ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 94
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Bambi 09:07 PM 03-09-2014
Thought the finale was great. What a show.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 10:21 PM 03-09-2014
Not many guys can bring a drywall hatchet to a gun fight and, for a moment at least, come out on top.
[Reply]
KevB 10:33 PM 03-09-2014
Riveting stuff from beginning to end. I'm already looking forward to watching it through again. The only loose end I didn't like not having addressed was his daughter's involvement. Too much smoke not to have some fire there.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:34 PM 03-09-2014
Super dark - loved this thing.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 10:35 PM 03-09-2014
Yeah, I had to watch the last scene over again. It hit me on a level I didn't expect, given my personal history.
[Reply]
aturnis 10:52 PM 03-09-2014
I think the daughters problems were all just a result of him be a poor father.
[Reply]
KevB 10:59 PM 03-09-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
I think the daughters problems were all just a result of him be a poor father.
Eh, more specifically the barbie scene and the pictures she drew.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:07 PM 03-09-2014
Great show... what an ending. Loved it
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:23 AM 03-10-2014
Remember, Marty said " they're not going to catch them all. They got their guy."

Politics played itself out as nothing, as of now, is happening to the Tuttle family or the Childress family.

Yes, it means the 5 horsemen are still out there - unless the Lawnmower Man knew who they were and had tortured and killed them over the years? You'll recall the show mentions a number of older guys who have ties to our 2 psycho families that are dead now- no mention of how.

The final one of the 5 being the old man strapped down to the bed that had clear signs of torturing- the mouth sewn shut, and it looked like cuts and burns, from maybe cigarettes or a cigar on his torso, at the least. We were never informed who he was, and that's not who tLM targets - women and children.

It doesn't mean Marty's daughter wasn't still a victim of the Five Horsemen at some point.

We just don't get a resolution about that on screen. Once the investigation goes forward with the Feds now involved, that political cover for the Tuttle family or the Childress family probably dries up pretty quick, and they'll be brought down once the evidence is pieced together.

Overall. Straight forward final episode, but didn't cheat us or disappoint with its end. We got a messy resolution, because real life is messy.

Fabulous show from start to end.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 12:23 AM 03-10-2014
That was awesome. I love how the show's focus was on the characters and the intrigue of the actual case/mystery was more of a backdrop.

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
It doesn't mean Marty's daughter wasn't still a victim of the Five Horsemen at some point.
It's a bridge too far. The minute similarities were just fantastic writing calling on imagery and parallelism, you're taking it too literal.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:15 AM 03-10-2014
Great stuff tonight, especially that last scene. Cohle finally found meaning to his life through the love for his daughter (or at least acknowledged it fully to himself). His empathy and caring nature always did shine through the protective nihilistic rhetoric.

However the mystery ended up (and I thought that was a pretty thrilling conclusion there), it really was a show about those two characters and their relationship throughout. A relationship that grew into strong friendship by the end.

I'll be sad to see it go, but I think we all saw the benefit of a short self-contained series like this.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:30 AM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Remember, Marty said " they're not going to catch them all. They got their guy."

Politics played itself out as nothing, as of now, is happening to the Tuttle family or the Childress family.

Yes, it means the 5 horsemen are still out there - unless the Lawnmower Man knew who they were and had tortured and killed them over the years? You'll recall the show mentions a number of older guys who have ties to our 2 psycho families that are dead now- no mention of how.

The final one of the 5 being the old man strapped down to the bed that had clear signs of torturing- the mouth sewn shut, and it looked like cuts and burns, from maybe cigarettes or a cigar on his torso, at the least. We were never informed who he was, and that's not who tLM targets - women and children.

We just don't get a resolution about that on screen. Once the investigation goes forward with the Feds now involved, that political cover for the Tuttle family or the Childress family probably dries up pretty quick, and they'll be brought down once the evidence is pieced together.

Overall. Straight forward final episode, but didn't cheat us or disappoint with its end. We got a messy resolution, because real life is messy.

Fabulous show from start to end.
the guy on the bed was his dad.

he called him dad in the first scene and the woman told marty "old" billy was in his house
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:37 AM 03-10-2014
The last scene just before rust gets attacked what was he seeing when looking upwards...hallucinating in the dark? I watched this on my phone so it was hard to tell
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:48 AM 03-10-2014
the last episode was a perfect ending to the story.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:00 AM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
The last scene just before rust gets attacked what was he seeing when looking upwards...hallucinating in the dark? I watched this on my phone so it was hard to tell
It was like a swirling cosmic vortex. I think it has to be Rust's way of seeing the enormity of the situation. Also it was probably a manifestation for Rust of The Yellow King's spiral totem.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 94
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Up