ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>11 Years ago today ...Matt Cassel had the Chiefs off to a
DTVietnam 08:40 PM 09-26-2021
3-0 start and threw 3 TDs to beat the 49ers.

"Could this bunch be for real?

Dominating in every phase, the Chiefs got three touchdown passes from Matt Cassel and sacked Alex Smith five times Sunday en route to a 31-10 victory over the winless San Francisco 49ers. The Chiefs are 3-0 for the first time since 2003.

Cassel was 16 for 27 for 250 yards. He connected with Dexter McCluster on a 31-yard run-and-catch and fired a perfect 45-yard strike to a wide-open Dwayne Bowe off a fake end-around.

Rookie tight end Tony Moeaki put Kansas City on top 24-3 late in the third with a great falling down, one-handed catch of Cassel's 18-yard toss.

"It was exciting," the rookie tight end said. "Matt just threw a really great ball and put it in a great spot. I just tried to make the catch."

[Reply]
Bowser 09:09 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I knew we were in trouble when Weis quit the night before the game.
I forgot that part, lol.

It's easy to see now, but what a toxic fucking mess Pioli and Haley were. Clark should sue to get their wages back for false advertising of their qualifications/abilities.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:10 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Cassel threw for 73 yards that day. We signed Kevin Curtis mid-week and he started at receiver for us in that game. Jamaal Charles went off in the first quarter and was not heard of the rest of the game. The Ravens beat the hell out of us 37-7 in our house in the playoffs.

I gave up buying tickets after that game, and they were sweet ass seats.
And did the same three years later against the Colts.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 09:13 PM 09-26-2021
This full game (9ers @ Chiefs 2010wk3) is on youtube in 720p btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gobrToDkSLQ
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:16 PM 09-26-2021
Haha, perfect perspective.

I will say that Moeaki catch was one of the best ever by a Chief.

It was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:17 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Ah, the good ol days. Zero expectations. Every win was a gift and every loss a manner of day to day living.

Donko & Faider fans today.

[Reply]
Jerm 09:25 PM 09-26-2021
Moeaki is one of those guys I’ll always wonder what could’ve been….
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:00 PM 09-26-2021
Forget his work with Tom Brady... the finest work of Charlie Weis' career is that 2010 season, somehow making Casshole play like a Pro Bowl-caliber QB.

He can use that to cover over the Notre Dame/Kansas HC fiascos on his career resume.
[Reply]
scho63 08:54 AM 09-27-2021
Haha, perfect perspective.

I will say that Moeaki catch was one of the best ever by a Chief.
The Jon Baldwin catch behind the DB's back was impressive too even though it didn't count. It was his one and only highlight, similar to Brokeaki :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:07 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It was amazing.

The one good play Brokeiaki made during his brief Chiefs career.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:10 AM 09-27-2021
That season I remember being in a hotel room in downtown St. Louis. The Chiefs were getting ready to play the Rams in the "Whatever We're Calling The Sponsor This Week" dome. Casshole has an appendix removed and was questionable as to whether he would play. This was before Casshole became the Casshole we all now know and loathe. I was in the very top row near the roof in the dome in the end zone. There was a play late in the fourth quarter where they handed off to Jamaal Charles on the Chiefs 20 yard line and he broke a run 80 yards for a game winning TD. He ran in a beeline right to me in the end zone. The Chiefs made the playoffs (it was a very big deal) then got crushed by Baltimore at home. My dad died a week later. He never saw the Chiefs get back to the Super Bowl. So that time was both very happy and very sad for me. Seems like yesterday.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:17 AM 09-27-2021
I forgot that part, lol.

It's easy to see now, but what a toxic ****ing mess Pioli and Haley were. Clark should sue to get their wages back for false advertising of their qualifications/abilities.
Yep. I remember Whitlock writing those columns back in 2009-10 about how arrogant Haley and Pioli were without having proved a damn thing. Non of us believed it at the time. Not until around 2011.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:09 AM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Moeaki is one of those guys I’ll always wonder what could’ve been….
Didnt he end up in Sea and was basically useless except in one game against us?
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:25 AM 09-27-2021
Little did we know of the monster that was waiting around the corner
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 11:35 AM 09-27-2021
Cassel threw for 73 yards that day. We signed Kevin Curtis mid-week and he started at receiver for us in that game. Jamaal Charles went off in the first quarter and was not heard of the rest of the game. The Ravens beat the hell out of us 37-7 in our house in the playoffs.

I gave up buying tickets after that game, and they were sweet ass seats.
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
And did the same three years later against the Colts.
In the ravens game, Jamaal was injured a few minutes into the third quarter when 370lb Terrance Cody squashed him. Despite a fumble, JC did everything he could to put the team on his back, including forcing and recovering a fumble on a ravens DB who intercepted one of cassel's lobs over the middle to Moeaki.

In the Colts game he got concussed from a helmet to helmet hit. WTF do you want from him.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:41 AM 09-27-2021
A couple of years later, during the Arrowhead Blackout and the Fire Pioli banners...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up