ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 80
« First < 20606667686970 71727374 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
BWillie 01:07 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For what?
:-)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:09 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He has an arm attached to his body u know...and Andy still has gadget plays for any qb

That's how important qb sneaking or the threat of it is and why we are the worst team in football on 3rd and short

This has pete%gz written all over it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:09 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes, that's exactly how most of us feel when you post. Good job.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:11 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I've heard of a third down back but only on CP have I heard of a third down quarterback
Ya ur right Blake bell is the best option :-)
[Reply]
xztop123 01:12 PM 01-26-2023
Damn a lot of really crappy posts in this thread. Would rather to just see concrete updates
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:13 PM 01-26-2023
How’s Henne at fielding punts?
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:13 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I have been really trying to tell myself I'm not going to let this game get the best of me. That no matter what happens, we weren't even supposed to be here and win or lose, this team has been incredible and we've been to 5 straight AFC title games, which I never for a second thought I would ever see in my life. Mahomes is hurt, the Bengals are steamrolling, and I'm going to be content with the outcome either way.

Man oh man, it isn't happening. I want this so bad I'm seething. I can only imagine how Pat and the rest of the guys feel. We have to win this. That's all there is to it. I don't even care if we lose in the SB. This game, we just have to goddamn win.
That's exactly how I feel.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 01:14 PM 01-26-2023
If you are going to bother putting anyone other than Mahomes at QB in 3rd and 1 you'd be better off with McKinnon, not Henne. He was a college QB so may be alright for a trick play here and there.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:14 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yeah take the league MVP out for a 37 year old journeyman :-)
They'll never see it coming! Brilliant!!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:15 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Hennething is possible!
[Reply]
xztop123 01:17 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
If you are going to bother putting anyone other than Mahomes at QB in 3rd and 1 you'd be better off with McKinnon, not Henne. He was a college QB so may be alright for a trick play here and there.
Not sure why bell does the sneaks then. At least mck could throw a toss when the d commits to the middle on an inches down.
[Reply]
Spott 01:18 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Not good, but still probably better than Skyy Moore.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:18 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Sorry if repost

I'm on Andy's side of the thing, we have to protect him from himself a bit, but GODDAMN I love this dude.

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Andy Reid said Mahomes was fine after yesterday’s full practice and he doesn’t expect the Chiefs to change their approach, in terms of Mahomes’ out of the pocket plays.

Then Petro started asking dumb questions.
Man, if he's not blowing smoke that will be a miraculous recovery. Like absolutely incredible. I'm certainly hoping that's the case, but I just don't see any way. God I hope I'm wrong.

If that's the case I need whatever he's got going on. Whether it's hiring his trainer or paying the preacher, whatever. I need in.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:19 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Would be fine
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:22 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Little did we know that we have our QBOTF sitting on the bench behind Mahomes.
Best QB who went to Michigan to play in this year's playoffs!
[Reply]
Page 70 of 80
« First < 20606667686970 71727374 > Last »
Up