ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 51
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
RunKC 05:37 PM 09-11-2022
Quick turnaround. Amazon’s new platformed TNF

First thought: love the offense now. Worries about injuries and OT’s. Mack and Bosa had a combined 4.5 sacks today. But they played the Raiders OL.

They won but nearly lost to a bad team. Very beatable IMO
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:34 PM 09-12-2022
Almost at end of day, just wanted to say FUCK THE CHARGERS... I hope we dump a fat load on them cum thursday
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:34 PM 09-12-2022
What happened to Brown that he's limited?

And Juju is probably just a continuation of his previous issues. As long as he can play, he'll be fine.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:37 PM 09-12-2022
Expect a nailbiter, these games always are regardless of who is or isn't injured
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:44 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Expect a nailbiter, these games always are regardless of who is or isn't injured
Nope we will be up 28-10 at the half
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:31 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Nope we will be up 28-10 at the half
I wouldn't be surprised.

I think people are expecting this team to be on par with the teams of the last few years, and thus expecting games like this to be dogfights, but I think this team may be different.
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:26 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Harrison Butker and Trent McDuffie did not practice today.

Orlando Brown, Trey Smith, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and Justin Watson were limited.
They didn't practice today. Is that an official report?
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 05:39 PM 09-12-2022
I need some advice.

On Sunday I put my KC Chiefs flag out by my front door. It hangs at about a 45 degree angle. My custom is to put it out on game day and it stays out overnight following a regular season win. Its up for the entirety we are in the post season.

Anyway, I realized today, that Sunday I had hung it upside down. We won.

Do I have to continue hanging it upside down for the rest of the season?
[Reply]
philfree 05:47 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
There is a injury report

https://www.chiefs.com/news/week-2-i...chargers-x0626.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:55 PM 09-12-2022
I really believe that the Chargers equal the Bills
that being said....**** the Chargers
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:01 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Agreed.

Also, and maybe i'm wrong here, but was Jaylen Watson seeing all the snaps when McDuffie went out rather than Joshua Williams?
Correct. Watson played outside in the nickel packages, which was the predominant package. Sneed in the slot.

When they went base, Sneed played outside and Watson was taken off the field.

Once the game got out of hand, Williams got snaps.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:03 PM 09-12-2022
I was in San Diego twice in my 20s for work. Could have had a job there. The weather was so nice, and everything was so expensive. Anyways, I feel for the Chargers fans that lost their team. That has to really feel bad. Like KC and the A's.

Still wish the stupid Dolphins had drafted Herbert instead of Tua. Oh well, a well fought match is better than a walk off... Said no one on the winning team. They will be a thorn in the Chiefs side as the Chiefs will return the favor.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:03 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Harrison Butker and Trent McDuffie did not practice today.

Orlando Brown, Trey Smith, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and Justin Watson were limited.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What happened to Brown that he's limited?

And Juju is probably just a continuation of his previous issues. As long as he can play, he'll be fine.
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Originally Posted by philfree:
There is a injury report

https://www.chiefs.com/news/week-2-i...chargers-x0626.

I'm not sure what happened to Brown, but they didn't actually practice today.

These quick turnaround weeks, they have to start providing injury reports on Monday even though there is no on-the-field practice on Monday, so they're just making estimations.

Tuesday is when Andy Reid goes before the press and the injury assessment is more concrete.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:05 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I wouldn't be surprised.

I think people are expecting this team to be on par with the teams of the last few years, and thus expecting games like this to be dogfights, but I think this team may be different.
It sure looks from Week 1 that the Chiefs may have improved.

The Chargers absolutely improved, though. This is an arms race, 100%.

By the time this season's behind us, though, they will be entering cap hell because you have to pay Herbert more money than God.

Meanwhile, our cap will be exploding open.

Veach, baby.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:23 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Anyway!

This game will be fascinating, because I have these teams down as evenly matched.

Full strength, I'm a big believer in the Chargers, but losing Keenan Allen again turns their amazing offense into a merely very good offense. And if that's the case, we should be able to gum up their works enough, even without McDuffie on the field. Our secondary is deeper in talent than their WR room.

Can the DL hold up against the run. Can Bolton and Gay improve on their run fits from Week 1. The Chargers run game looks to be a lot stronger on paper than it was last year. If the DL can mostly manage the run game (that is a big if), then I think we have what it takes to take this game more often than not. My fear is that the Chargers run game is on, and it compromises our secondary's integrity and now the game is wide open.

I am going to safely assume that they're going to give Wylie a ton of help to manage Mack and Bosa, and this is the first game OBJ has to prove his mettle, because we just don't have the manpower to give him a lot of help. If he can hold up on an island, I think we take this game more often than not. If OBJ struggles, the offense is going to get gummed up.

But if Mahomes consistently gets a pocket, can he consistently beat 8-man drops with a spy? The Chargers are not idiots, they're not going to blitz him 50% of the time like the Cardinals did. And even without JC Jackson, they're deep in the secondary. This is going to be the first clear indication of how good this WR room is.

I want to see injury reports before I weigh in on this game. But I still think these teams are about equal with maybe a leg up for the Chiefs, given that there's no Keenan Allen in this game.
:-)

Run fits-lol Cards RB's gained less than 75 yards and they held the midget to 29 yards on the ground. The Cards had 7 points deep into the 3rd quarter. Even after garbage yards- it was a dominating performance.

If you need to see an injury report to pick the Chiefs, you are an idiot!
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:26 PM 09-12-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Idk, OBJ looked pretty bad, and it caused Patrick to roll out to his right more.
Zero sacks and Mahomes had a career day. The run game was dominating as well.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 51
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up