an angle here....help me out brothas
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 05:23 PM 11-28-2022
I heard Gordon will be returning punts.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:28 PM 11-28-2022
This shouldn't be that surprising, realistically Gordon is the exact prototype RB that this offense is built for. They'll likely take a look and see what he can do, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a guy like him on the practice squad. It's very likely this indicates CEH is probably not coming off IR this year.

Considering that reality, what happens if Pacheco or McKinnon goes down? This gives the Chiefs an "In Case of Emergency" option. Jerick has been great for us but you never know when he's going to get banged up, his history shows you have to have a plan in place.

Once again, Reid and Veach have earned the right to do whatever the hell they want. If they think Gordon can help us, I'll trust their judgement.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:32 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This shouldn't be that surprising, realistically Gordon is the exact prototype RB that this offense is built for. They'll likely take a look and see what he can do, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with having a guy like him on the practice squad. It's very likely this indicates CEH is probably not coming off IR this year.

Considering that reality, what happens if Pacheco or McKinnon goes down? This gives the Chiefs an "In Case of Emergency" option. Jerick has been great for us but you never know when he's going to get banged up, his history shows you have to have a plan in place.

Once again, Reid and Veach have earned the right to do whatever the hell they want. If they think Gordon can help us, I'll trust their judgement.
He's a far better fit than Ronald Jones is.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:29 PM 11-28-2022
Fucker better never see the field.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:32 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fucker better never see the field.
How's his pass pro? If it's better than Pacheco's and Jet's, I bet he sees the field.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:31 PM 11-28-2022
I like the Bryan Edwards move, low risk talent with some upside.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:35 PM 11-28-2022
I TRUST BART VATCH HAS A FIRM GRIP ON THE STIUATION!

DIDN'T WANT TO LET THIS GUY SLIP THROUGH OUR FINGERTIPS.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:38 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I TRUST BART VATCH HAS A FIRM GRIP ON THE STIUATION!

DIDN'T WANT TO LET THIS GUY SLIP THROUGH OUR FINGERTIPS.
He's playing 4d Chess to the worry warts here
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:48 PM 11-28-2022
There’s no good reason NOT to sign him
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:58 PM 11-28-2022
So, hear me out…
I originally was meh about this. Buuuuttttt

We flat out suck at running in the red zone. And I hate that McKinnon is our red zone RB. Much as I like Pacheco I’m not sure if he’s reliable enough in short yardage. As a third down RB fumbles can be less costly. As a short yardage back we can force him to use two hands and hold on for dear life.

It’s a gamble. Same time I’m kind of tired of all the circus shit we have to do just to scrap for 1 or 2 yards these days. It’s something we never recovered from after losing Kareem. And last week is a reminder that our running game has been virtually useless all season long in the red zone. Covered up by creative playcalling and a qb who often has to run through fire just to get the same few yards many teams routinely get from a power rb
[Reply]
Rausch 06:01 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So, hear me out…
I originally was meh about this. Buuuuttttt

We flat out suck at running in the red zone. And I hate that McKinnon is our red zone RB. Much as I like Pacheco I’m not sure if he’s reliable enough in short yardage. As a third down RB fumbles can be less costly. As a short yardage back we can force him to use two hands and hold on for dear life.
I feel confident in the fullback to get 2 yards or less. Either the line blocks or it doesn't. There's no Marcus Allen on this team...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:31 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I feel confident in the fullback to get 2 yards or less. Either the line blocks or it doesn't. There's no Marcus Allen on this team...
That hasn’t been as good as it used to be, just as our underhand shovel has been snuffed out. And it doesn’t help us in the red zone where we need yards but have a short field.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:05 PM 11-28-2022
This is an Intel signing. No way Reid is putting the ball in a big time fumbler hands.

The titans got Conley off our practice squad two weeks before we played them. Released him after they played us.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up