ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 146
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:46 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Doesn't that depend on whether Philly blitzes? Screen passes are most effective when the other team has committed many players to pass rush.

The run game is the best way to stop a great pass rush. The OL has to man up for this game.
Good news for us is that the Eagles aren’t great against the run. We’ve ran really effectively against teams who have similar run defenses to the Eagles.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:50 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I feel good about Spagnuolo vs. what is still a relatively inexperienced QB.

I feel good about our RB's and the possibility that between the passing game and running game we can attack this defenses' apparent weaknesses with them.

I am very concerned about their pass rush.

I am very concerned about our pass rush relative to their offensive line, which is very, very good.

I am very concerned about the relative health and effectiveness of our preferred WR's.

I feel good about Watson returning so at least we have the size and speed rather than Marcus Kemp out there if Juju and Toney can't go.
Dude, I've been seeing your posts on this game and you sound straight up scared.

I think you're overrating the Eagles a bit, and ignoring that they've played absolutely nobody.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:52 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Heavy screen game needs to be the plan of attack. Mitigate the pass rush entirely.
Hard to screen pass against a zone team, though. At least with traditional zones.

The Eagles do like to send 5 a lot. It will be interesting to see if their DC switches that up while facing Mahomes. It's hard to imagine he will considering they have had so much success
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:52 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude, I've been seeing your posts on this game and you sound straight up scared.

I think you're overrating the Eagles a bit, and ignoring that they've played absolutely nobody.
Hey at least he wasn't blaming the refs 6 days before the actual game...
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Hard to screen pass against a zone team, though. At least with traditional zones.

The Eagles do like to send 5 a lot. It will be interesting to see if their DC switches that up while facing Mahomes. It's hard to imagine he will considering they have had so much success
Our visiting Eagles fans did say that their DC doesn't like the change things up much.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:57 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Hey at least he wasn't blaming the refs 6 days before the actual game...
Well yea, those guys are just cowards, Meck isn't.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:00 AM 02-06-2023
Mahomes isn’t going three Super Bowls without a complete great game. Mahomes going at least 350 and 4 TDs. Don’t think Eagles keep up with that.
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 10:01 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
They added Kyzir White as well and he's been playing well at LB.

TJ Edwards and Brandon Graham both played out of their minds this year and put up their best seasons ever.

Edwards is slow though and won't be able to keep up to Kelce. White isn't overly quick either, honestly, which is why he had to move from safety to LB.

Their constant rushing of 5 to get Reddick home could be what puts the dagger in them though. Mahomes slaughters the blitz.
The Eagles are 18th in blitzing percentage. That's not how they get pressure. They more often only rush 4 and still get home. No doubt Mahomes is the best QB they've faced all year, and he'll get his, but the Philly defense's goal is to just make the windows to throw into as small as possible. We'll see if that works out this game. If the front 4 can't get to Mahomes often enough, he'll have a big day against the zone coverages and Kelce with have 120 and 2 TDs. But if the Dline can do what they've done all year and force mistakes and turnovers, the Eagles will have a chance.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:03 AM 02-06-2023
Our visiting Eagles fans did say that their DC doesn't like the change things up much.
I would give the Eagles major props if they switch up the approach they've had so much success with, proactively.

That would be hard to move away from.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:13 AM 02-06-2023
Took a quick peek at what seems to be the leading Eagles board.

Lot of confidence there, and I understand it. I don't think they're crediting how much of their sack totals were driven by below-average QBs with bad awareness holding the ball.

Lot of references to handling Daniel Jones. LOL. Which I think says a lot about the QBs they've faced this season.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:26 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Took a quick peek at what seems to be the leading Eagles board.

Lot of confidence there, and I understand it. I don't think they're crediting how much of their sack totals were driven by below-average QBs with bad awareness holding the ball.

Lot of references to handling Daniel Jones. LOL. Which I think says a lot about the QBs they've faced this season.
Their boards seem weak, which one is the prevalent message board?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:33 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Eaglesmessageboard.com seems to be their most highly trafficked one.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:39 AM 02-06-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Let’s face it. Every NFL board is weak compared to this one.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:51 AM 02-06-2023
If they play zone, Kelce's going to get open. If they play man and send five, we're going to carve them up with screen passes to wide receivers and running backs. I also think we'll run the ball much better than we did against the Bengals. I just don't see our offense struggling here, at least to move the ball.

The question for me is still how we match-up defensively. I think we'll blitz because Spgas always does until the QB proves he can beat it consistently. Our defensive ends will have to play smart on the read option run game. And our linebackers/slot DBs will have to take away the easy RPO throws without cheating too much against the run. How you do all of that without giving up big plays to Brown/Smith is a challenge.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:53 AM 02-06-2023
Matt Verderame talked about this a bit. Says their DC is the opposite of Spags. Doesn’t like to blitz and loves to play zone.

Unless our tackles massively struggle, we’re going to kill them
[Reply]
Page 79 of 146
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129 > Last »
Up