ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 146
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Toad 09:08 AM 02-08-2023
Yep. Mahomes said the other day (paraphrased) that he remembers the Super Bowl loss much more than the Super Bowl win. The learnings from both are invaluable
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:09 AM 02-08-2023
A reporter just asked Reid, who is a Mormon, how he likes his coffee? :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 09:12 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by JolieMolie:
Yes, I am a Bengal's fan, but the Chiefs are my second-favorite team. The Chiefs and Fleagles have only played 9 times with K.C. winning five.

For the first-ever game, I was at Arrowhead with my dad and his co-worker and his family. The Chiefs had been mildly upset by the Bengals (surprise surprise) the week before, and the Chiefs looked for a bounce-back game against the Eagles a week later.

It was very rainy that day, and before the game my dad made a bet with his coworker that the Eagles would win. The Fleagles were terrible back then, kind of like the Texans are today. Well, the Eagles won. The only thing I remember is a long bomb being thrown (can't remember if it was Len Dawson or the Fleagle's quarterback) and two Chiefs leaping up for it, the ball bouncing of their hands and into a Fleagle defender or receiver and that player pretty much walking the rest of the way in for a score.

The Chiefs should do much better on Sunday.
Is that even possible at this point? I thought all Bengals fans despised this team and fanbase.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:16 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Pretty sure the Seahawks said after the game they had figured out Dungvers calls etc because they didn’t change them from the regular season.
So it's funny, but I watched that ESPN special about the 2000 Ravens last night and they had mentioned how Gregg Williams who was the DC of the Titans at that time actually stole the playbook out of Dilfer's bag. At the start of one of the games the Titans were dominating the Ravens due to that. From what Dilfer said, that many years later Williams admitted to it. Completely unrelated to what you posted, but made me think about that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:26 AM 02-08-2023
Look out

“I’m definitely in a better spot. I can move around better than I did two weeks ago…I’ll be able to move around better for sure, and we’ll see on game day how close to 100% I can be.”

- Patrick Mahomes on his ankle

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) February 8, 2023

[Reply]
Swimm 09:27 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, it's nonsense. I saw some Eagles fans today saying the top player in the game is Mahomes, and the next is Hurts, closely following Mahomes, and then the next 8 guys are Eagles. Hilarious.

QB: Chiefs
RB: Eagles
WR1: Eagles
WR2: Eagles
WR3: Chiefs
TE: Chiefs
LT: Eagles
LG: Chiefs
C: Eagles
RG: Chiefs
RT: Eagles

RE: Eagles
NT: Eagles
DT: Chiefs
LE/OLB: Eagles

MLB: Chiefs
OLB: Eagles (Kyzir White vs. Willie Gay is a tough call, I love them both)

CB: Eagles
CB: Eagles
NB: Chiefs
S: Eagles
S: Chiefs

That gives the Eagles the edge at 13 spots, the Chiefs the edge at 9. And you could make arguments in a few directions. But acting like the Eagles just have overwhelmingly a better roster is folly.
IDK about NB. Avonte Maddox is one of the best slot corners.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:45 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
A reporter just asked Reid, who is a Mormon, how he likes his coffee? :-)
I wished a Jewish client Merry Christmas a few years ago.

Immediately realized my brain had stopped working.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:46 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Swimm:
IDK about NB. Avonte Maddox is one of the best slot corners.

I consider that to be Sneed for KC. Who is an elite slot corner and better than Maddox. But I’d also take Sneed over Bradberry.

The Chiefs’ secondary is vastly underrated because of what happened when McDuffie was out. Fewer names, but Sneed-McDuffie-Watson is not as separated from Slay-Bradberry-Maddox as seems to be common thought.
[Reply]
JolieMolie 09:46 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Is that even possible at this point? I thought all Bengals fans despised this team and fanbase.
No. We lived in Overland Park from March, 1972 to July, 1975 and then moved to Cincinnati. My older sister, who was 19 at the time stayed behind. She married and by the early 90s her co-workers got her interested in the Chiefs. I watched the Chiefs beat the hated Pittsburgh Steelers on a day when it was about 2 degrees in Mason, OH (northwest of Cinti) where i lived at the time. Back then and pretty much for the next 10 years the Bengals were terrible and the Chiefs had some good years.
When the Chiefs won the Super Bowl against the 49ers, I was happy for all of you. It's something the Bengals failed to do twice.
The last two years have been crazy, but no not all Bengal's fans hate the Chiefs. Most of my family is looking forward to years of fun games and Patrick/Joe B. becoming a rivalry for the ages.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:47 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I consider that to be Sneed for KC. Who is an elite slot corner and better than Maddox. But I’d also take Sneed over Bradberry.

The Chiefs’ secondary is vastly underrated because of what happened when McDuffie was out. Fewer names, but Sneed-McDuffie-Watson is not as separated from Slay-Bradberry-Maddox as seems to be common thought.
I think most people that aren't KC fans just remember us needing corners a few years ago.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:56 AM 02-08-2023

46 ESPN employees, including @adamteicher, are picking the Eagles to beat the Chiefs in Super Bowl LVII.

Talk soon. pic.twitter.com/CR8QtL1GdF

— ����‼️ (@LanceTHESPOKEN) February 8, 2023

[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:03 AM 02-08-2023
Over the last 3 days i have kept a separate window open and read this entire fucking thread. I have determined that not only will we win but the Eagles will also lose! Fuck Philly!
[Reply]
PHOG 10:03 AM 02-08-2023
Could we fly a banner to kick Adam Teicher tf out from covering this team. What a POS.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 10:07 AM 02-08-2023
I honestly think we should be favored by about 3.5, maybe I’m I live in a Chiefs bubble, but it blows my mind.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:10 AM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
I honestly think we should be favored by about 3.5, maybe I’m I live in a Chiefs bubble, but it blows my mind.
Public on the Eagles.

:-)

Perfect.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 146
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144 > Last »
Up