ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 146
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
O.city 11:34 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Won’t lie, life is easier when you realize that talking heads are paid to give an opinion, not be correct.
What gets me is that these guys give these opinons and such on why x or y will happen.

The game happens and none of what they say comes to fruition

There's no "so hey, you were wrong on this and that, etc". It's just on to the next thing.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 11:36 AM 02-08-2023
I think the only way we lose is if Philly runs all over us, which they are capable of doing.

Stop the run, jump to an early lead, force Philly to play from behind. Do that and we should easily be favorites.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:37 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
What gets me is that these guys give these opinons and such on why x or y will happen.

There's no "so hey, you were wrong on this and that, etc". It's just on to the next thing.
Only Nick Wright seems to call out anyone on it.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 AM 02-08-2023
ESPN has multiple employees who come from the Philly sports scene so it's not at all surprising.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:40 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
I think the only way we lose is if Philly runs all over us, which they are capable of doing.

Stop the run, jump to an early lead, force Philly to play from behind. Do that and we should easily be favorites.
To my understanding Hurts’ throwing shoulder is not 100%. If that’s true then KC needs to force him to beat them by throwing it.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:41 AM 02-08-2023

Eisen, who I like btw, posted a mea culpa today :-)

[Reply]
Lzen 11:41 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
But I just saw Damien Woody smash a chiefs minihelmet, xburt analisis
Patriots trash.
[Reply]
Shields68 11:46 AM 02-08-2023
To my understanding Hurts’ throwing shoulder is not 100%. If that’s true then KC needs to force him to beat them by throwing it.
Think that is pretty much every teams plan going in. He has had 2 very easy playoff games and no one has forced them to throw deep. Strong running game plus Wr who have been getting open in the medium routes is working rather well.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:47 AM 02-08-2023
Unless our defense just falls apart I dont' see Philly blowing us out.

It's basically on our OL. If it holds up, we should be fine.
And for as much shit as we give our OL (well, some of us do), the Chiefs offensive line is among the best units in football. Again, in terms of pass pro win rates, we're the best in the league and by a good chunk.

For all the "The Eagles OL is clearly better than KCs" shit, I just don't see it. To really buy into that talk you have to believe that OBJ is just some slug and I simply don't. He's an above average LT and at least a comparable, if not slightly better, pass blocker than Mailata is. Obviously we don't have a Lane Johnson on the other side and that's a huge advantage for the Eagles, but we're not a team that wrecks things on the edges anyway. In many ways, Lane Johnson is wasted on us. We'll have Karlaftis and Dunlap their their body at him 65 times and hope catch him napping once or twice. Okay, I can live with that.

The Eagles have an OL with no obvious holes, I'll grant them that. Seumalo and Dickerson are nice players flanking Kelce. But from LT through RG, the Chiefs are their equal. That's especially the case when you consider what we do. There isn't a single LG in football I'd take for this team over Joe Thuney.
Hell, there's not even a CLOSE second. Creed and Kelce wash. I do think Smith is somewhat miscast here but we actually DO run the ball some and when we do, he's the guy who makes it work.

So we're talking one guy in Wylie and when that's the difference you're faced with, you can scheme it. Our OL can play theirs to a draw, IMO.

This isn't the Bucs SB where we had weakness EVERYWHERE. And that's what got us blown out.

It ain't happening Sunday.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:50 AM 02-08-2023
I said it it one of the safety threads, but this feels like a game where Thornhill could be a MASSIVE asset.

This feels like a Cover 3 game to me. Keep Reid nearer to the box and force Hurts to beat us over the top or with precision passing. If he's trying to bomb the ball, stay in 3. If he's trying to work underneath, get into Cover 1 man situations more frequently.

But Thornhill is the key to being able to play either effectively, IMO. If he can keep them from hitting one of the early shot plays that they'll absolutely try to Brown or Smith, that will be massive.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:52 AM 02-08-2023
Yeah their OL is a bit overrated when you dive into the context:

8.2!!
6.1!

YPC numbers since 12.1.22

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 8, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:52 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
These talking heads are making their picks based upon spreadsheets rather than watching the games. If I had a dollar for every time I've heard "The Eagles are the much better team... if you compare player by player the Eagles are so much better..." well, I'd have a lot of dollars! :-) They are L A Z Y. Same shit, different week.

The guys who spend their time studying film and breaking down the gameplans, execution, and coaching rarely regurgitate that stupid "if you compare all of the positions" mantra. What they are saying is "this is going to be one hell of a game!", often followed by "I think KC wins it because Mahomes is that guy, the KC D is vastly underrated, and Reid & Co are the better coaches who have been there before and won it all".
It's literally the same script from the other 2 SBs we played in. We proved it wrong against SF and in the end the OL damage was just too significant against TB so I think it ended up largely null.

But this idea that the Chiefs are just scrappy underdogs with an elite quarterback is such bullshit and does such a massive disservice to a team with 6 All Pros (and that felt at least 1, possibly 2 light, IMO).

This is a fucking good football team and anyone that can't see that is selling you something.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:56 AM 02-08-2023

Welcome to 24x7 news "entertainment".

Just watch your local news. The weatherman is ALWAYS wrong and nobody ever says a thing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's literally the same script from the other 2 SBs we played in. We proved it wrong against SF and in the end the OL damage was just too significant against TB so I think it ended up largely null.

But this idea that the Chiefs are just scrappy underdogs with an elite quarterback is such bullshit and does such a massive disservice to a team with 6 All Pros (and that felt at least 1, possibly 2 light, IMO).

This is a fucking good football team and anyone that can't see that is selling you something.
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 02-08-2023
More so the run defense. I'm not too worried about the pass d.
I said it prior to the Bengals game - there is ZERO reason why this team can't stop the run if that's what it focuses on. And it HAS stopped it against a team like the Eagles in Tennessee in the playoffs.

And that TN team had AJ Brown and Corey Davis. It had a good OL. It had a physical, aggressive defense.

I mean we keep hearing everyone compare these guys to some hybrid version of the '85 Bears defense and '21 Ravens offense but....what if they're just the 2019 Titans with a pussy schedule? And if you insist they aren't, why not?

I'm just so damn tired of this every year. Whatever team we face is just clearly superior to us in every way but quarterback and to hell with the fact that we've piss pounded squads just like them with regularity this season (49ers) and in seasons prior.
[Reply]
Page 97 of 146
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107 > Last »
Up