ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 395 of 3903
« First < 295345385391392393394395 3963973983994054454958951395 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 07:31 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It'd be easier to face the facts if we knew what we were truly looking at. At this point we have no idea, unfortunately.
There are lots of facts we know. People are being laid off. The economy is being shut down. We are going to add massively to our debt. We are going to destroy millions of people’s lives financially with many losing everything. I could keep going but I’ll stop. No one more, China is a huge POS and our media has refused to address it for a long time now.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:32 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I will say again... When social media started, I knew we were ****ed as a society. More ****ed than when 24/7 news cycles started.

I hate knowing the deepist, most inner thoughts of humans. Maybe I've been naive.

AI sounds like a good alternative to me.
Not everybody needs a voice. Sad but true.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:35 PM 03-17-2020
I just wish we knew if/when we could expect the antiviral's.
I don't know. My mom's a retired physician, and still has friends around the country that still practice. She told me today while I was driving her around that at least one of these groups skipped animal testing and went straight to human trials, which will cut down on the timetable significantly. I can't remember the specifics because I was trying to decipher her directions at the time, but the bottom line is that it should be sooner rather than later.

For some reason my brain tells me that normally we would expect to hear something concrete in about 18-24 months, but if they're skipping to human trials, maybe half that? Maybe even less?
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:37 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is becoming a generation changing event for those coming of age right now. They have never known any bad times. They were little kids in the 2008 crash. They are living life large. Partying at bars into the night, hanging out in groups. Filling up the sand on beaches. They have no idea the reality getting ready to smack them in the face.

The economy was on cruise control. Soon to be, in a matter of weeks, the worst since the great depression. Big layoffs are coming in all sectors of the economy. We are going to start seeing people dying in greater numbers in a week and the healthcare system max's out.
We are pass the "hope" of avoiding a society changing event. Treasury secretary says 20% unemployment soon.

We need to face facts and meet the challenge. We will eventually be okay. The economy and jobs will come back. Its just going to take awhile.
Just to be clear, he actually said "could rise to 20% without government intervention" and as a worst case scenario.
[Reply]
eDave 07:38 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Not everybody needs a voice. Sad but true.
Reminds me of having dinner with scho.

He's looking at me thinking I'm a God damned Communist while I'm looking at him thinking he's a God damned trump voting Moron.

Miss him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:42 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
So the hippies are scared. Shocking. It’s amazing how that state has went to shit over the last 30 years.
You don’t believe in vaccines. Your opinion on literally anything isn’t worth shit.
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Just to be clear, he actually said "could rise to 20% without government intervention" and as a worst case scenario.
I was gonna say
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 PM 03-17-2020

RARE SIGHT: Some of Southern California's major freeways were wide open during rush hour this afternoon as the novel coronavirus outbreak prompts many to stay home. pic.twitter.com/Uz3Ipw0Rpc

— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) March 18, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)
[Reply]
TLO 07:49 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't know. My mom's a retired physician, and still has friends around the country that still practice. She told me today while I was driving her around that at least one of these groups skipped animal testing and went straight to human trials, which will cut down on the timetable significantly. I can't remember the specifics because I was trying to decipher her directions at the time, but the bottom line is that it should be sooner rather than later.

For some reason my brain tells me that normally we would expect to hear something concrete in about 18-24 months, but if they're skipping to human trials, maybe half that? Maybe even less?
Yes but 2 of the main ones they are testing right now have been in existence for years. If they work, we're in a good spot.

If not... Well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Reminds me of having dinner with scho.

He's looking at me thinking I'm a God damned Communist while I'm looking at him thinking he's a God damned trump voting Moron.

Miss him.
Did he die?:-) what did I miss?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:51 PM 03-17-2020
Yes but 2 of the main ones they are testing right now have been in existence for years. If they work, we're in a good spot.

If not... Well.
Oh yeah, she said something about that. the HIV one has of course been out there for decades, so if that one proves effective, it won't be long at all before they can declare it safe for full production/whatever. A couple months maybe?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:54 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'm still refreshing like crazy for the March 17th new cases. See if the dip is an anomaly or not. It's like waiting for the crop report in Trading Places.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...country/italy/
Italian numbers update around noon CST.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:57 PM 03-17-2020
Just hit the 6k mark 104 deaths nationally
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:59 PM 03-17-2020
Where are you seeing this?
https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronaviru...ry?id=69636160

"Shelter in place"
[Reply]