5 Erick Pena, OF
6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 09:57 PM 08-10-2021
Great series so far against the yanks. I'm going to the game tomorrow, it'll be my fourth of the year and 2nd time seeing Singer - 8 and 11 year old sons in tow. Going to try and make the Yanx BP if they decide to have it, our seats are behind the visiting dugout, figure that will be a show. It's going to be hot so I don't know how long we'll last. I remember some insane performances, moments and plays by both the Royals and Yankees over the years. My boys have never seen the yankers play, I hope they get a memory or two out of it.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 10:03 PM 08-10-2021
[QUOTE=louie aguiar;15778566]Interesting that his first major league hit came against Wade Davis.[/QUOTE/]
During his career, especially when he was more effective - I wonder how many rooks having a first at bat got a hit off him? I agree with you that it's interesting, not being a condescending fuck.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:07 PM 08-10-2021
Fucking can't wait to see that fuck head DM and Matheny somewhere else. Fucking Olivares has a higher OPS than pretty much everyone and he's just told to fuck off. How is the media not saying anything about this?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:08 PM 08-10-2021

That's five homers in seven games for Bobby Witt Jr. with the @OMAStormChasers.

And he's getting his money's worth. pic.twitter.com/8sMMYnoa27

— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) August 11, 2021

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:35 PM 08-10-2021
Don't give a shit about this organization whatsoever until Dayyon and Matheny are shit canned.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:39 PM 08-10-2021
I legit teared up

Salvador Perez hit two homers and singled tonight — the night that marked the 10-year anniversary of his debut. Asked him afterward what's behind his joy, and the way he plays the game. Here was his response: pic.twitter.com/vC4D7PYQJj

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) August 11, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 10:42 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Fucking can't wait to see that fuck head DM and Matheny somewhere else. Fucking Olivares has a higher OPS than pretty much everyone and he's just told to fuck off. How is the media not saying anything about this?
Oliveras must not worship the proper god.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 10:51 PM 08-10-2021
Any manager would rightfully DH Salvy tomorrow, with the day off coming but after his monster game and based on what he said in the postgame interview. I'd be willing to bet he starts at catcher tomorrow. He said they are going to keep fighting every game. I'd lay a hundo with the books at 49 homers total and bats at least .280 the rest of the way. It's a sentimental bet but he's having the best season of his career.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:51 PM 08-10-2021
Don't give a shit about this organization whatsoever until Dayyon and Matheny are shit canned.
Yet somehow you're in this thread now and very often I might say. That's a lot of interest to not give a shit about! :-) :-)
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 10:56 PM 08-10-2021
I hate the Yankees but imagine Salvy with the yanx the past ten years. They might have won 5 or more WS. So glad he is on our team.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:51 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Yet somehow you're in this thread now and very often I might say. That's a lot of interest to not give a shit about! :-) :-)
Yep, gonna bitch up a storm. Anyone still on Daytons side can kindly go choke themselves.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:56 AM 08-11-2021
Tomorrow I'm going to post the proof that Dayton Moore's the luckiest motherfucking GM to ever win a WS. Be prepared for a long post that most of you will not read.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:38 AM 08-11-2021
Tomorrow I'm going to post the proof that Dayton Moore's the luckiest mother****ing GM to ever win a WS. Be prepared for a long post that most of you will not read.
He didn’t luck into scouting Salvy, Herrera and Yordano.

He didn’t luck into drafting Hosmer, Moose, Duffy and Holland.

He didn’t luck into the contract extension he signed Greinke to, a critical one that allowed him to trade for Cain and Escobar. Two players he correctly thought would excel in the dimensions of the K.

He didn’t luck into the coaching that was critical for Cain staying healthy for a baseball season, and Gordo reviving his career in the outfield and at the plate.

He didn’t luck into James Shields and Wade Davis, and made the trade in spite of leaguewide scorn.

He didn’t luck into trading for Cueto and Zobrist, giving away a piece in Manaea that even got scorn from Billy Beane. These pieces put the Royals over the top.

Really the only argument one could make is that his buy-low free agents (BBQ Ed Volquez, Kendrys Morales, Chris Young, Ryan Madson, Franklin Morales, Alex Rios and even Butera) which are typically very hit or miss, all turned out to be aces in 2015 (even Rios in the postseason). But this amount of luck is required for basically every WS winning team and the core of this team (without these FA's) had made the WS the previous year.

This narrative about him lucking into the win is more and more prevalent over Twitter, but it does a huge disservice to that squad. Has Moore always seemed weirdly fundamentalist? (thinking of the time he said Salvy’s out of wedlock child was “nothing to celebrate”) Yes. Has the game passed Moore now? It may have, but it doesn’t take away from the team that was built in 2014-2015.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:37 AM 08-11-2021
So Bobby Witt Jr has another HR and Melendez is promoted to AAA a couple days ago and just sits the bench in his first game with the Storm Chasers. Fuckin stupid Dayton.
[Reply]
Dartgod 05:36 AM 08-11-2021
So Bobby Witt Jr has another HR and Melendez is promoted to AAA a couple days ago and just sits the bench in his first game with the Storm Chasers. Fuckin stupid Dayton.
I didn't know that Dayton made the lineups for the minor league teams, or even the MLB team for that matter.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 319 of 440
« First < 219269309315316317318319 320321322323329369419 > Last »
Up