ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2402 of 2693
« First < 1402190223022352239223982399240024012402 2403240424052406241224522502 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 02:37 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It is impossible to overstate how good MVS was last night.

He was in the middle of probably 3 of the 4 most important offensive plays of the evening. That was as big-time a playoff performance as this franchise has EVER had from a WR, Tyreek Hill included.

Damn he stepped up.
Hopefully we can get an encore in the SB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:40 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I simply cannot fathom having the mental acuity to process all that in such a short period of time, and the physical ability to execute it.
never played madden huh?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:40 PM 01-30-2023
It is impossible to overstate how good MVS was last night.

He was in the middle of probably 3 of the 4 most important offensive plays of the evening. That was as big-time a playoff performance as this franchise has EVER had from a WR, Tyreek Hill included.

Damn he stepped up.
Our Alvin Harper
[Reply]
Mecca 02:42 PM 01-30-2023
I simply cannot fathom having the mental acuity to process all that in such a short period of time, and the physical ability to execute it.
If you know how to work the dpad and the stick quick enough it all works out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:44 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Our Alvin Harper
Harper doesn't make that 3rd down play. Harper doesn't suddenly pick up the entire route tree in the 3rd quarter. I mean think about what they were doing with him out there.

He's not just out there running the X stuff. Or even the Z stuff. He's running the X, Z AND the Y motions. He's taking screens and doing pre-snap motion and jet actions.

It was so impressive. "Alright, MVS - you're doing everything now..."

Guy got his PhD in "Reid's Complicated System" in the span of an hour and a half.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:46 PM 01-30-2023
Harper doesn't make that 3rd down play. Harper doesn't suddenly pick up the entire route tree in the 3rd quarter. I mean think about what they were doing with him out there.

He's not just out there running the X stuff. Or even the Z stuff. He's running the X, Z AND the Y motions. He's taking screens and doing pre-snap motion and jet actions.

Guy got his PhD in "Reid's Complicated System" in the span of an hour and a half.
The question becomes....can he do that moving forward....or was it a one off game? I'm really hoping that's him moving forward because going into next season with MVS, Moore, and Toney helps.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:49 PM 01-30-2023

Well...can't argue with that. :-)

I was damn impressed when he ran the Mecole play on the flat route out of the backfield.

He's been studying.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The question becomes....can he do that moving forward....or was it a one off game? I'm really hoping that's him moving forward because going into next season with MVS, Moore, and Toney helps.
He may never have another game like that in his life.

But y'know what? To only save $7 million on the cap next season, it's an easy decision just because you know he can have games like this.

Obviously I've been pro MVS since before we even signed the guy, but even I didn't see him having this one in his crayon box.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:57 PM 01-30-2023
Hint: It's not the play you think

I still don't understand how they overturned that call, unless the orange line was off by at least a foot.

MVS's knee was down before he pulled the ball back entirely. But still it seemed he pulled the ball back a little before the knee went down, which wouldn't count as forward progress because he pulled it back on his own volition (different than TD).
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:00 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Well...can't argue with that. :-)

I was damn impressed when he ran the Mecole play on the flat route out of the backfield.

He's been studying.
Gotta know all three positions, or so Andy has said.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:08 PM 01-30-2023
I really hope whatever chemistry issues there are between Mahomes and Moore get ironed out this off-season because those two just aren't on the same page most of the time.

If it's a confidence issue for Moore hopefully his return was the shot in the arm that he needed going forward
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:15 PM 01-30-2023
Hint: It's not the play you think

Man, MVS was a master yesterday. Amazing performance.
[Reply]
Zap Rowsdower 03:15 PM 01-30-2023
So in my over simplified Kansas City all time pro sports power rankings:

George Brett had two World Series appearances. One World Series win. One MVP.

Len Dawson had two Super Bowl appearances. One Super Bowl win. One AFL MVP.

Patrick Mahomes will now have three Super Bowl appearances. One Super Bowl win, and let's just go ahead and say 2 MVPs.

No matter the outcome of the game in two weeks, even if Mahomes retired after this season he already has the title of best Kansas City pro sports athlete of all time. Right?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:17 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower:
So in my over simplified Kansas City all time pro sports power rankings:

George Brett had two World Series appearances. One World Series win. One MVP.

Len Dawson had two Super Bowl appearances. One Super Bowl win. One AFL MVP.

Patrick Mahomes will now have three Super Bowl appearances. One Super Bowl win, and let's just go ahead and say 2 MVPs.

No matter the outcome of the game in two weeks, even if Mahomes retired after this season he already has the title of best Kansas City pro sports athlete of all time. Right?
Easily.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:20 PM 01-30-2023
Sean Payton gushing over Mahomes

[Reply]
Page 2402 of 2693
« First < 1402190223022352239223982399240024012402 2403240424052406241224522502 > Last »
Up