ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 146
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
tredadda 12:00 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's literally the same script from the other 2 SBs we played in. We proved it wrong against SF and in the end the OL damage was just too significant against TB so I think it ended up largely null.

But this idea that the Chiefs are just scrappy underdogs with an elite quarterback is such bullshit and does such a massive disservice to a team with 6 All Pros (and that felt at least 1, possibly 2 light, IMO).

This is a fucking good football team and anyone that can't see that is selling you something.
Honestly I think most know KC is a really good team. I also think Chiefs fatigue is real and setting in and as such they find ways to pick holes in this team or downplay them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:02 PM 02-08-2023
FYI - the person that's being slept on that I'm actually damn worried about? Dallas Goedert.

I do see a matchup issue for us there defensively. If we focus on slowing the run game, we're gonna have some guys out there that aren't ideal in space and Goedert can punish us for that.

I feel like he'll have a big game if the Eagles win it.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:07 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah their OL is a bit overrated when you dive into the context:

Wow. This is pretty crazy.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:17 PM 02-08-2023
It sometimes feels like Chris Simms and Louis Reddick are the only guys who realize the Chiefs front is physical and tough.

It’s not just Jones, either. The upside of Spags DEs is that when you don’t have Bitchmade DEs like Dee Ford, you don’t have to worry about a pretty boy type not doing his job or being regularly WHAM blocked by a slot WR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:17 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wow. This is pretty crazy.
Because again, Hurts isn't a dynamic runner.

And they need the threat of his arm to set up the run with him (and Sanders as well).

They aren't the powerhouse they're being sold as. And this idea that Hurts needs to only be okay for the rest of the team to just blow past KC is asinine.

They need Hurts throwing the ball better than he has of late and if he's not sound and not able to do that, they're in a lot of trouble.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:20 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It sometimes feels like Chris Simms and Louis Reddick are the only guys who realize the Chiefs front is physical and tough.

It’s not just Jones, either. The upside of Spags DEs is that when you don’t have Bitchmade DEs like Dee Ford, you don’t have to worry about a pretty boy type not doing his job or being regularly WHAM blocked by a slot WR.
Right?

Who are you going to push around? Clark's probably the 'lightest' DE we have. Danna gets pressure from the interior FFS. Dunlap has grown ass man strength. Jones is a wagon, as is Saunders, Nnadi and Williams. Karlaftis has some functional strength he could add but as far as rookies go, find me a sturdier one.

And that's to say nothing of probably the best tackler in the game right now in Bolton or a guy in Gay who is the perfect example of 'force = mass*acceleration' as it applies to football.

This isn't some soft group. We're a defense built around our offense - we play with light boxes a lot because teams have to throw to keep up with us. And yes, that makes us susceptible to getting beat on the ground at times - because we allow it.

If Hurts can't throw, the Eagles can't run on this front, IMO.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:20 PM 02-08-2023
Because again, Hurts isn't a dynamic runner.

And they need the threat of his arm to set up the run with him (and Sanders as well).

They aren't the powerhouse they're being sold as. And this idea that Hurts needs to only be okay for the rest of the team to just blow past KC is asinine.

They need Hurts throwing the ball better than he has of late and if he's not sound and not able to do that, they're in a lot of trouble.
Yep. Which brings up another thing:

A big part of their winning formula this year was not only playing a lot with a lead but their turnover differential.

If Hurts makes just one errant pass that gets picked off, their whole gameplan could go out the window.
[Reply]
Basileus777 12:23 PM 02-08-2023

Philly beat writers have lost their minds.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:25 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Basileus777:

Jalen Hurts: 4.6 YPC

Patrick Mahomes: 5.9 YPC

Jalen Hurts isn't even a better runner than Patrick Mahomes is.

Get outta here with this shit...
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:27 PM 02-08-2023
Right?

Who are you going to push around? Clark's probably the 'lightest' DE we have. Danna gets pressure from the interior FFS. Dunlap has grown ass man strength. Jones is a wagon, as is Saunders, Nnadi and Williams. Karlaftis has some functional strength he could add but as far as rookies go, find me a sturdier one.

And that's to say nothing of probably the best tackler in the game right now in Bolton or a guy in Gay who is the perfect example of 'force = mass*acceleration' as it applies to football.

This isn't some soft group. We're a defense built around our offense - we play with light boxes a lot because teams have to throw to keep up with us. And yes, that makes us susceptible to getting beat on the ground at times - because we allow it.

If Hurts can't throw, the Eagles can't run on this front, IMO.
Probably the only guy you can push around at DE is Karlaftis. Karlaftis is huge and powerful for a DE but his technique and instincts aren't quite there yet against the run. You can run on Furious George for now.

The bigger issue is at tackle. Jones is another level this year but Saunders has had as many good plays against the run as bad plays this year. Nnadi has had more bad than good, and just seems beat up. Brandon Williams remains basically Prime Mike Pennel against the run, but he's so one-dimensional Spags barely plays him.

I almost don't care about Williams' pass rush. The #1 key to losing this game is to let them run on you, and that's it. Every time I've got two tackles on the field, Williams is my NT #1.

But I'm not Spags and that's not how Spags has played him.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:31 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Eisen, who I like btw, posted a mea culpa today :-)

Which is why Rich Eisen is one of the best.

Eisen was actually bullish on the Chiefs this year, too. There's a famous bit about him saying "let's not forget about these guys."

Edit: Here it is:

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:31 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Basileus777:

Reading through some of the comments and it appears this guy might be Philly's version of BWillie. He's mostly getting laughed at.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:35 PM 02-08-2023
It's literally the same script from the other 2 SBs we played in. We proved it wrong against SF and in the end the OL damage was just too significant against TB so I think it ended up largely null.

But this idea that the Chiefs are just scrappy underdogs with an elite quarterback is such bullshit and does such a massive disservice to a team with 6 All Pros (and that felt at least 1, possibly 2 light, IMO).

This is a fucking good football team and anyone that can't see that is selling you something.
Its ridiculous. Since when is football ever just "who has the overall better team, player by player"

May as well just throw the coaches off the sideline, clearly they don't matter. Its all just players and stats, apparently.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:37 PM 02-08-2023
FYI - the person that's being slept on that I'm actually damn worried about? Dallas Goedert.

I do see a matchup issue for us there defensively. If we focus on slowing the run game, we're gonna have some guys out there that aren't ideal in space and Goedert can punish us for that.

I feel like he'll have a big game if the Eagles win it.
I find myself okay with that.

Goedert can go for 8 catches for 120 so long as we're blanketing Brown and we're filling the run lanes.

I think Goedert and Smith are going to pop a few plays, but I don't think they're the reason you lose the Super Bowl. Brown and Hurts are.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:42 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Reading through some of the comments and it appears this guy might be Philly's version of BWillie. He's mostly getting laughed at.
Ooof....did his super computer tell him Hurts was better?
[Reply]
Page 98 of 146
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Up