ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 112
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:04 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We were also near the bottom of the league in WR production in yards, 1st downs, and TDs. KC ended up being 1st in those categories largely because Travis balled out and stayed healthy, and the RBs stepped up. I highly doubt that the plan going forward is to have one of the worst-performing WR rooms in the NFL.

In fact, we know that wasn't the plan, because the intent before the season was to re-sign Tyreek. Veach tried to sign AJ Brown. And so on.
For a price, Hugarte, for a price.

And Veach decided the price was too high, and that The Chiefs could be effective by being diverse instead.

And Kelce caught essentially ONE MORE PASS per game than 2021. And five more catches all season than 2020. So let's not act like suddenly we're relying on Kelce any more than they typically have over the last several years. One more pass per game, and the offense was MORE productive, scored more points, and had more explosive plays than the year before when it was Hill/Kelce/Jags.

You're trying to bend facts to fit your narrative and it's bullshit.

The only people that give a rat's ass about the running back room getting more targets is a small percentage of fans that just can't wrap their heads around the idea of not having a high volume WR (WR#!).

Production is production. Most teams still stayed with the two deep defenses all season long, so yeah, the RB outlet pass is there all damned day long, and Mahomes took it. If he'd done that more in '21, we might've won the AFCCG and the Super Bowl.

And despite all evidence to the contrary, you and others stuck in your mindset still insist that Veach is going to sign some DHop or OBJ guy to fill your incessant need to see one WR get 100 plus targets because you just can't wrap your head around the idea that it's not necessary. You literally just saw them win a Super Bowl, against a worthy opponent with the best defense in football, with Skyy, Toney, Kelce, and Pacheco scoring TD's.

Yet, you're panicked because it looks like they're fine with that being the group expected to carry the load this year.

No way, you say! Veach is going to make a blockbuster deal for an over 30 expensive WR1 because I've just got to have one to feel good about!

No he's not. They're probably bringing Watson back. They'll probably bring Mckinnon back. And they're probably going to draft a WR in rounds 2-3 and they're going to roll.

And they'll be serious contenders yet again, no matter what you whiners think about it.

What's your prediction for their record this season? How many W/L and how far in the playoffs? Go on record now, so I can laugh at you all season long.
[Reply]
O.city 05:51 PM 04-04-2023
Are you still going to look down your nose and over your glasses and talk down to us plebs if they end up with Hopkins or obj?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:09 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Are you still going to look down your nose and over your glasses and talk down to us plebs if they end up with Hopkins or obj?
Are you still going to be a childish little bitch when they don't?

I love how when someone tells you something you don't want to hear, they're looking down they're arrogant.

The only way that happens is one of those guys agreeing to a much less than $10m deal.

They're not paying #1WR money. They don't have it now, they didn't have it earlier, and they've got less now than they had to start with.

We'll have a stud #1WR if Toney or Skyy or a drafted player becomes one. Each and any are more likely than Dhop or OBJ.
[Reply]
O.city 06:14 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Are you still going to be a childish little bitch when they don't?

I love how when someone tells you something you don't want to hear, they're looking down they're arrogant.
You said all year they wouldn’t spent this or do that

Then they go spend 80 mill on a tackle from another team and however much on a DE.

Then we hear they were interested in making a trade for a wr that got traded and paid last year, after they were prepared to pay a wr 20 some million but he wanted 30.

I’m good either way. I don’t think they wanted to necessarily go into last year how they did, but it worked out great

I don’t think it’s how they wanna go into this season either but we’ll see I gues
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:17 PM 04-04-2023
You said all year they wouldn’t spent this or do that

Then they go spend 80 mill on a tackle from another team and however much on a DE.

Then we hear they were interested in making a trade for a wr that got traded and paid last year, after they were prepared to pay a wr 20 some million but he wanted 30.

I’m good either way. I don’t think they wanted to necessarily go into last year how they did, but it worked out great

I don’t think it’s how they wanna go into this season either but we’ll see I gues
I said they wouldn't pay Brown, and I was right. I said Veach wouldn't let him hold the team hostage, and I was right. What I specifically said many times is that Brown is a middling starting LT and we can't afford to overpay for production like that.

They paid less than $10m for Omenihu.

I said we'd be bargain shopping, and we have been.

I've been telling you all along that no team had won a SB with a QB taking more than 13% of the team's cap space, and Mahomes did it in '22 at 17%. He's 18% in '23, but you guys still think we're going to sign a big money FA WR. But I'm arrogant for pointing out the actual facts?

When did you guys become weak little wienies that can't handle being contradicted? I bring you facts, I bring you evidence, and you guys whine that I'm being arrogant and talking down to you.

Little babies.

Sure, they'll sign Dhop or OBJ. If it's a one year deal for way south of $10m. You think either of those guys will do that? Or that someone else won't pay more?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:33 PM 04-04-2023
This is a Justyn Ross thread, for fuck's sake. And you guys can't stop with this fantasy world Dhop bullshit.

It seeps into and across every single football discussion.

It's fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
TEX 06:37 PM 04-04-2023
This is a Justyn Ross thread, for ****'s sake. And you guys can't stop with this fantasy world Dhop bullshit.

It seeps into and across every single football discussion.

It's ****ing ridiculous.
Yep. But GOTS TO HAVE D-HOP!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
O.city 06:41 PM 04-04-2023
I said they wouldn't pay Brown, and I was right. I said Veach wouldn't let him hold the team hostage, and I was right. What I specifically said many times is that Brown is a middling starting LT and we can't afford to overpay for production like that.

They paid less than $10m for Omenihu.

I said we'd be bargain shopping, and we have been.

I've been telling you all along that no team had won a SB with a QB taking more than 13% of the team's cap space, and Mahomes did it in '22 at 17%. He's 18% in '23, but you guys still think we're going to sign a big money FA WR. But I'm arrogant for pointing out the actual facts?

When did you guys become weak little wienies that can't handle being contradicted? I bring you facts, I bring you evidence, and you guys whine that I'm being arrogant and talking down to you.

Little babies.

Sure, they'll sign Dhop or OBJ. If it's a one year deal for way south of $10m. You think either of those guys will do that? Or that someone else won't pay more?
Bargain shopped to the tune of 80 million dollars on a guy.

I don’t think either Hopkins or obj are in the cards nor do I really think they should be.

I’m more talking about your “they won’t pay a wr big money because they won a sb without one” stuff. They also won a sb with shit tackle play, yet now we’re replacing both.

They’re clearly fine paying for a wr, if it makes sense to.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:50 PM 04-04-2023
Bargain shopped to the tune of 80 million dollars on a guy.

I don’t think either Hopkins or obj are in the cards nor do I really think they should be.

I’m more talking about your “they won’t pay a wr big money because they won a sb without one” stuff. They also won a sb with shit tackle play, yet now we’re replacing both.

They’re clearly fine paying for a wr, if it makes sense to.
It's actually 60m guaranteed, and his cap number is $5.8m in 2023. So we've actually saved over $10m as opposed to tagging Brown again.

The math is the math. They're going to have to do a Jones extension, which will get the yearly money down a little, but not enough to do a #1WR deal, and it's not good cap value when they're shown they don't NEED a guy like that to move the ball and score points.

It didn't make sense in February, and it makes even less sense in April.
[Reply]
O.city 06:54 PM 04-04-2023
It's actually 60m guaranteed, and his cap number is $5.8m in 2023. So we've actually saved over $10m as opposed to tagging Brown again.

The math is the math. They're going to have to do a Jones extension, which will get the yearly money down a little, but not enough to do a #1WR deal, and it's not good cap value when they're shown they don't NEED a guy like that to move the ball and score points.

It didn't make sense in February, and it makes even less sense in April.
Again though, they did what they did without good tackle play, yet they’re trying to upgrade it

Results from last year themselves aren’t always going to translate year to year. I think they’re gonna have to try to get jones deal wrapped sooner than later but I’m kinda wondering if they don’t end up going the Tyreek route with it
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:59 PM 04-04-2023
Again though, they did what they did without good tackle play, yet they’re trying to upgrade it

Results from last year themselves aren’t always going to translate year to year. I think they’re gonna have to try to get jones deal wrapped sooner than later but I’m kinda wondering if they don’t end up going the Tyreek route with it
Brown is what he is, which is not worth the money he wanted.

As fans, we don't know what Skyy is capable of. We don't know what Toney is going to be. Veach and Reid have a much better idea. What they have said and done in free agency speaks volumes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:02 PM 04-04-2023
For a price, Hugarte, for a price.

And Veach decided the price was too high, and that The Chiefs could be effective by being diverse instead.

And Kelce caught essentially ONE MORE PASS per game than 2021. And five more catches all season than 2020. So let's not act like suddenly we're relying on Kelce any more than they typically have over the last several years. One more pass per game, and the offense was MORE productive, scored more points, and had more explosive plays than the year before when it was Hill/Kelce/Jags.

You're trying to bend facts to fit your narrative and it's bullshit.

The only people that give a rat's ass about the running back room getting more targets is a small percentage of fans that just can't wrap their heads around the idea of not having a high volume WR (WR#!).

Production is production. Most teams still stayed with the two deep defenses all season long, so yeah, the RB outlet pass is there all damned day long, and Mahomes took it. If he'd done that more in '21, we might've won the AFCCG and the Super Bowl.

And despite all evidence to the contrary, you and others stuck in your mindset still insist that Veach is going to sign some DHop or OBJ guy to fill your incessant need to see one WR get 100 plus targets because you just can't wrap your head around the idea that it's not necessary. You literally just saw them win a Super Bowl, against a worthy opponent with the best defense in football, with Skyy, Toney, Kelce, and Pacheco scoring TD's.

Yet, you're panicked because it looks like they're fine with that being the group expected to carry the load this year.

No way, you say! Veach is going to make a blockbuster deal for an over 30 expensive WR1 because I've just got to have one to feel good about!

No he's not. They're probably bringing Watson back. They'll probably bring Mckinnon back. And they're probably going to draft a WR in rounds 2-3 and they're going to roll.

And they'll be serious contenders yet again, no matter what you whiners think about it.

What's your prediction for their record this season? How many W/L and how far in the playoffs? Go on record now, so I can laugh at you all season long.
Lol, you can go back and check, but my original stance bout the WR room was that we were going to sign Adam Thielen (vet reclamation project), and that neither OBJ nor DHop were possible. Said it multiple times over multiple threads.

I also said that my theory was that the Chiefs were going to go all-in on 13P and Veach was going to draft a couple TEs this year, maybe even sign a good vet.

As for the WR room, well, those are simply the facts. We have MVS as a proven WR, albeit limited role player who will likely account for a solid 700+ yards, 30+ 1st downs and 5-7 TDs.

And then a room full of hopes and dreams. A room that right now is far less talented than it was the day we won the SBVII.

You can twist it any way you want, tell me that Watson/Gray/Fortson/Pacheco/whoever are going to make up the difference and be good enough to deal with the CIN defense in spite of being less talented than the group we brought to the game the last three meetings, that Travis will be fine, in spite of turning 34 in October, but it just doesn't wash.

My point has been the same since JuJu signed with NE. The WR room needs a large infusion of talent. Travis is four years older than either OBJ/DHop, but somehow he's going to keep right on leading the team in catches/TDs/1st downs.

We aren't going to get giant leaps of production from Gray/Fortson/Watson. Improvements, sure. Not 2000+ yards, 90 1st downs and 24 TDs. We'd probably be over the moon if we got half of that from those guys.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:15 PM 04-04-2023
12-5, if all goes well again. No real serious injury issues across the team. Travis stays healthy. Mckinnon comes back and plays at least as well as he did in 2022. Toney stays healthy for the season and blows up.

Or, we could have injury issues, Pat has a bad day or two, etc., and do worse. 10-7 maybe.

We'll get into the playoffs, no reason really to think we won't. Once in, anything is possible, of course. However, if we don't get at least one more solid WR, it'll be hard to get lucky enough to beat CIN again in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:31 PM 04-04-2023
12-5, if all goes well again. No real serious injury issues across the team. Travis stays healthy. Mckinnon comes back and plays at least as well as he did in 2022. Toney stays healthy for the season and blows up.

Or, we could have injury issues, Pat has a bad day or two, etc., and do worse. 10-7 maybe.

We'll get into the playoffs, no reason really to think we won't. Once in, anything is possible, of course. However, if we don't get at least one more solid WR, it'll be hard to get lucky enough to beat CIN again in the playoffs.
We beat them with Marcus Kemp taking meaningful snaps, and they lost half their secondary.

I figured they'd do something like that,too, but apparently they're higher on Skyy and Toney than we think.

They'll probably add at least Watson, I'd think as insurance.

You have to keep in mind, the other teams are losing guys, too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:42 PM 04-04-2023
Lol, you can go back and check, but my original stance bout the WR room was that we were going to sign Adam Thielen (vet reclamation project), and that neither OBJ nor DHop were possible. Said it multiple times over multiple threads.

I also said that my theory was that the Chiefs were going to go all-in on 13P and Veach was going to draft a couple TEs this year, maybe even sign a god vet.

As for the WR room, well, those are simply the facts. We have MVS as a proven WR, albeit limited role player who will likely account for a solid 700+ yards, 30+ 1st downs and 5-7 TDs.

And then a room full of hopes and dreams. A room that right now is far less talented than it was the day we won the SBVII.

You can twist it any way you want, tell me that Watson/Gray/Fortson/Pacheco/whoever are going to make up the difference and be good enough to deal with the CIN defense in spite of being less talented than the group we brought to the game the last three meetings, that Travis will be fine, in spite of turning 34 in October, but it just doesn't wash.

My point has been the same since JuJu signed with NE. The WR room needs a large infusion of talent. Travis is four years older than either OBJ/DHop, but somehow he's going to keep right on leading the team in catches/TDs/1st downs.

We aren't going to get giant leaps of production from Gray/Fortson/Watson. Improvements, sure. Not 2000+ yards, 90 1st downs and 24 TDs. We'd probably be over the moon if we got half of that from those guys.
Where's this 2000 yards and 24 TD's we lost in the last two months?

We lost Juju, and I don't think there's anything really special there, do you, really? Hardman missed half the year and put up meh numbers. Skyy had 4 vets in front of him. I think people expected too much in his rookie year. I said as much before the season began, but I don't want to be arrogant or anything!

Nobody's arguing that we don't need to add talent, we just disagree on how that should be done. If we do it through the draft, we might get to keep the Sneeds, and Boltons, and Smiths. And therefore the overall TEAM is stronger.

I say we're going to have to grow our own, and our rivals are just about to find out what paying an elite QB means. I'm not worried. Cinci is already losing guys. Buffalo is losing guys and coordinators. Philly just lost both coordinators.

You're looking at the Chiefs as if they've lost guys, and the other teams are only getting better, but there's absolutely no reason to think that. They have more holes than two months ago, too.

Barring catastrophic injury issues (to Mahomes, basically), The Chiefs will go 13-4, win the division again, and make it to at least the AFCCG. I won't predict they win the SB because it's historically very difficult to repeat. But they'll have a shot.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 112
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up